Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone else buying less and less from QVC due to no refund on initial shipping charges?

Lately I feel I have been buying more especially Linea by Louis Dell Olio.  He had a wonderful fall season.  I purchased a lot of his clothing.

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone else buying less and less from QVC due to no refund on initial shipping charges?

I hate returning things and rarely do it. It's such a hassle to me. I hate repacking boxes and, even more, I hate going to the post office. Because of that, I've always been pretty careful about what I buy no matter what the return policy and the return shipping hasn't really been an issue for me.

Valued Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

There is a cost to all of us when folks return things excessivly and I'm happy for them to pick up the tab, and not all of us. Those who want these benefits expect us all to pay for them because someone has to in the cost of goods. 

While it may be true that some or all of the cost for those who repeatedly return are borne by those of us who don't, I don't expect to ever see a reduction in prices or a slow down in price increases because the responsibility for original shipping costs are shifted to the buyer. 

The only thing shifting this cost from QVC to us does is increase the bottom line for the Q.   I expect it to have no positive effect for us, the consumer. 

Maria

Respected Contributor

@tashiar wrote:

I would like to know why Judith Ripka shipping charge is 5.00.  QVC stated the beginning of the year that comsetics and jewlry would be 3.00 shipping charge.

@tashiar I believe I read Q changed their policy. Jewelry that costs $75 & over has a $5 s/h charge now.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

So just to clarify, the 'new' shipping policy NEVER included everything shipping for $3. Many items still shipped for quite a bit more. Regardless of the cost to ship, QVC changed their policy so that other than for clearly defective merchandise (and even then, it sometimes seems as though a call to CS is necessary to ensure items marked defective are treated as such), THEY retained that charge AND the charge to return the item, which is usually a minium of about $7. One of the categories that initially did come with a $3 price tag was jewelry, but now, upon further review, QVC has decided that more expensive jewelry items will require an additional $2 to ship. This despite the fact that reports indicate their jewelry sales are lagging. Meanwhile, the hosts keep telling us to buy it, get it home and if we don't like it, we can send it back, no questions asked. What they fail to stipulate is that we're likely paying a minimum of $10 for that honor... AND that QVC is keeping a significant portion of that amount, not merely to cover shipping costs, but as a profit center... Sorry, but this is no kind of customer incentive.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@tototwo

oh... never mind!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

I am still buying, but less than I used to.  I am now only likely to buy things I KNOW I am going to be happy with -- like a different color of something I already have.  But even that is a gamble due to quality control.  There is one particular Denim & Co top that I like that when I ordered more of the exact same thing, the cut and the weight of the material was different than the ones I already have (and I did not like it).  I am MUCH LESS likely to try anything new on QVC -- not that there is much new anyway.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Contributor

Hurrah!!!   Well said!!

Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1

I can't answer your question.  I have never returned anything to Amazon, and I think of the close to 100 purchases that I have made from E-Bay, and I have returned perhaps one item.

I have made purchases from Keurig, Ulta, Macy's. Never returned anything. I am like another poster stated. I hate to be bothered returning items, so I make darn sure it's not an impulse purchase or something that I may have run into trouble with purchasing online before.

An example would be shoes. I have a very narrow ankle, the only types of shoes that I will order online are boots. Other types of shoes, I need to actually go into a B & M store to try them on.

Even with my hyper vigilence, I will admit that this year I returned a handful of items to QVC.

Contributor

I have cancelled my Q card due to the new shipping prices.  Free shipping and returns at Kohls, Macy's ect. Amazon here I come!