Valued Contributor

Update on Riley...

[ Edited ]

I got a phone call last night from er hospital about riley despite antibiotics  and anti inflammatory  meds Riley could now not hold up his tail as well as his spine.By some  chance of fate the dr last night wasnt scheduled to come in but did because the original dr had emergencies.He said he had an idea would call back  with  his opinion,  So for 2 hrs i sat petrified  thinking riley had a very progressive disease. Finally  a diagnosis, They went over riley for all that  time  and found a small engourged spotted tick in his under arm fold size  of a pin head. The dr explained  this has  been his second case in the year . Riley  had a fom of tick paralysis , which can cause death if  the tick is not  found. This  morning Riley was standing wagging his tail.Amen.They will keep him till  thursday for inervenous meds but expect him to fully recover  with no lasting effects . Thanks to all of you , prayers were heard somone was sent to us unexpectedly . Riley will   come home.My sweet Edward will  come home tommorow afternoon if he continues to do well.I am one happy  woman tonite.The power of love has never  been more clear to me, When we share our hearts much can be changed.Sending all my friends my heart and the biggest hug, thank you for this...Maryanne

Esteemed Contributor

@Keeper of the koi Amen, I have been praying and praying and sitting on pins and needles for an update, what wonderful news for Riley and for your family, {{{{{{{Family Hugs}}}}}} being sent!

Honored Contributor

Thank you for the update and explaining what happened.  You educated me today about another problem associated with ticks.

i am happy that your DH is feeling better too.  The power of prayer and love does work.

Take care of yourself and your happy family.

Esteemed Contributor

@Keeper of the koi, Maryanne, what wonderful news.  How very fortunate that the vet came back again.  It's so scary when these things happen to our pets.  I will pray for continued recovery.  All my best.  LM

Valued Contributor

Riley had lyme vaccine and tick oral meds every year, dr said some ticks are  able to infect a dog any way scary...It gave me false security...Maryanne 

Valued Contributor

Re: Update on Riley...

[ Edited ]

I like to think and i know this was a  lesson  in the power of prayer and connection, these are the ties that bind us all  in life, the power to love those  we cant see physically but our hearts see, restful sleep ahead.MaryAnne

Respected Contributor

@Keeper of the koi - I just called a friend whose dog had similar symptoms a few weeks ago - she found the dog by the water bowl that night not able to stand up - she thought he had a seizure - they couldn't find anything - dr. put on antibiotics - the dog is much better now but I have to wonder if not a similar experience.  So happy Riley is better! 

Valued Contributor

This experience  brought to mind the proverb about faith even the size of a musard seed.I have a charm with that on a bracelet with that tiny seed   ..., only hope saves  us..Maryanne 

Esteemed Contributor

Good Lord, I'm now just catching up on Riley's plight.  Ongoing prayers for you and beloved furry ones for rapid recovery and good health!  Heart

Valued Contributor

Re: Update on Riley...

[ Edited ]

In the middle of the night  my phone  recieved a message,one of  my brothers said he had heard we were  in the mist of some   problems.He told me ,we are 1/2Schaghticoke native  Indian , that he and his family built a fire and sent up  to those  who traveled  first ahead,hopes of restoration and peace.It was such a beautiful message of unity ...Much like the posters here ,  we are very much alike  , our prayers are sent  and they are heard...Love, Peace blessings ,Maryanne