Respected Contributor

My dog Story had her surgery this morning to remove her nail and came through with flying colors.  I just picked her up, she's a bit groggy, her foot a bit sore, but she ate a little food and is now sleeping.  Her foot is bleeding a bit, but looks better than it did.  Sedona is happy to see her sister home and so is mama.  Would you believe vet did NOT charge me for my emergency visit Sunday?  I was so appreciative of that.   There are some good vets out there.  The vet assistant told me "she has just the prettiest face!"  Yes, she does.  Thank you all for your support during this time. 

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal I must have missed your previous post, but I have SUCH a soft spot for Greyhounds! 

Hope she's back to her old self soon!

Honored Contributor

So happy for you!  It's so sad when the "little" ones are hurt.

Valued Contributor

HURRAYYYYY!  Wonderful news, @hoosieroriginal!!

hope you both & her sister too all have a restful day & thatyour precious Story heals quickly.  🐾

Blowing out someone else's candle doesn't make yours brighter.
Trusted Contributor

@hoosieroriginal, I'm glad that everything turned out great.  That was sweet of your Vet, not charging you for the Sunday visit.  Now while Story and Sedona are resting, so should you.

Valued Contributor

Good to hear all is well with Story, @hoosieroriginal.  I was thinking about her outcome of the broken nail this morning, glad to know she came out of it with flying colors.

Respected Contributor

@mzlg wrote:

@hoosieroriginal, I'm glad that everything turned out great.  That was sweet of your Vet, not charging you for the Sunday visit.  Now while Story and Sedona are resting, so should you.

@mzlg - I slept on the living room floor next to her on her bedding last night listening to tornado reports all night - I think we all can use a good night's sleep, but think I'll sleep on the floor again so she's comfortable tonite in the living room. 

Honored Contributor

You are a really good mom to her.  I know she was comforted by your sleeping near her.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

@mzlg wrote:

@mzlg - I slept on the living room floor next to her on her bedding last night listening to tornado reports all night - I think we all can use a good night's sleep, but think I'll sleep on the floor again so she's comfortable tonite in the living room. 

Zow-woochie, @hoosieroriginal!  I didn't realize you were dealing w/tornado reports on top of Story's injury.  She would have been greatly comforted by having you near.  ❤️

wishing you all a very peaceful night!  💤

Blowing out someone else's candle doesn't make yours brighter.
Esteemed Contributor

Great news!  And vets like yours are worth their weight in gold.

Glad Story's home and getting spoiled rotten, as she deserves!