Super Contributor

10 Days and Still In Process

A few of weeks ago, I ordered a  watch that was IN PROCESS for 5 days.  It seemed like more, but my order page said that it was shipped after five days.  I am used to slow delivery on the part of the US mail, but most items usually ship out for me in a couple of days.  I checked each day, and finially the watch shipped.

I then ordered a Dooney bag on clearance that was IN PROCESS for 10 days before shipping.  It finially arrived. 

Now, I ordered a sterling charm bracelet on October 3.  Today, October 10, ten days later it is STILL IN PROCESS.  What in the world?  Didn't QVC used to guarantee that items would be received in 7 -10 days?  How can that happen if it takes more than 10 days just to get it in the mail?  (11, 12, 13, Who knows?)

I fear that with the new lower charges, the QVC may have reduced its manpower to save money.  So many companies have done that, and its the customer service that suffers.  I would rather pay more for shipping if that is the case.  Their fast, great service was the biggest thing that has kept me coming back to QVC for so many years.  I hope that this is just a fluke.  Maybe there is a strange flu going around the company and is causing a delay in getting the orders out.  I hope that this is not a permanent situation. 

Contributor

Re: 10 Days and Still In Process

I bought a lunchtime special bracelet, and the oreder took seven days to process.  It then took an additional three days to arrive.  I too hope that this longer processing time for orders is temporary. 

Super Contributor

Re: 10 Days and Still In Process my 2 items too

I ordered 2 small jewlery items, pendign in process one is a ring from 9/29/15, other is a pendant from 10/7 why does it take so long to process

Super Contributor

Re: 10 Days and Still In Process my 2 items too

Then to top it off qvc already billed me for tiems not even shipped yet you  the 2 jewlery items above you ;think they can wait to bill you day it actually ships?you know the Auth. hold on your acct?

Last week I had to cancel n  Advance order for 12/7 then got billed for it called c/s no one could explain why I got billed in advance ? this happened on sept 30.for a item 12/7.

got so mad I cancelled 2 other items for nov & dec.

Trusted Contributor

I understand the frustration.  I used to be able to cancel items that sat a long time in process.  Now, customer service cannot/ will not cancel long "in process" orders, EDDs are often a joke, and I have begun calling and writing to complain.  

Trusted Contributor

@pugsmom wrote:

I bought a lunchtime special bracelet, and the oreder took seven days to process.  It then took an additional three days to arrive.  I too hope that this longer processing time for orders is temporary. 

I wonder if we bought the same bracelet.  I ordered a Jai John Hardy cuff that was an LTS on 09/29 and it didn't ship until 10/06.  I finally did receive it but that was the longest wait, to ship it out.  Must have been from the vendors warehouse.

Esteemed Contributor

Wonder how bad it's going to get for Christmas.....

Trusted Contributor

Hopefully most will realize they must order near the first of December to ensure delivery before Christmas. But you know there will be several "QVC ruined my Christmas" threads from people waiting till the last minute to order!

Frequent Contributor

I too was frustrated at the length of time an item spent in "in process" limbo.  I called customer service, sent emails, and did live chats.  All I got was a vague brushoff.  Finally, one rep explained that they have a warehouse in South Carolina and they were being impacted by the floods.  That makes sense, so I can be patient and stuff will get here when it gets here.

Valued Contributor

I ordered a ring on 10/3.  My E.D.D. was 10/13.  Today is 10/12 and they just finally shipped it.  I have never seen such slowness in the 8 years I have been shopping here.  Smiley Sad

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."