Valued Contributor

Well, look who's dropped by just to say "hay-woe!" *

[ Edited ]

* (Hey. I don't know how exactly a giraffe talks so get off my back. lol).

giraffe.jpg

When you're at the zoo or while safari-ing, what wild animal most fascinates you or holds your attention most?

Is there that one animal that you always just have to see when you go to a zoo...'else the experience is a bit of a bust?

And why do you think that animal most captivates you?

For me, I love the elephants. I think they always amaze me in their gentleness and affection for one another.

And I love to observe the zebras. The more you really study them, the less and less they resemble horses. Their hindquarters are almost bull-like.

But I always get suckered in by the giraffes. I wouldn't immediately think of myself a "giraffe person"...but I think I am. There is something almost zen about watching them. And they're graceful and gawky at the same time. And their ability to go from what looks to be such a tranquil, lazy munching state to amazing prowess of movement and speed in a flash is fascinating.

I do love me some am-nee-mals.

Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

Re: Well, look who's dropped by just to say "hay-woe!" *

Look at that face~!  I just think he's adorable..... thanks for sharing.  Woman LOL

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

You sound like my husband - I swear, if we ever win the lottery, he's going to have a giraffe farm, LOL!

BTW, did you know giraffe's tongues are blackish-blue so they don't get sunburned?  Learned that on a Disney Animal Kingdom tour.

Your picture is a cutie!

Denise
Esteemed Contributor

I love Giraffes!!!

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Elephants - "Phants" !

Because they are so big and so gentel and take good care of their babies.  They seem to really care for 'their' humans, and are SO smart.

But really, if it has 4 feet, or did at one time in it's life, I'm a sucker for it.

What a cute Giraffe!  Hay-woe back.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Hay - woe ???

Is that supposed to be giraffe baby talk?   LOL

Regular Contributor

Cute, cute, cute!  Thanks for the smile! Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just needed a breather (its been intense in some other threads - lol) and to get a pick me up from "my" giraffe.

Smiley Happy

Some people meditate.

I come and visit my smiling giraffe.

I recommend it to everyone.

There is just something about a smiling baby giraffe that one just can't deny.

I think I've found my new mantra "bay-beee gur-aaaaafe, bay-beeee gur-aaaaaafe..."

lol

Valued Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

Elephants - "Phants" !

Because they are so big and so gentel and take good care of their babies.  They seem to really care for 'their' humans, and are SO smart.

But really, if it has 4 feet, or did at one time in it's life, I'm a sucker for it.

What a cute Giraffe!  Hay-woe back.

Did you ever happen to see that documentary (could have been Discovery channel or Animal Planet) in which a baby elephant got mired in deep mud. The rest of his family or herd was trying to get him out. You could see how they were all quite upset and working together to help - to no avail.

So the documentary host or filmmaker - breaking that usual rule of not getting involved with the course of nature - used his Jeep to pull the baby elephant out of this mud which was just swallowing it up.

Of course, adult elephants - and a whole family of them - in the wild can be quite dangerous as they are so devoted and protective.

But they all backed away from the scene, allowing the guy to save their baby elephant.

And he did.

And they all gathered up the baby who stumbled a bit - caked in mud but otherwise okay.

I swear they all nodded a bit at the man as a thanks as they then went off making sure the baby was underfoot.

Even in the wild, sometimes animals innately sense when someone - even a crushable morsel like a human - is trying to help.

Valued Contributor

giraffe2.jpg