Respected Contributor

Re: Another day of beauty.....Oh my!

It feels like a Tweak'd day. Every time I switch over to QVC there he is. Earlier this morning one of the model's after hairdo scared me. 😱

Respected Contributor

Tomorrow nice change....Now You're Cooking Day, all day 1/23.....

Trusted Contributor

@Suzy Q from PA : . Boring!🥱

Honored Contributor

I wear make up every day...but I am not a huge buyer of beauty products. I have my tried and true basics and that is all I use.  Once in a while I read about a product that I might like and order it.  I am not good at deciding what is best for my skin, such as which brand of VC is best for me, or or do I need a AHA or BHA.  Physical or chemical exfoliant...to me it is confusing.

When I have extra disposable income I spend it elsewhere, everyone is different so I am sure there are many that love the 2 day beauty shows.

Trusted Contributor

The beauty shows are just too phony to watch. All of the hosts and beauty vendors have had work done, but they tell you how their products will get rid of wrinkles and sagging. Don't even get me started on the guppy lips demos, lol
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

no mask???????  @Meowingkitty   No bueno

No mask mandate in Arizona. People could wear a mask now that its cooler but try wearing one when it's 110-120 degrees. 

Esteemed Contributor

I sure don't need anything..... why mess with perfection?
* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

They keep telling us we are beautiful as we are BUT we need this "clean" beauty potion/lotion/cream/serum/spray to help us look BEAUTIFUL again.  I've never been beautiful and never will.  The money I wasted on trying.  Growing up I used Ivory soap, baby shampoo, and cocoa butter.  Until I was in high school and started trying makeup and fancy shampoos, skin care, etc.  I will say Oil of Olay original pink bottle did moisturize my facial skin, but other than that I was always thought to be waaaaayyyyy younger than I was.  Guess I'm old and learned now and just tired of it all. 

@rms1954 Well, you're beautiful now. Beautiful to us Woman Happy.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Biftu wrote:

Since the pandemic I haven't worn anything but eye makeup.  Who's wearing full makeup under their mask, or maybe they don't wear one.  I'm not out and about like I used to be in any event.  My foundations, blushes, lip color, etc. is just wasting away in my cabinet.  Of course I still use my skin care products.  Kind of lost interest in beauty products for now.

@Biftu 

You NAILED IT! Beauty products used to be one of QVC's top selling categories, but with the pandemic and masks and people working from home beauty product sales declined due to their latest 3rd Quarter Financial Report released on 11/24/2021. So they must have an over abundance of inventory that hasn't sold....so I guess its lets try to sell some beauty products !!  Thank goodness NFL playoffs are on.....thats what Ill be watching....no QVC for me...dont care to watch any of the beauty shows....😴ZZZZZZZZ

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@pupwhipped wrote:

It feels like a Tweak'd day. Every time I switch over to QVC there he is. Earlier this morning one of the model's after hairdo scared me. 😱

@pupwhipped 

I happened to be flipping channels on my way to a movie channel and caught that QVC hairdo I know which one your talking about It looked like she was getting her Halloween costume ready!!!--it was scary
🤣🤣🤣
Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”