Esteemed Contributor

I enjoy Alberti as a host. He is knowledgeable about the product he is selling as well as being organized. I don't think he used nearly enough!

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@NYwoman wrote:

Have you noticed that the videos from Alberti's shows almost never show his presentations?    Hhhmmmm.....   Could be they only use the presentations that sell.

It's all about the sales.   If you like Alberti, instead of constantly posting these comments-------BUY from his shows.

I don't believe this statement about the videos is accurate.    Each time I've referred back to a presentation Alberti hosted I've found his video and not another host's.     I just checked again, looking at last night's Carolyn Pollack show, and the Jennifer Nettles bracelet video and several others I checked are Alberti's presentations.   This has been true, also, in the past when I wanted to look back at his presentations.   So I don't think that observation is true.    Also, Alberti's been with QVC for quite some time now and with the dollar being the bottom line I seriously doubt they keep their hosts if they don't sell the merchandise.

To the OP, I think Alberti does a great job, which is the reason we often see these complimentary threads and posts.   I know some of it is personal preference.    I like some hosts better than others, as do we all.   To my observation, he's a reflection of the hosting styles of the 1990s when I started watching QVC.   He's articulate, with a vocabulary that doesn't require so much repetition of the same adjectives; I don't hear such boisterous "carnival barker" decibels from him; and he doesn't spend lots of time on personal family stories or flights of fancy about grand foreign locations, aspirations of "high society," etc.    And he actually shows and describes details of products -- he tends to give the visual tour as well as a complete description.   With many hosts and vendors, I've noticed a trend away from this, to the point that a viewer comes away knowing all about the vendor/host's family, vacation, etc., but would have to access the website to know the basics about the item before purchasing.

I do agree that making purchases during a host presentation is a good way to support them, along with positive feedback here on the Community, Facebook, and other social media, and directly to QVC corporate.

@dooBdoo. The above poster has been making disparaging posts about Alberti for awhile, here and on his blogs,sometimes very subtle. Said poster also has some rather mean posts about Carolyn Gracie, here and on blogs. 

Dont mind people that that say a host is not their favorite, etc, but the nastiness is not needed.

Trusted Contributor

@culebra wrote:

Last night I could not sleep so I turned on QVC to a show that featured Carolyn Pollack and Alberti.  It was such an interesting show featuring Carolyn's beautiful southwest jewelry.  But what was even more enjoyable was Alberti.  Alberti was funny and charming and showed Carolyn's jewelry to perfection.  You could tell they were both enjoying their two hours together.  Alberti is a talented and accomplished host.  They should use him more in prime time.  He is great in all areas. As an example  I saw Alberti even once co host with Louis Dell Olio, who is also a great gentleman, and even did a great job showcasing Louis's lovely clothes.  QVC has a winner in Alberti!

I agree Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I have watched Alberti many times, when I have no intentions of purchasing anything. I just enjoy his presentations!