Trusted Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

Hi Dear Friends,  I hope everyone had a nice weekend.  Praying Kitty Sitter has a wonderful visit and I know Chub Chub will be so happy  to see his Mom home very soon.  BJ, Praying your feeling stronger each day.  Joey and Jake had a good weekend. and my Mom is doing ok as well.  She will be heading back to the oncologist for a four month chekcup in August and hopefully the CLL is being quiet, we pray!  Have a Blessed week friends ((Hugs))

Honored Contributor

Good early afternoon, I am happy that Chubby is doing okay, and it sounds like Kitty Sitter is enjoying her visit. The photo of Sophie is so pretty. She was posing just for the moment looks like. Maybe in between her naps. 😀 As always, I enjoy photos of this angel. 💟

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1 wrote:

Saturday report:   Hope everyone's weather isn't as wacky as ours...we're working on several inches of rain and it's still coming.  Our sump pump is kicking on every 15 seconds or so, but at least water isn't getting into the house!

It's the kind of day that keeps you indoors, curled up in cozy, comfy blankies in "snuggle mode."  Schmoo mastered this state, as he is in the photo below preparing to go into the mode -- and he could do it in all four seasons. But first, he'd puff out his fur to create the perfect snuggle mode nest.  It's better than an extra blanket:

Schmoo fuzzy name.jpg

Love this photo. Mr. Schmoo getting fluffed for a wonderful nap time. 💖

Esteemed Contributor

Monday report:  Happy Monday to all!  Chubby continues to do well with his West Coast kitty sitter.  The Original Kitty Sitter is heading to our east coast beaches to visit with some friends in Delaware, then she'll make one last pit stop here on her way back to California early next week.  She had booked this trip long before she adopted Chubby and has been worried sick that he'd be OK, but he talks to her every day on the phone and is eating and sleeping well.

(Her West Coast kitty sitter, by the way, is the same one who helped her care for her Kiki-Girl, who died last July of lymphoma.  This lady stayed with Kiki during the day while the Kitty Sitter was at work. She is very loyal.)

Speaking of loyalty, on to today's Schmoo Tale, one involving his sister SophSoph.  When Schmoo's health went seriously south at the end of November 2010, Soph panicked but did not shy away from him. It was weeks before he was diagnosed because his symptoms appeared, then disappeared, then re-emerged, then changed.  All the way he was declining, slipping away from us.

And all the way his "Me Too" sister Soph stayed with him. She was exhausted by the time the photo below was taken, the day after he was diagnosed with biventricular heart failure. She never, ever left his side during the early part of his ordeal, refusing to be out of his sight, 24/7, until his health stabilized a little -- which was more than a month later.

Loyalty has many faces.  This is one:

Schmoo stick like glue.jpg 

Trusted Contributor

Shop glad that your mom is feeling ok,always keep he rin my prayers and your boys too. I am feeling much better finally and hope to stay that way,thank you so much.

Sammycat this photo is such a beautiful picture of two gorgoeus amazing kitty's. I picture them like that on a cloud,just as serene.

I hope Kitty Sitter has a nice trip and glad Chubby is doing well with his Kitty Sitter.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Sammy, finally found your thread in this hot mess which is our new QVC format.... I hope you and your husband and family are well. Have a nice July 4th weekend. Anna [aka apple1964] PS Libby,: Steve and Tanya say hello and our awersome foursome say woof.Woman Wink

Esteemed Contributor

Tuesday report:  It's great to hear from Shop and know that the boy pups are doing well as well as her Mom ... and from Anna and and her entire family, including Libby, Tanya and Steve.  Even though the new forum can be a challenge, it has not broken our bonds.

It's the eve of the great battle of Gettysburg here, fought July 1-3, 152 years ago. Visitors are swarming our town, but because we've had so much rain, the re-enactments have been postponed because the ground is too soggy.  Which leads to today's Schmoo Tale.

Those re-enactments meant the relentless boom of cannon and rifle fire, and unlike most quaint re-enactments in many towns, ours is the largest and the loudest. (They bring bleachers into ours so everyone can see, like a football game!)  To Schmoo and Soph, they were the loudest noise they heard. Initially, they needed fans, televisions and white noise machines turned up to drown out the scary noise ... but over time, they got more acclimated to it.

The best solution?  A darkened room, a sound machine playing ocean noises, and a comfy blankie to escape into ... as in the photo below.  He's like a shark sleeping near the bottom of the ocean, eyes open and aware, but trying to shut out the reality of his noisy environment:

Schmoo patriotic.jpg

Honored Contributor

Schmoo patriotic.jpg

Wednesday Morning Greetings :-)

Sammycat... I've always wanted to go to Gettysburg and watch the reneactments of the battles ( especially Picket's doomed/infamous Charge)that took place there,to visit the town itself,etc. but as of yet have not been able to do so. If I recall correctly... a few years ago, didn't you post some kind of a link to the battlefield on the now "lost"  and beloved original Schmoo thread?

Shop... So happy that your boys and your mom are doing well.

Anna/apple... Welcome back dear friend!

beauty... Hoping that you and Cookie are both feline much better today. 

Continuing to send more special prayers to all of the precious furbabies and homeless animals who are still in need.

---------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Trusted Contributor

Sammy I can only image what it must sound like to hear those cannon balls blast away.  I have never been to anything like that, but I am sure it is alot of fun and very informative.  Hope you guys are making it through the soggy weather.  We have been dry for the last couple of days which is nice, but the summer heat is finally making an appearance.  Have a blessed day friends (hugs)

Honored Contributor

I laughed at the latest pose of our Schmoo boy. He has all the area around him on his radar. What happiness they bring into our lives. Sammycat, you are bringing lots of joy by sharing your fur babies photos, and stories about these furry blessings.💕💕💕