Honored Contributor

My husband just found little Jade already in on the bed, for their afternoon nap. (The bed's hers now, I guess, LOL) She goes to bed at night with me.

Super Contributor

That is so true! Sometimes, when I have nowhere to go, I leave my pjs on all day!  I do this more in the winter! My furbabies don't ask to go pee- I always need to remind them! LOL!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I have a fenced-in yard off the back door.  My Jade would always knock when she was ready to come in.  My Eddy,waits on the steps and if I don't realize he wants in, he'll give me a woof-woof.

At first I thought perhaps I had wasted money on a fence but I can tell you it's proven to be a worthwhile investment - it 's a payback morning, noon and nite!  Highly recommend - and, furbabies love it!  Even the dog across the street would  "run away from home" and would wait to be let in!!!!

Trusted Contributor

Dog/cat doors do not always work in the country.  My DIL went out into their attached garage to be greeted by a possum.  He had let himself in by the cat door.    Right now I have 3 raccoons and a possum who occasionally come up on my porch looking for food.  During these extreme cold days I have had up to 15 feral cats for meals AM and PM.   I watch and keep the porch light on so I can bring the dishes in when they are done.  I guess the uninvited quests can still smell the food.  

The past 2 nights I have been jarred awake by a very strong smell.  I go out to check but don't find anything.  I hope it is a skunk and not a hunting fox.  Last spring a gray fox chased a cat who came running to the porch for protection.   The scream of a fox will send chills up your spine.   I went to the door because I heard the scream and was able to holler at him.  That time it worked and the cat was ok.  Living in the country critter doors often are not a good idea. Fences can protect our furbabies from cars, people, and roaming out of our yard but they don't keep hunting animals out as they can go over or dig under a fence.

Esteemed Contributor

@MercysMom  Is that a picture of Mercy??  She is beautiful!!  I am sure you really don't mind taking her out........Smiley Happy

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Super Contributor

@tends2dogs

No, that's not her, but she's just as cute! And she's getting so big. You are right. I never mind taking her out. Even when it's pouring down rain, lightening and thundering like it was here at 5:30 am this morning!

While I breathe, I hope - - South Carolina
New Contributor

my lexi does this to me every morningggg!  ahhhhhhh!