Trusted Contributor

Update on Dresden....

[ Edited ]

I wanted to start a new thread and ask for your continued prayers for our coonhound, Dres.  The results of her last blood test showed some improvement.  Her levels went down by a couple of numbers, which is a big step in the right direction.  Yesterday was a great day, overall.  She isn't eating much but what I did feed her seemed to settle well as she didn't throw up in a couple of days.  Today is a bad day ~ I came home from errands to find her shivering.  She ate some, not much.  What she did eat she threw up ~ bad.  She loves to be out in the yard ~ so much so I can't get her to come back inside!  Last night she almost got a opossum out back (thank goodness she didn't).  I am scared, anxious, and so depressed.  I don't eat, all I want to do is sleep.  I really have no one to talk to about this.  I'm grateful for this forum ~ and grateful for all of you.  I know many of you have been in a similar situation.  Sometimes it helps to let it out ~ even from behind a computer screen.  

We have an appt at the vet's for tomorrow morning at 10:00.  Please pray for her.  All I want is for her to get better.  I can't imagine my life without her.  Thank you. 

Esteemed Contributor

I am praying for you and Dres and hoping for a good report from the vet.  Please know that we all care about you and are keeping you in our thoughts.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

Image result for pug praying images

Regular Contributor

Yes, it does help sometimes!  Sending prayers for Dresden and her family and also that the vet can find a solution to her condition.

Esteemed Contributor

Praying for you and Dres.  Lay down next to her, cuddle up and nap together.  IMHO, this is a good way to share each other's loving warmth and will strengthen and heal you both!

Think positive, don't give up on the power your love for each has - it will pull you both through this tough time.

Love and hugs from me and Eddy (woof, woof)HeartHeart

Honored Contributor

Prayers sentIMG_0535.JPG

Esteemed Contributor

Prayers going up for Dresden.  Dealing with kidney problems is like riding a rollercoaster.  we hope your vet can help dear Dresden's symptoms...please keep us posted and know we'll be with you in spirit tomorrow!

Esteemed Contributor

@Julie928  I will continue prayers for you and Dresden.  Please try to gain strength......eat and stay hydrated.  Try not to let Dres feel your sadness, distress, fright, over this.  Animals can tell when their people are upset.  It won't help her situation.  Try to be happy around her........I know it is hard......I did it for 6 months for my Quin.  Find ways to enjoy the time now, and just love on her.  That can sometimes be the best medicine.........for both of you!

Take care.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Super Contributor

Hi Julie92.  I will continue to pray for Dresden.  Try to get some rest! Just sleep with him by your side.  Stay positive! It sounds like you are certainly on top of this and there are lots of meds out there today to treat our furbabies.  Keep us updated!

Honored Contributor

Julie92 wrote:

I wanted to start a new thread and ask for your continued prayers for our coonhound, Dres.  The results of her last blood test showed some improvement.  Her levels went down by a couple of numbers, which is a big step in the right direction.  Yesterday was a great day, overall.  She isn't eating much but what I did feed her seemed to settle well as she didn't throw up in a couple of days.  Today is a bad day ~ I came home from errands to find her shivering.  She ate some, not much.  What she did eat she threw up ~ bad.  She loves to be out in the yard ~ so much so I can't get her to come back inside!  Last night she almost got a opossum out back (thank goodness she didn't).  I am scared, anxious, and so depressed.  I don't eat, all I want to do is sleep.  I really have no one to talk to about this.  I'm grateful for this forum ~ and grateful for all of you.  I know many of you have been in a similar situation.  Sometimes it helps to let it out ~ even from behind a computer screen.  

We have an appt at the vet's for tomorrow morning at 10:00.  Please pray for her.  All I want is for her to get better.  I can't imagine my life without her.  Thank you. 

Julie...

Even though all of us can't be with you and your precious girl in person...please find strength by knowing that we're with you in spirit.

Sending tons more very special healing prayers to beautiful Dresden and tons more very special Comfort Hugs to the both of you.

(((((HeartJULIE & DRESDENHeart)))))

--------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=