Respected Contributor

I decided to follow-up on Buddy's condition (to my other post "Help With Elderly Dog") with a new post.  The comment posted by the other person about her dog was just too upsetting for me.  It was too graphic and when I read it I felt like someone punched me in the stomach.  

So thank you all for your continued thoughts and concerns.  Buddy is doing somewhat better.  They increased the medication he was on becuase originally it was too low of a dosage for his size.  I think I've gotten him on a good regimine.  He takes the pills in the morning and at night.  He is sleeping more but is getting rest.  He's not as anxious and he seems more calm.  He's eating well and doing his business OK.  I realize at some point he will start to decline.  I won't let him get to a point where he is suffering, but I just don't think it's time yet.  I'm not being selfish.  I am very aware of his every move and watch him closely for any changes.  He still stays close to me at all times. 

Again, thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.   

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Esteemed Contributor

@Karnerblue

You are a wonderful soul and I would do and feel as you.  (I was unable to read all the posts, finding the subject too hurtful.)  You're doing what Buddy wants you to do and more!  He's got your love and that sense of very special love for him will help him heal.  He's basking in your love and care, being happy until God calls him.  But until then, enjoy your time together for you've been both given a very special gift from God, the special love between a mommy and her furry baby.  Enjoy and make the most of each day, remembering you are the whole world to him!HeartHeart

Honored Contributor

Re: Update on Buddy

[ Edited ]

Hi Karnerblue,

Thank you for starting a new thread, and I am very glad to read that your Buddy is doing well, and yes, of course you are the one to monitor and know his condition. I am in a similiar place right now with my 16 year old cat. 

I am sorry your other thread got so off track, and hopefully this one will not do that. I could not read through all those posts either. 

Enjoy your weekend with your Buddy. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Tissyanne  prayers for your furrybaby...

Honored Contributor

Karnerblue ... Thank you for your update on Buddy.  I'm pleased to hear he is doing better with the adjusted medicine regimen and that you are enjoying your time together.  Please come back and post updates as you are able.  (((((Hugs))))) as you continue to spend quality time with your best bud, whether it is (hopefully) long-term or short-term.  Blessings.  Heart

I'm sorry about your other thread and had an idea it caused a lot of upset for you especially considering Buddy's health status.  Her posts were upsetting to all of us since we've all traveled that journey with our own pets.  It's so hard to lose a beloved pet and the grief we share has no limit. 

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

Karner, I'm happy that Buddy has stabilized and that he is getting more rest. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Re: Update on Buddy

[ Edited ]

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.  You are all very special to me.  At some point I will think back to this time and I know I will feel peace remembering your were all here with me and that you walked through this with me and my Bud. 

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Esteemed Contributor

Karnerblue,

So happy to read this update about your Buddy.  It sounds like you have a handle on the situation and that you aren't fooling yourself about what the future holds, whenever that may be.  Let's pray that day is a LONG way away. 

Thanks for writing to us!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Yahoo -- I had a good feeling about Buddy!  You're doing a tremendous job with his care and envision the two of you having deep-dish  snuggles as well as the Buddy-approved  ice cream treat -- it's "medicinal."  Smiley Happy

We pray for you both every day and we're here in tough times and good times, too.  It helps to know that when you're riding this kind of rollercoaster, you're riding it with friends who understand.

Trusted Contributor

So glad that Buddy has stabilized and is feeling better.    Make memories.    Enjoy this precious time together.   Listen to his body language and communicate with the vet.    We, who have walked in your shoes, are beside you, in spirit and with prayer.     {{{{{{ Karnerblue and Buddy }}}}}}