Wishing everyone a beautiful,blessed

and chill-axing remainder of the day and

hoping that all is well with you,your families

and your precious furbabies too.HeartCat Very Happy

-------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Esteemed Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

Official President Day's Report:  Greetings and welcome to all Schmoosters!  I, too, wonder how Newtoallthis and her kitties are doing. Also, wondering how ShopTillYouDrop, her Mom and the Double J's are faring - we normally hear from her Mondays.

Thanks for your understanding of my last post about Schmoo. As I look at the calendar (and I know you do this, too), I remember where he was at this time of year.  By this time four years ago, we knew he was fading and every day became even more precious.  Thanks for your "soft place to fall" as always about my boy.  You always indulge me.

An update on Trinity:  I've worked with Kitty Sitter to help resolve diarrhea issues and she's starting to put some weight on.  Kitty Sitter's vet recommended she get the services of a "House Call" vet to get blood work and exam done so they can see where Trinity stands on her kidney failure.  She loves her new mom, that's for sure.  She has even snuck into Kitty Sitter's bed at night for the first time.

Fay Wray update:  going on antibiotic number, well, I'm not sure.  Vet going away to conference this week and will talk to some speakers about her. She's still blowing her nose but is not acting sick otherwise, which is an improvement.

Frankie update:  she may have to go on phenobarbital, treatment for tremors of unknown case or epilepsy.  I want cancer ruled out first, though, because if that's the problem, the phenobarbital will mask the real cause when we could be at least giving her palliative treatment for brain or metastic cancer instead.  We'll pursue that when the vet comes back.  I'm going to get a PhD in head tremors in cats before this is over. The vet agrees that more watchful waiting is OK for a week.

These kitties are our teachers, are they not?  One was the master, though. No lectern could hold his brilliance:

Schmoo professor.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone. I too am concerned about our missing posters and hope everyone is doing ok.Sammycat I hope they rule out any cancer for Frankie and then she can start medication. Its must be so scary to see. Glad to hear Fay Wray seems better,hope the congestion clears up soon.

Glad to hear Trinity is loving her new home and  Mom and you were able to help her tummy issues. My cousin out in CA. uses a vet that comes to the houses for her doxie who is older and blind from Sards and has kidney disease. He is so wonderful,my cousin said its so much easier on Penny who loves him. I don't knwo where KS lives but my cousin is in Felton,Ca. 

Tissyanee hope your tooth is ok. Sound like you might be grinding.That can really make the teeth hurt. Does your bite feel good,if so you might want to invest in one of those OTC bite gurads to try and see if that helps.Even the rubber mouth gurards they sell at sporting good stores is worth a try as a bite gurad can cost in the 100's and these things can work pretty good.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Trusted Contributor

Hi Dear Friends, Sammy I pray The Girls are having the best day possible today.  I know Mister Schmoo is continuing to share his love with you through the special ladies you and  DH have brought into your lives.  He is say "Yes Mom, You are the Very Best and I love you Forever and Always and Always.

Have a great week dear Friends. (HUGS)

Honored Contributor

Schmoo professor.jpg

Wednesday Morning Greetings

Sammycat... Apparently Jim Shore had

a show yesterday morning (I found out

later in the evening when I reviewed

the day's shows) and he presented two

beautiful small angels...one holding a kitty

and the other holding a dog. I ordered

the angel with the kitty to add to my

collection of his angels holding kitties.

The item number is H210807.

Thank you for the update on Trinity.

Please tell KS that I'm sending her

sweet girl lots of kisses and for her

to please deliver them for me.

I also pray that they're safe and sound

and not being affected by the destructive

rainfall and flooding that California is dealing with.

Sending more very special healing prayers

to Fay Wray,Frankie and all of the other

precious furbabies who are still in need.

Sending more very special healing prayers

to all of my Schmoo sisters and/or their

family members who are still in need.

Wishing everyone a beautiful and blessed day.

(((((HeartGROUP HUGHeart)))))

-------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Trusted Contributor

Quick update on Mom.  Her counts rose a very slight amount, not great but they didnt go down so we will take it.  Her Oncologist said this is going to be a very slow road to regain a good blood count.  A bit of bad news, she has developed another upper respitory infection, so more antibiotic.

The J's are both having a bit of an issue.  Joey is doing better, but so much antibiotic has caused him to develop a UTI, so more treatment for that issue.  Jake had an appointment last Friday due to is allergies.  His ears and skin were both badly infected, so he had his round of meds and seems to be feeling better..

All in all we are perking along Smiley Happy Such as life in my world, but I will gladly take it Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wednesday report:  Hello, all.  Beastielove thanks for your tip on the Jim Shore figurines.  I got the cat and the dog.  I had it on my list to tell you about them!

Fay Wray starts yet another class of antibiotic today.  Frankie only has had some mild tremors.

But we had a big pick-me-up yesterday.  Some battlefield clients of mine who live in CA learned of our new kitties and immediately shipped them a few gifts.  Now these are two big, strong guys who happen to love little kitties -- they also had sent gifts and made donations in Schmoo's name.

Well one gift is a white, fur-covered "cube" that we've nicknamed the "Shagadelic" in tribute to Austin Powers. Take a look at the girls in the photos below.  In photo #1, Frankie is VERY miffed because Fay Wray's in side the Shagadelic.  In photo #2, she muscled her way in, but Fay Wray's butt is still in the picture.  

In the words of Austin Powers, "Yeah, baby!" :

Shagadelic 2.JPG

Shagadelic.JPG

Trusted Contributor

Sammycat oh my gosh how cute is that shagadelic box,lol. I Love it,how kind of those men,love men who love kitty's.I hoe the antibiotic helps Fay Wray and still hoping the tremors will be able to be controlled with medication for Frankie.

Shop I'm glad your Mom's numbers improved some,praying they get even better. Hope that URI goes away quickly.I'm sorry to hear the boys are dealing with stuff,it never ends does it. Keeping you all in my prayers.

We had such torrential rain here in Fla that we now have a roof leak.It started to rain on poor Cookie who was sleeping on the dining room table,boy was it coming in. Our roof is only about 9 years old but the company who did it is gone so no more warranty.Not helping my health problems but as I always said to Mr Schmmo,make some lemonade out of those darn lemons.I may make a margarita.lol

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Trusted Contributor

I'm with you BJ- I think we should toast with a Great Big margarita!!! It's patio weather here in Dallas today, we should be hitting a balmy 90 degrees, crazy weather...

Trusted Contributor

Sammy I love the new cube for the Ladies, that looks awsome!