Honored Contributor

I was wondering why QVC's website always jumps and has for years and for me, no matter what I am using, phone, chrome, any browser and thought I wonder if it has to do with adding cookies, having enough time to do that everytime someone came on their website.

Well I looked it up and it said (close to what I was thinking) that web developers do that to load content of the page and then load ads and incentives etc.

So it is something they obviously are not wanting to change but have designed it that way purposely.

No other site I go to jumps like this one.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Valued Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

I was wondering why QVC's website always jumps and has for years and for me, no matter what I am using, phone, chrome, any browser and thought I wonder if it has to do with adding cookies, having enough time to do that everytime someone came on their website.

Well I looked it up and it said (close to what I was thinking) that web developers do that to load content of the page and then load ads and incentives etc.

So it is something they obviously are not wanting to change but have designed it that way purposely.

No other site I go to jumps like this one.

Thank you for your post. I thought it was my computer doing it. 

Respected Contributor

I have that same problem with CNN's web page.  It jumps all over the place.  I start to read an article  and the space fills up with an ad, I lose the spot I was reading.  Very annoying. 

Honored Contributor

@Winkk,

I used to be able to read cnn on my phone but a few months ago if I click on an article it goes black. I think they are making people download the app or something. I do have some other news channels that jump too now that I think about it.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

@on the bay  Thanks for that info.  I thought I was the only one who this happens to all of these years.  It's very annoying.  

Honored Contributor

@on the bay 

I use my Kindle, 2 desk tops and my phone to access QVC.

NO jumping for me...ever.

Weird

Respected Contributor
Thanks for the info. It is awful.
Honored Contributor

@RespectLife,

That is weird.

I guess you are in the fortunate minority.

This has been an ongoing complaint here for so many for years no matter what anyone was on.

I just was realizing why it won't change.

Honored Contributor

@on the bay   What do you mean by "jumps"? I do get annoyed that ANYTHING  I may check here, shows up on Pinterest and other sights...following me. Now, that's annoying.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus,

You are lucky too that you don't experience this-actually a complaint going back several years.

When you load the QVC website or click on anything, the screen-whatever you are using!, literally (yeah we hate that word😄) jumps several times so you have to wait til it stays stationary before you click on anything otherwise you end up where you didn't want to be!