Esteemed Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

[ Edited ]

Wednesday report:  Hi Friends, the battle anniversary has begun.  In addition to being a writer, I'm a historian here at our national park, so Beastielove, when you're ready to visit, I'll personally give you a tour.  Here's the link to our national park website that tells you a little bit about us and this sacred ground:   BATTLEFIELD.

It was busy today with families and horses and pets and re-enactors.  I'm glad that Tissyanne and Shop and others, you enjoyed the photo of Schmoo in yesterday's report "shutting it all out" with his special "re-enactment noise deflection technique."

Even though it bugged him a bit, he knew that all battles end. Then he could let his fur down and relax, as in the photo below.  He's snoozing in his carpet fort in the sun while next to an open window ... and the only thing he can hear, blissfully, are the bees buzzing about his garden.  I call this photo "Ahhhhhhhh:"

Schmoo after the cannons.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Such a sweet picture of your snoozing boy.

Shop so glad the boys are doing well and Anna I feel like you,hate the new forum and I get so confused.

beastie thatns for thinking of em and Cookie. Cook is doing ok,me not so well. Its 4 month now and they can't get rid of my rash and welts but like Mr Schmoo did I get up and do my thing no matter how I feel or may look these days,lol.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Regular Contributor

Wow.  This is my first time checking in since they changed the forums!  Not sure if I'm even 'replying' in the right place!  LOL!!  Why do they have to mess with something that was working fine, anyway?  Sheesh!!

Hope all of you have a fantastic holiday weekend.  My life is still on the chaotic side, but I am taking a few days off work to try and get caught up on some stuff around my home and yard.  Radar and Gracie are currently doing well, and I'm hoping they stay that way!

Since I'm just trying out the Forum this morning, I haven't had a chance to go back and read posts, but hopefully before I return to work on Tuesday, I will get to spend some time browsing and seeing how everyone and their wonderful furbabies are doing!

Love to all of you!!

Honored Contributor

Schmoo after the cannons.jpg

Sammycat...Thank you so much for the link! I did click on it and found the site so interesting. I even signed up to get e-mails from the National Park Service and liked their FB page too! I became interested in learning more about the American Civil War when I was 11 years old and read The Day Lincoln Was Shot for the first time. I've also watched Ken Burns' facinating documentary The Civil War on PBS more than once.

beauty... So sorry to learn that you're still in so much physical pain. I wish that hundreds of miles didn't seperate us so that I could come by and help you out.

Street... So glad that you found us in the heinous mess!The Q did all of us who have posted on the boards for years a great disservice. Aside from the fact that they destroyed countless much loved threads (including the original Schmoo thread) the worst of it is that we lost so many dear friends in the process.

Sending more special prayers to all of the precious furbabies and homeless animals who are still in need.

--------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Trusted Contributor

I love that picture of the Precious Schmoo happy and dozing in his fort by the window.  I wish sometimes for the life of a furbaby, just snooze away  the day in the cool breeze by the window Smiley Happy

Hoping everyone has a wonderful Hoiday weekend!  BJ- continued prayers being sent your way, things just have to turn the corner very, very soon!  Hugs to all in the clan, stay safe and Be Blessed!

Esteemed Contributor

Thursday report:  Good to hear from everyone, especially our beloved Streetangel -- and good to know all are well in her neck of the woods!

Today I was working on the early antics of Schmoo when he first joined our family, including his favorite toys.  SophSoph had her faves, too, though -- and one that was considered her No. 1 of all time:  the supersized, flannel-lined, crinkly cat tunnel.

This made the Big Dig in Boston look like a minor construction project.  About 6 cats could fit in this thing at one time, but it was her lair, and her lair alone.  Oh, she'd let Sammy or Schmoo traipse through it occasionally, but when she had to do some deep cat thinking, she'd bound in, lay down and think those great feline thoughts.

Sometimes she lay outside of it -- a warning to any and all comers that things wouldn't end well if they dared enter her tunnel without permission:

Schmoo Soph cat tunnel.jpg

Honored Contributor

Schmoo Beastie.jpg

Me and my patriotic kittehs...Tabitha,Samantha,Olivia,Henry and Jack...want to wish Sammycat,DH,KS,and The Mighty Clan,a very Happy Fur-th of July Holiday Week-end! :-)

If any of you will be traveling I hope that you get to your destinations and back home again safe and sound. :-)

Sending more special prayers to all of the precious furbabies and homeless animals who are still in need.

-------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Esteemed Contributor

Friday report:  Just last night DH and I were reminiscing about the pets' dining habits ... and we were at odds at when Schmoo began "booby-trapping" his bowls with various toys and other things he could drag to "hide" the food or water in order to keep Sophie at bay. 

I've only taken about a dozen or more photos of his architectural creations over the years, which he built to keep Sophie out of "his" bowls.  Of course they both had feeding and water stations, so know one was left out, but the Schmoo, well, he was a territorial little panther.

DH thought this started when Schmoo got heart failure, and I said, no, I thought it was after he dental problems.  Well Frank Lloyd Schmoo actually fooled us both -- because he started his 8th Wonder of the World shortly after he joined our family.

Here is an early masterpiece, vintage 2007.  It might work for you this holiday weekend if someone's trying to pinch your potato salad or watermelon:

Schmoo booby trap 1.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1 wrote:

Thursday report:  Good to hear from everyone, especially our beloved Streetangel -- and good to know all are well in her neck of the woods!

Today I was working on the early antics of Schmoo when he first joined our family, including his favorite toys.  SophSoph had her faves, too, though -- and one that was considered her No. 1 of all time:  the supersized, flannel-lined, crinkly cat tunnel.

This made the Big Dig in Boston look like a minor construction project.  About 6 cats could fit in this thing at one time, but it was her lair, and her lair alone.  Oh, she'd let Sammy or Schmoo traipse through it occasionally, but when she had to do some deep cat thinking, she'd bound in, lay down and think those great feline thoughts.

Sometimes she lay outside of it -- a warning to any and all comers that things wouldn't end well if they dared enter her tunnel without permission:

Schmoo Soph cat tunnel.jpg

Well, Miss  Sophie looks like a force to be reckoned with. I for one, would walk lightly here. Thanks for the smile. 

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1 wrote:

Friday report:  Just last night DH and I were reminiscing about the pets' dining habits ... and we were at odds at when Schmoo began "booby-trapping" his bowls with various toys and other things he could drag to "hide" the food or water in order to keep Sophie at bay. 

I've only taken about a dozen or more photos of his architectural creations over the years, which he built to keep Sophie out of "his" bowls.  Of course they both had feeding and water stations, so know one was left out, but the Schmoo, well, he was a territorial little panther.

DH thought this started when Schmoo got heart failure, and I said, no, I thought it was after he dental problems.  Well Frank Lloyd Schmoo actually fooled us both -- because he started his 8th Wonder of the World shortly after he joined our family.

Here is an early masterpiece, vintage 2007.  It might work for you this holiday weekend if someone's trying to pinch your potato salad or watermelon:

Schmoo booby trap 1.jpg

This makes me happy to look at. What a guy, what a kitty! Priceless memories.