Esteemed Contributor

Re: Albany's leaving..........

Good luck to Albany!  I wonder if she'll end up working with Lisa R. since they appear to be good friends.  

Respected Contributor

I don't think Albany was "laid off". There are several hosts who have less seniority than her, & businesses usually go by seniority when starting cut-backs. I don't watch her, & not a fan, this is JMO.

Trusted Contributor

I loved Albany thought she was a great host she had 10 years of experience before QVC. She was extremely seasoned. Its very strange she didnt even get an exit for being there 8 years. Was she let go? Honestly why let her go and keep Sharon F and Gabrielle? Patti Reilly did get an exit as she had a sit down interview and final show. Lisa of course had the biggest exit her posh presents show which btw was highly rated. It was so big HSN counterprogrammed with Amy and Bobbie having a celebration lol. Again any network was threatened with LR prescense.
Esteemed Contributor

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

Albany is best friends with LR. She probably convinced her to leave that sinking ship. Maybe Lisa will hire her to be part of LR. Makes complete total sense. Considering LR is killing it in her new biz everything is selling out

Seriously??  The sinking ship is Lisa.  She is nowhere near "killing it".  She is grasping at straws, and that's been obvious for awhile.

But of course you had to get in another attempt to praise Lisa on these forums.

Honored Contributor

@NYC Susan wrote:

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

Albany is best friends with LR. She probably convinced her to leave that sinking ship. Maybe Lisa will hire her to be part of LR. Makes complete total sense. Considering LR is killing it in her new biz everything is selling out

Seriously??  The sinking ship is Lisa.  She is nowhere near "killing it".  She is grasping at straws, and that's been obvious for awhile.

And apparently you had to get in a swipe at her on these forums?

Honored Contributor

I am always amazed at all the speculation and assumptions people make about others lives and yet tend to post it as fact, as if you are in the know. Some of you could really write for soap operas with these stories you make up about other people's lives in which you honestly have no clue but think you do based on reading a FB page or blog.

Smiley Eating Chips Smiley Face, Emoticon

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HappyDaze wrote:

@NYC Susan wrote:

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

Just expressing my opinion!

It gets tiresome seeing this particular poster interject unrelenting praise for LR at every opportunity. I scroll on by most of the time, but I do have the right to express my point of view too.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

U realize now LR carried the network. The queen diva of electronic retailing. QVC never recovered from loss of LR. I keep thinking Albany is not the only one exiting the network.

Yep. That's exactly what Albany leaving means.  Lisa left 2 years ago, the network has gone completely downhill without her and now there will be a mass exodus of hosts since there's no more LR carrying the network.

I don't know how I didn't see that before.

I know how I missed this!  I never watched LR, so I have to be reminded on here that she is gone!  And thank you because I also did not know that LR leaving was how come they sell the same darned crummy items on every kitchen show!  LOL!!!  

See what you learn by reading this???? Y'all always keep me up to date on these matters! 

Honored Contributor

@NYC Susan wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@NYC Susan wrote:

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

Just expressing my opinion!

It gets tiresome seeing this particular poster interject unrelenting praise for LR at every opportunity. I scroll on by most of the time, but I do have the right to present my point of view too.

Oh I know nothing about the history of posters and LR threads but it just seems if you are calling someone out for constantly posting praising LR posts it would be ironic if you, in turn, constantly post bashing or negative LR posts in response, no? I am not saying you do, as I have no idea, but most of the time it tends to be the same people defending/praising LR as well as  the same people bashing or saying negative things about her.

Esteemed Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

When is Albany's last day? Or is she gone already? Was anything said on air at all? If no to all these questions then I'm guessing this happened rather quickly & there is probably some bad blood between her and management. What a shame!! Albany deserved better!!

I don't think any of us can determine that Albany deserved better without knowing the circumstances.  There may or may not be bad blood, the decision may or may not have been mutual.  She might have had good reason to leave on her own, or QVC might have had good reason to let her go.  We don't know any of this, and certainly not enough to jump to the conclusion that she was treated unfairly.