Trusted Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

Hi Dear Friends, Goodness sakes so much is on going on Friends, I pray everyone is doing a bit better today.

Mom Update, The appointment was less than stellar.  Her blood counts not only did not go up, but several important values went down.  This is not good.  We are about 10 weeks out of chemo and she should be in an up swing by not, but it isnt happening.  She also has had 3 sinus infections since December, which she never suffered from before, which is very good becasue normally people with this cancer CLL deal with a ton of infections. They perfomed a test to check her IVG levels and if that comes back to low, she will start a monthly IVG infusion to try and bring the levels back up.  That comes with some rough side effects.  Dr. G. also mentioned if he does not see some improvement next month, he will perform another  bone marrow biopsy to make sure the cancer has not transformed into another kind of cancer.  That is a horrific test, Mom and I both cried on the way home from the hospital, these are the appointments you dont want to start having.  But we vowed to be stronger today, and pray the coming days are better..

(Hugs dear Friends, and as always, Please keep praying for my fighter Mom. )

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

newtoallthis wrote:

Dear Beastie, I want to add my prayers for your dear Tabitha. I lost my beloved Mr. Tibbs a year ago today. I, too, kept telling him, "just make it until Spring, my beloved boy. Don't let me have to bury you in the cold of January and February."  I lost my dear Trixie in the month of December(2013) and my sweet Thomas in the month of November (2014).  Mr. Tibbs was laid to rest on a beautiful spring day when both the redbud trees and the dogwood trees were in full bloom at the cemetary. My heart goes out to you and Tabitha.

Hello to all the Schmoo Family.

((((((HeartNEWTOALLTHISHeart))))))

--------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Honored Contributor

@Shop Till you Drop, I am lifting your Mom, and you up in prayer, as both of you face the fight of your lives. Praying for strength, hope, better tomorrows, and most of all better blood counts, and better test results. I know you will keep us updated. God Bless. 

72e9f14309ee19958468aeca5544bce8.jpg

Respected Contributor

Oh Shop, I am so sorry to hear this news, I will double up the prayers for your poor Mom!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Friday report:  Forgive the old Mama of Schmoo for being tardy in responding to so many posts.  We had to take Fay Wray in to the doctor, as the antiviral med not only failed, but she got worse.  She is scheduled for the operation to get a culture from her lungs, wash out her sinuses, examine her teeth and get X-rays of her head. She's lost some weight but she is with us.  This will be next Thursday.

Frankie goes in Tuesday night for a test searching for toxoplasmosis, which may be the source of her tremors.

@Tissyanne   thanks for reminding us to keep the Schmoo fighting spirit.  It was a solemn note from @newtoallthis  about the 1-year anniversary of her loss of the beloved Mr. Tibbs.  If it's anything like the 1st anniversary of the loss of our Schmoo, it came too fast.  We remember all the delightful reports about Tibbs and he always lives in our hearts.

@Shop Till you Drop  my dear friend, I could read the anguish and heartbreak in your words about your beloved Mom.  Your Mom has fought and fought with such spirit and endured so much with unbelievable grace; she is an inspiration to me.  Remember:  where there is heartbreak, there is heart--and in that, your Mom is filled to the brim and more.

She truly is a fighter Mom in the same tradition of our fighter kitty, who always swung for the fences. We're redoubling our prayers for her and for you--for where there is love, there is faith; where there is hope, there is strength, all mirrored right back to you--as below, in Schmoo's reflection in the window:

Daytime reflection in window.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Friday report:  Well I wrote an entire report and somehow it was here--and then it wasn't, so I'll start over.

I have a Fay Wray and Frankie report but will do it over the weekend. We had to take one to the vet Thursday night and will go back again next week with both of them.

@Tissyanne

Thanks for the reminder we need to hold to our Schmoo spirit.

@newtoallthis

I can't believe it's been a year since Mr. Tibbs left us.  Those 1st anniversaries are so hard; all of them are. It was delightful to hear about him and he'll always live in our hearts.

@Shop Till you Drop

My dear friend, I read anguish in your recent words.  Your Mom has endured so much, but she indeed has done so with spirit and grace--she is an inspiration to me. We have redoubled our prayers for you both.  Remember:  where there is heartbreak, there is heart.  Where there is love, there is hope; where there is faith, there is strength.

She is a fighter Mom in the mold of our fighter kitty--and that kind of spirit is always mirrored back to you, always, as was Schmoo's radiant reflection in the window below:

Trusted Contributor

Thank you for those words Sammy, they touched deeply in my heart.  I took a picture of the screen to keep it close when I need to hear those words again. That picture of Schmoo is the most touching of any you have shared. Thank you all Dear Friends for your prayers.

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone. We have had company these past few days,inlaws from NJ are here so I haven't had a chance to post.

Shop I am so saddend to hear whats going on with your Mom. LIke eveyrone else I am praying for her and for you. She has been through so much and it breaks my heart that the Dr didn't have better news. 

Sammycat I hope your ankle is doing better and you won't need surgery. Ankle surgery is rough,my sister still has pain and it will be a year in July.

I'd like to ask for prayers for my husband as this Monday he will have the nuclear stress test and I  guess we find out then whats oging on. I hope it will just be a stent,no more surgery.

Sammycat the picture of MrSchmoo looking in the window with his reflection looking back at him is as close to Heavenly as one cat get. Its breathtaking and just gives me a peaceful feeling.

Keeping all of you in my prayers.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sunday Afternoon Greetings

Wishing everyone a peaceful,beautiful

and blessed remainder of the day.

Sending more special healing prayers

to Sammycat,beauty and her DH,Shop's

& Tissyanne's moms and to the rest of

my Schmoo sisters and/or their family

members who are in need.Heart

Sending more healing prayers to Fay Wray,

Frankie and to all of the other precious

furbabies who are in need.Heart

(((((HeartSCHMOO SISTER HUGSHeart)))))

-------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Esteemed Contributor

Sunday report:  Schmoo Friends, let's consolidate our prayers tonight for Beauty Junkie's DH, who is undergoing nuclear stress testing tomorrow. 

@beauty junkielet us know how everything goes if and when you are comfortable doing so.  Know that the power of prayer from the Schmoo family is with you -- and I'm posting a photo of delectable Schmoo pink paw pads for your personal stress reduction:

Schmoo pink paw pads2.jpg