Contributor

Any laptop users not seeing product video buttons?

If so, please contact customer service.  When I called about this situation, they did not perceive a widespread problem.  I have product videos via my iphone, but not via my laptop.

Honored Contributor

Re: Any laptop users not seeing product video buttons?

I'm seeing the videos with my laptop in my Chrome Browser with Windows 7.

Do you have a few specific product numbers as examples?

Honored Contributor

They have all disappeared. Videos are not showing up on any products. On a Mac.

Honored Contributor

the videos are not showing up for me at all. i am using a laptop and firefox.

i also checked the IE browser and the videos are not showing up there either.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

terric wrote:

If so, please contact customer service.  When I called about this situation, they did not perceive a widespread problem.  I have product videos via my iphone, but not via my laptop.

@terric, I tried several at random and can see the videos with no problems (iMac, OS X 10.11).

Here's one that I tried:

J319341

link:

http://www.qvc.com/Carolyn-Pollack-Sterling-Silver-Ear-Climber-Earrings.product.J319341.html?sc=J319...

As I've said on other threads, it helps if all of us try the same video to see if our results are the same.

Are you able to view this one?

~~~~~~

In general:  What browser are you using, and have you tried a different one?  I tried Firefox (v. 41.0.2 ) and Chrome (v. 46.0.2490.71).  Is your browser software up-to-date, and have you deleted cookies/cache/website data?

Is your Adobe Flash Player up-to-date?  (Mine is  v. 19.0.0.201.)

(eta:  I just tried and I also can view them on my iPad 3 and iPhone 5 - iOS v. 9.0.2.)

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@terric wrote:

@terric, I tried several at random and can see the videos with no problems (iMac, OS X 10.11).

Here's one that I tried:

J319341

link:

http://www.qvc.com/Carolyn-Pollack-Sterling-Silver-Ear-Climber-Earrings.product.J319341.html?sc=J319...

As I've said on other threads, it helps if all of us try the same video to see if our results are the same.

~~~~~~

In general:  What browser are you using, and have you tried a different one?  I tried Firefox (v. 41.0.2 ) and Chrome (v. 46.0.2490.71).  Is your browser software up-to-date, and have you deleted cookies/cache/website data?

(eta:  I just tried and I also can view them on my iPad 3 and iPhone 5 - iOS v. 9.0.2.)

@dooBdoo I cannot view the link above. There is no video "box" showing up at all. It looks as if there never was a video option. Every single video has disappeared since last night. Everything is up to date. There is definitely some kind of glitch.

Honored Contributor

@Serendipity, I just posted this update on the other thread:

"I've been doing some trial-and-error.  I can view a video on Firefox but then it appears some sort of corrupted LSO (Flash) cookies are set with the first viewing -- and then subsequent videos don't work. 

I don't see this problem with Chrome or Safari.  (I never use IE or Edge, so I can't reference those.)

I'll add notifications for the support team in case they haven't seen these discussions.

@Community_Team, @Keyai, @Brittany-QVC"

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo Thanks. I have laptop Mac and OS 10.10.5 and Safari 9.0.

Honored Contributor

dooBdoo wrote:

terric wrote:

Here's one that I tried:

J319341

link:

~~~~~~

no, cannot see a video......there is no video box even on the product page. checked on firefox and IE.....laptop user.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am on a LePan tablet and see no option to view videos.  Tried the Carolyn Pollack link as well as some others. The box the video usually shows in doesn't appear. This is the Chrome browser.  Will try my laptop with Firefox later tonight.

Edited to add:  I do get videos on my Win 7 laptop using Firefox.  Strange how some devices get the videos and some do not.