Frequent Contributor

UpDate on little Riley...

[ Edited ]

Just got back from consult with vet group. They feel as though the loose tooth is not the cause of pan but the pain could be from his jaw or neck.They can only get an xray by sedating him so  instead  , because he was eating  and sleeping OK, felt we should wait 2 weeks treat him with rimadal? Spelling? And start antibiotics for tooth removal in a few weeks. They also did a frucosamine  test to check sugar history and his yearly panel , heartworm test and 2 shots! Hopefully he will improve  as his pain heals. I worry about him so. He was scheduled with our groomer for trimming but they felt he should not be standing with his neck  up  for an extended time just to be on the safe side, but, I was so happy  one tech was the former groomer , they don't groom in their office anymore, wanted to trim his face  so he would be able  to get his dental visit later ,he looks so cute!  He had his pills and is sleeping now.I hope he is more comfortable . My poor little baby.... Sorry this is long, wanted to fill everyone in  Have a wonderful Thanksgiving  ,I am grateful to everyone who  held us up in prayer, maryanne

Honored Contributor

Re: UpDate on little Riley...

Maryanne, I was hoping the tooth was going to be the source of the pain.  Will they do x-rays when they remove his tooth to see if his jaw is the source of the pain (if he's still acting like he's in pain)?  I'll continue to keep him in my prayers.  I'll bet the rimadyl will help a lot.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

Poor Riley. I am glad that he is sleeping and eating.  And fingers crossed that his pain will subside. I hope that he does not have anything that will require more than what is currently planned in a few weeks.  I have said an extra prayer for Riley today.

Trusted Contributor

Praying that whatever is causing Rileys distress is something simple and can be treated easily.

Respected Contributor

I too will keep Riley in my prayers and hope they find what is causing his pain. I know how you feel, helpless, but am sure Riley knows you are doing everything you can to help.

Please keep us updated and will continue to  keep him in prayers and thoughts.

have a nice Thanksgiving, hard I know.

Trusted Contributor

Any updates on Riley?  How's he doing?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I hope your dog gets better, keeper of the koi.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for remembering Riley! He is doing very well ! Minimal discomfort headed to vet Friday than to eye Dr for pressure check routine. I can't believe his sight was restored 2 years ago   last week! Been having trouble signing in  to my account, back to new contributer! It's still me. Riley now has a partner in his insulin shots, my husband now is recivingng  shots as well. Got to line up my boys for meds! Thanks again, you are all very sweet. Maryanne and little Riley.

Respected Contributor

thanks for the update, very happy to hear good news. I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season. I know     getting good news always helps.

Valued Contributor

Thank you so much doglover 3, yes we are very happy Riley is well. He is now sleeping with his head on his fuzzy candy cane dog toy. So sweet I nearly cry. My husband Edward is very thankful as well. He is our precious little Son! Sending puppy kisses and warm kitty wishes for a wonderful holiday season ! Enjoy sweet one!   Maryanne  and Riley