Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone else buying less and less from QVC due to no refund on initial shipping charges?

Do most companies refund initial shipping? I didn't know that they did, but I can find almost everything I want/need on Amazon with my prime membership.....get free express shipping.

Remember when QVC first started they had free shipping both ways? Doesn't Zappos do that? It makes buying online or on tv less risky, but not too many companies do this.

Super Contributor

Re: Anyone else buying less and less from QVC due to no refund on initial shipping charges?

I have my closets full of LCNY items.  I rarely returned any of these items as once I found my perfect size, I could order with confidence that items would fit.  The quality was great.  I could find many clearance items from this line, and I often bought Lunchtime Specials at great prices.  Since the Q decided to discontinue this brand, I guess my buying will greatly decrease. 

Honored Contributor

Over time, Q has been a lifesaver for me, but a recent purchase has me re-examining......

I bought two SETS f the little ceramic Christmas Trees, and they were written up as two separate orders.

One box came, although  my order status indicated thyat both had been delivered.

Finally I opened the ONLY box, to find that BOTH orders were sent in one box, but I was charged twice for shipping and handling! Even I, who am VERY LOYAL, think that this is slightly ridiculous.

Trusted Contributor

I am buying way less.  Perhaps that is a good thing.  I've always liked to order from QVC but  just cannot anymore.  The items seem to cost more plus if they don't fit it's already a hassle to return but now it costs to do so.  I've also had trouble with paying to have something shipped back.  Now I ck my statements alot closer.

Valued Contributor

It has not changed my buying habits.  In fact, I think I am ahead with the change because I don't return a whole lot.  When they stopped refunding original shipping, they also reduced the cost of shipping by a bit (most things were $5-7 to ship before and now are $3-5).  Since I keep more than I return, I am ahead.  If you return a lot, then yes I can see how you are worse off than before the change. 

I don't blame the Q for changing this.  I am glad that I no longer have to subsidize serial returners. They WILL refund your shipping if it is defective.