Esteemed Contributor

Re: need advice My Shadow being Put over the Rainbow today

@qvcaddition, my heart goes out to you.  It is so hard to lose our family pets.  Please know that where the pet rests is not what is important.  Your care and love during his life is the important thing.  Don't let this struggle be what you remember.  Let warm memories surround you.  I wish I was there to help you.❤️LM

Respected Contributor

I'm so sorry! This is never easy, but it's the most loving thing we can do. I had to send my Shadow to the Bridge several years ago and it was so hard, but she just wasn't herself anymore. Where your Shadow's BODY rests makes no difference to him. It's just a tired, worn out shell that he's glad to give up! He will be at the Rainbow Bridge, where all our pets who have gone before will greet him, and show him all the best places. I've said this to others---he'll be just fine till you get there, and what a joyous reunion that will be!

Honored Contributor

No matter what anyone tells you right now, it won't make you feel any better.  You are losing a family member despite doing everything you could to keep him.  You have my deepest sympathies. I am so very sorry.

But I hope you come back later, after the initial shock of losing your beloved friend, and read this thread.  I'm sure everyone will tell you not to feel guilty.

Do not feel guilty about not being able to save him or not being able to find out exactly what was wrong with him.  It was his time.  And he showed you that be not eating.  You absolutely did the right thing by letting him go so he wouldn't suffer any longer.  And you stayed with him and loved him until his end here on this earth.  That's what he will remember, and you should too.

And most of all, do not feel guilty about not being able to afford to bring him back home to be with your other animals.  You spent your money on the right thing with him--to care for him as long as possible while he was alive.  That was what was important.  I can fully understand you wanting to keep him with you in any way possible.  But you won't remember him any less than your other animals that are in your backyard, will you?  

He's in another place now and he has his young healthy body and spirit back.  And I fully believe that one day you both will be together again, along with all your other furry family members.  You gave him the best life you could, and I'm sure he would agree.

Esteemed Contributor

So sorry for what you and your Shadow are going through.  It is truly a horrible time in your life.

Perhaps you could call the local senior center.  Often high school kids will do various chores - at a cost, but not that much for the senior folks; or contact your local boy scout troop - often church sponsored if you're not sure.  Perhaps, someone would accommodate you in conjunction with earning a specific badge.  (Don't know where you live, but I'd dig it for you if you were nearby <MA>.)

Again, heartfelt sympathy, kisses and hugs being sent your way...Heart

Trusted Contributor

I am sorry for the loss of your four- pawed family member.  Your beloved boy had the best that you could have given him: love, care, and comfort.  I am sorry that no one could help you dig a hole for Shadow. I wish you lived near me.  I would have tried to help. I hope that your memories of Shadow, after a while, will help you smile. I also believe that you will be together again. (((Hugs)))

Respected Contributor

I'm so sorry for what you and your pet are going through.  I've had pets all my life and it is always very sad to lose one.  May you have peace knowing that you have given your pet a great life and lots of love.  Maybe there is another vet in your area who would charge less for the cremation.  Whatever you decide, please know that my thoughts are with you.  Take care.     

Honored Contributor

QVC...

Our hearts are with you and your beloved Shadow.  The important thing is to be with him and singing to him will help sooth his passage.  I am so sorry for your loss and know that we serve as your family/friends throughout this difficult time.  I wish that I could be there with you and your precious boy.  Much love and blessings for peace.

Valued Contributor

I will be praying for you both tonight.  Your Shadow was so lucky to have you to love and care for him, and I know he realizes that.  His purring shows that you are still in his heart, and always will be.

Honored Contributor

@qvcaddition I'm very sorry for what you're going through and that you're so troubled by this dilemma.  Please be reminded that you've done the most important thing every day your sweet Shadow has been with you, loving and caring for him.  That's what counts.  There is no guilt in you being limited in what you are able to do. 

Honored Contributor

@qvcaddition

Sending you a hug from all of us.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise