It was a pajama party theme which was held

in a very nice local pub and which also meant

that one had to wear their pajamas to the

event. I wore my Hello Kitty (love HK!)

jammies and everyone who attended wore

their PJ's too! Even the waitresses wore

their jammies!

There was live music and depending on the

song that was being played we'd all sing along.

One of the best was when we joined in on

singing Country Roads! It was a great success

and at least $3,000 was raised. I don't have

the final tally.

As I've mentioned many times before the

shelter is in terrible condition due to the

lack of funding for years from the

county government Cat Mad.

Sending out more special healing prayers

to all of you who are still in need.Heart

Sending out more special prayers to

all of the precious furbabies who are

still in need.Heart

Wishing everyone a peaceful and blessed

remainder of the day.Heart

(((((GROUP HUG)))))

-------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Honored Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

Happy Sunday Schmoo Family, 

I love the latest photo of Frankie and Fay Wray. I can only imagine how loved and secure they are feeling. Warms my heart. Smiley Happy 

beauty, no, this tooth does not have a root canal, but has had a filling for about 20 years. The dentist xrayed that side of my mouth, and he showed me the crack, which is at the back of the tooth. I will ask him when I go in how he knows the tooth will be okay once it is crowned. He is the same dentist that filled the tooth. I am having a little tooth discomfort today, but have not had any last week. I am not chewing on that side though. I hope that everything turns out okay. 

Shop, My prayers continue for your Mom and you. Hopefully, she will regain strength, and her blood counts will get better. Brighter tomorrows. Smiley Happy 

newtoallthis, I hope Tessa is recovered from her surgery, and that all is well with you and her. Have you seen Trey lately? 

Sammycat, I hope you and Mr. Sammycat are feeling much better, and that both of you will remain in good health without any setbacks. How are Kitty Sitter and Trinity doing ?

Trusted Contributor

Tissyanne, Tessa has recovered from her surgery just fine. She is a climber! She loves to climb to the top of my windows ! (One blind destroyed, many more to go! ) she climbs the wooden part of the panes. (Just had all of them painted in the spring! ) She is such a darling, who cares! I'm sure she will out grow it.
Trey comes to eat, but still won't let me near him. I can't leave my door open since Tessa came so he doesn't get to come in. I have a warm bed on the porch for him but he doesn't use it. I keep fresh water for him. Tessa loves him and watches him out the door!
Maybe someday he will give in and join us. I'm so glad he knows he has a safe place to eat here. He's fat as a bear! I saw him on the neighbors prch the other day. She is very king and I know she feeds him too!
Glad to hear brb is back. Sorry for her losses.
I've had several teeth capped and no root canals. It's been several years and I've never had a problem.
Shop I pray for your dear mother.
(((Hugs))) to all the Schmoo family!
Hug
Trusted Contributor

P.S. Remember, Trey was coming into to my living room and eating. I was trying to gain his trust and acclimate him to the house.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sunday report:   It's good to hear from everyone and I'm glad to see that brbfromTX reported in on the other thread, although I wish it were under better circumstances.  Our prayers are with her as always.

Trinity is having a rough transition to the Kitty Sitter's home.  A little background on her might help.  After living with the same family that raised her from kittenhood, they had to move, and as a result chose to dump her from the only home she'd ever known at a shelter when she was an old cat of 12.

Abandoned, she spent 2 years there.  As a cat in the family home she had no problems with aggression or health, but since the abandonment, she "pins" anyone who wants to hold her and growls if they leave her for a moment, or her GI system goes topsy turvy.

So while she is closer to the Kitty Sitter, her new breakthrough is that she only wants to sleep on her chest (photo below) and becomes unglued if she has to move, which of course, she does.  She also developed some diarrhea and Kitty Sitter rushed her to the vet, but she went so tasmanian they couldn't even examine her.  So they changed her diet, which is helping somewhat, but even when Kitty Sitter leaves her home for an hour or so (and a friend Trinity likes stays with her), she gets so wound up she vomits.

So it's a long road ahead but the Kitty Sitter is determined to help her, to help erase the scar of abandonment:

Schmoo trinity on chest.jpg 

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone. beastie thank you for letting us know about brb.I'm so sorry for all she is going through and the loos of her 2 furbbaies.

Tissyanne sorry the tooth is tender,do speak to the dentist about it. If the crack didn't go deep the tooth should be ok with a crown.

newtoallthis I have crowns on many teeth but once one has a fracture its a differnt story, That fracture can work its way down with one bite and an xray not show it then you have a brand new crown and a tooth thay may need a root canal. Its much easier to do the endo before the crown is placed.  I want to save Tussyanne any pain and aggravation I can. I worked with both periodontists and endodontists and can read xrays better then a lot of dentists.

Sammycat so sorry to hear about Trinity and her having tummy issues. can Kitty Sitter use a muzzle on her at the vets? We have to with Cookie even after all these years. The vet said when they had to take her xrays she was the most difficult cat he ever worked with in his 20 some odd years.Buddy was a dream at the vets but now my Cookie.

How are you feeling? Both my husband and i have the stomach bug,what fun.

Shope hoping your mOm  gets osme of her strength back and soon. She sure has been through h*ll and back and I wish her the very best and you too.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Tuesday report:  Tomorrow I'm taking some Schmoo "artifacts" to a professional photographer, a friend of mine and pet lover, too, things that will ultimately be a part of his story ... more on that later. 

Confessional: This is the hardest thing I've ever written, and I've been a professional writer for 35+ years. It keeps me up at night, enters my thoughts all day, 70-80 hours a week. Tears, frustration and too many bad snacks have been my writing companions, along with Fay Wray and Frankie. But I won't stop until the story of an abandoned, abused cat who refused to give up and all the people who helped us fight with him sees the national light of day ... because his story is the story of all those animals in a similar boat who need just one good chance at life, one good person to give them hope.

So I thought you might get a kick out of some small snippets, this one about the day DH & I found out what was wrong with Schmoo. Tell me what you like and what you don't like.

Three broken hearts got into our car at the animal hospital. No one said or meowed a thing. The ride home was less than 10 minutes but it felt like 10,000 miles. Our old cat had a failing heart, but on that day he acted as though no matter what the ultrasound scans and blood work and tests proclaimed, he wasn’t ready to die. Not yet, not nearly.  

I’d promised him the day we brought him home from the shelter years earlier:  We will never leave you.  We will care for you and love you, always and always.  Nowhere in that unbroken covenant that all dogs and cats should rely on were the qualifiers “but only if you don’t get sick or hurt or old.”

When we turned into our driveway with our kitty fighter, we turned on to the road less traveled by, and – in ways we could not begin to dream that harrowing December day – that choice would make all the difference:

Schmoo 2011.jpg

Respected Contributor

Sammycat, those paragraphs are awesome and beautiful!  I so look forward to reading this book some day, even though I know I will go through a case of tissues. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sammycat1 wrote:

Three broken hearts got into our car at the animal hospital. No one said or meowed a thing. The ride home was less than 10 minutes but it felt like 10,000 miles. Our old cat had a failing heart, but on that day he acted as though no matter what the ultrasound scans and blood work and tests proclaimed, he wasn’t ready to die. Not yet, not nearly.  

I’d promised him the day we brought him home from the shelter years earlier:  We will never leave you.  We will care for you and love you, always and always.  Nowhere in that unbroken covenant that all dogs and cats should rely on were the qualifiers “but only if you don’t get sick or hurt or old.”

When we turned into our driveway with our kitty fighter, we turned on to the road less traveled by, and – in ways we could not begin to dream that harrowing December day – that choice would make all the difference:

Schmoo 2011.jpg

Sammycat...

Every single word that comprises what

you've written is beautiful,powerful,

poignant and moving.HeartCat Happy

--------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Honored Contributor

Schmoo trinity on chest.jpg 

Precious Trinity...

I know that you've been through some