Honored Contributor

MercysMom wrote:

Image may contain: dog and text

Love this!

I can't relate to it because I have five kittehs who stay inside 24/7 and who thankfully don't have to be walked. However I do have to scoop their sandboxes at least twice a day! Cat LOL

------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Super Contributor

@goldensrbest

Yes we are. I'd sleep outside with her if she needed me to.

While I breathe, I hope - - South Carolina
Super Contributor

@pattypeep

I know what you mean. If something gets Mercy's attention, her potty break is put on hold. Mainly the outside cats. If she sees one, the chase is on, pulling me behind as fast as she can. The other night a plane flew over. We don't get lots of air traffic where I live. That was it. She watched it, turning her head as it flew over. Potty train of thought lost. We had to go back in and come out later. 

While I breathe, I hope - - South Carolina
Honored Contributor

Boy, I've lived that one!   But, when you've gotta go, you've gotta go!   Woman LOL

These days, it's SO much easier to just scoop Bogey's litterbox twice a day.   whew!

Honored Contributor

@MercysMom wrote:

@pattypeep

I know what you mean. If something gets Mercy's attention, her potty break is put on hold. Mainly the outside cats. If she sees one, the chase is on, pulling me behind as fast as she can. The other night a plane flew over. We don't get lots of air traffic where I live. That was it. She watched it, turning her head as it flew over. Potty train of thought lost. We had to go back in and come out later. 

@MercysMom

Isn't it funny that even though she has a kitty sibling, outside cats look "different"  in her mind.  Woman Wink

Valued Contributor

And God created weevwee pads !

Honored Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

@MercysMom wrote:

@pattypeep

@MercysMom

Isn't it funny that even though she has a kitty sibling, outside cats look "different"  in her mind.  Woman Wink

@feline groovy  That is so true.   Dogs and cats can get along great and be the best of friends inside.   When the cat gets out,  it becomes prey and is an intruder into dog's territory. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor
@Kachina624 wrote:

@feline groovy wrote:

@MercysMom wrote:

@pattypeep

@MercysMom

@feline groovy  That is so true.   Dogs and cats can get along great and be the best of friends inside.   When the cat gets out,  it becomes prey and is an intruder into dog's territory

@Kachina624

Agree; I've experienced it myself and it's so cute.

Yep, the canine "chase!" instinct is quite a drive, just like the feline "staaalk" is.

Honored Contributor

@Vivian As a fellow beagle lover, fake her out! Start making that last walk 10-15 min. later and increasing it to the hour when she starts to bark. See if her timing for "potty" is off or she really just wants attention. Going out to pee can't be ignored, but if you don't want her in your bed, the barking has to be ignored...tough as it is.

BTW, there's no such thing as a beagle in your bed for just one night. By morning, it's their bed, too.

Honored Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

@MercysMom wrote:

@pattypeep

@MercysMom

I'm glad to know that my dog isn't the only one that chases her brother cat when he's outside!  She thinks it's the greatest game ever.  Needless to say, the cat does not share her opinion!