Contributor

Anyone else tired of QVC pricing?

[ Edited ]

I can understand having sale prices, one day only prices, lunchtime specials, ect., where the price is temorarily lower, but what is up with clearance? When you go to a store and something is on clearance you know that the price may go down even further but it NEVER goes up again. I looked at a pair of boots on "clearance" and a few days later it was still on clearance, but for $20 MORE!!! 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone else tired of QVC pricing?

THe pricing games QVC plays are most unusual and certainly could be considered mis-leading.  I am not saying it does not ever happen but I have never seen a B&M store raise the actual sticker price on a clearance item. OF course B&M stores offer coupons and other incentives which could further reduce a clearance item but to post a clearance price and then turn around and raise it is unusual.  But then again this is QVC we are talking about.

Contributor

I forgot to mention that the shipping went up also from $6.97 to $12.72. So all in you are talking a price increase of almost $26 for something that was already on "clearance". I find this to be ridiculous and unacceptable especially if they want to stay in business.

Regular Contributor

yes it seems the prices are really rising ........   QVC  lets have some more sales or please come down on your prices. tell your clients

Valued Contributor

II don't care about QVC pricing.  I shop wherever I cam get the best value for my money.  QVC doesn't do it for me so it's a QVC loss not mine.

Trusted Contributor

First
@Customer007 wrote:

I can understand having sale prices, one day only prices, lunchtime specials, ect., where the price is temorarily lower, but what is up with clearance? When you go to a store and something is on clearance you know that the price may go down even further but it NEVER goes up again. I looked at a pair of boots on "clearance" and a few days later it was still on clearance, but for $20 MORE!!! 

First off, your statement about clearance prices NEVER going up is factually incrrect.  I have seen this happen at numerous stores including supermarkets, Target, and even Cosctco.  It happens.  Generally, when i have seen it happen, it is because the retailer did not think they would be getting additional inventory in, and ultimately they had another shipment.  Regardless, you are simply incorrect.

Additionally, as far as pricing goes, it is up to you whether or ot to let it bother you.  When I want to make a purhase, I actually shop around (rather than relying on QVC or any other retailer), and make my purchase decisions based upon a number of factors including price, delivery, features, etc.  You should probably do the same as it is not QVC's responsibility -- or any other reailer's -- to ensure that you are getting the best buy for your money -- only you have that duty and responsibility.