Honored Contributor

Tipping a Mobile Groomer

[ Edited ]

I am going to have a local mobile groomer come out  to my home and bathe and groom my new dog.  They have a stellar feed back locally and have a huge van that they use to do all the bathing, drying and grooming in.   It will cost  approximetly $100.  He is about 80 pounds.  What would you see as a fair tip for this service?   

Honored Contributor

Re: Tipping a Mobile Groomer

I would tip 20% to the mobile groomer.

Super Contributor

I tip my mobile groomer 20%, my little fur baby weighs about 7 pounds..the charge is $75 before tip. Love the groomer..does an amazing job on my little girl....she loves them as well.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would tip them according to the amount you tip for any other service, dining, etc., in my case I tip 20% across the board (for good service).

ETA: I do not tip my mobile vet, he won't allow it (and seemed insulted by the offer).

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

Yikes! I've never thought I should tip my mobile groomer. Guess I've got a lot of making up to do!  I'm definitely a tipper but this just never occurred to me. 

Honored Contributor

i always tip 20%......mobile, at the vet, or at the groomers. 15% if i am not so satisfied with the job.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 I never realized that there are so many people to tip.I am always uncomfortable now wondering who is expecting how much from me. We had furniture delivered and I didn't tip...should I have.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@sunshine45 I never realized that there are so many people to tip.I am always uncomfortable now wondering who is expecting how much from me. We had furniture delivered and I didn't tip...should I have.

@dex

i think most people do what they feel is right. i always tip furniture delivery people and offer them cold drinks. there are always BIG DEBATES about this on these forums. i dont care what others do......tip or not tip. i tip when i feel it is deserved or warranted, especially in the service industry. i dont tell other people how or what to tip......and they shouldnt tell me either.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 Okay thanks that is good advice but if others are setting a precedent,then those people that I didn't tip might think I was not pleased with their work....I always overthink these things I know. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I never tipped on reg monthly  grooming but I always tipped on Christmas