Respected Contributor

Your Favorite Nickname for Your Pet

[ Edited ]

I started a thread about this a long time ago, and we had a lot of fun sharing nicknames we give our pets!  I call my granddog "Fur Face"!

Honored Contributor

Re: Your Favorite Nickname for Your Pet

I call my kitty honey boo.  His real name is Ricky.

Frequent Contributor

Maggie is Mags, Maggie May or Girly Girl.....    Teddy is Teddy Bear or Buddy/Buddy Boy

Sheba is Sheebee 😍😍😍

Honored Contributor

My little blue persian who my DIL named Gray (for his gray-blue color).  He was a gift from her  and my son (her DH) for a milestone birthday.  Persian society misdocumented him Grady, so vet called him Grady.  Later, as he aged, he liked attention and would hop like a rabbit and we played a game where he would hop and I would try to catch him.  I began calling him Bunny.  

Called him that so long the dog would only recognize him as Bunny and Bunny is dead now, euthanized due to chronic, terminal illness and seizures with debility, but if I mention Bunny (even if I am talking about one of the grandchildren's Easter bunnies or a bunny rabbit on TV), our  dog perks up her ears and goes to the door.  She still recalls the Bunny left in the truck with her and DH and never returned.  Doggie and DH took Bunny for his final ride to the vet for euthenasia, which was normally for checkups and grooming. So,  Doggie was not aware this was Bunny's last ride.  Now each time, Doggie goes to vet for a check, she walks around sniffing and hunting for Bunny.  She goes toward the area where the cats are treated and tries to open the door.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Too many to count, and they change all the time.  I don't expect her to answer to any of them, however.

She had been at the shelter for some time before I adopted her, and she had a different name.  They said she never really responded to it, so once she was mine, we tried out different names and finally found one she liked.  All the assistants at the vet's office liked it, too, so that kind of "sealed the deal."  But the dog was consulted!

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Valued Contributor

Sami's is Sam Sam. Her "full" name is Sami Rae. 

Dixie's is Dix. Her "full" name is Dixie Joy. 

Blondie's is Pup Pup (My dad calls her Tiddlywinks). Her "full" name is Blondie Sue. 

Respected Contributor

I call my cat "Teaser the Meezer".  She is still kitten-like at the age of 12 and loves to fetch.  Her real name given to her by the shelter is Claudia.

Respected Contributor

My cat's name is Jasmine and her nickname is JassMookie. 

My dog's name is Brandy and I have so many nicknames for her - Scooby Jean is probably my favorite.  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

We have three dogs & three birds but the nickname that stands out the most belongs to our 100-lb border collie/lab mix, Cody.  We call him "The Tank" for two reasons ~ the first is obvious ~ he's big!  The second is my husband was a tank commander in the army and Cody loves his Dad so.....there it is!!!  :-)

Super Contributor

I don't know why, but I call my 50 lb Border Collie "Puss in Boots" all the time even though her name is Bella.  I guess it strikes a funny chord with me!