Honored Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

[ Edited ]

yahooey wrote:

Hi everyone - 

Sending hugs and quck healing to all the furbabies and hoomins that need it.

I live in the northeast and we are getiting pelted by snow today. Not pretty drifting snowflakes but mean angry pelting sideways snowflakes. One hit my eyeball and I opend my umbrella. 90% of the time, a hood will do much better but I needed a shield.

Me on my way to work via the subway in the Manhattn 

Unknown.jpeg

Me arriving at work today - usually Manhattan is always clean of snow. Not this morning, Streets were thick with packed snow which will become icy. Leaving the office soon. Stay safe everyone.

images.jpeg

Purrs-Day Afternoon Greetings

I'm getting slammed by the same snowstorm

here in Rockland County,NY. Don't know how

much snow NYC is due to get but as

we're approximately 25 miles NE of the

city we're supposed to get at least 12 inches.

Yesterday it was 61 degrees,bright

skies and sunny...now today...THIS!Cat Mad

This morning I trudged through the snow

to go next door to the large manor house

where 30+ kitties from the overcrowded

county animal shelter live. My friend

(who owns the house) and I took care of

the kittehs then went outside and dug a

path from the house to a small barnlike

structure where a couple of feral kitties

live to feed them.

I'll be going back there again at 5:00 PM

tonight.

Yahooey... Hoping that you've arrived

back home by now...safe and sound.

Wishing everyone a furbulous remainder of the day.Cat Very Happy

(((((GROUP HUG)))))

--------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Trusted Contributor

Sammy, I am lifting your  babies up in prayer this evening.  Your super vet I know will guide you in the very best direction.  It is always comforting to know our vets are with us and always pulling for our babies.  My Dear Dr. B. is getting close to retiring.  The J's have seen only him for all 13 years.  I have always told him when that time comes only he can help my babies in those final moments and he told me with tears in his eyes that he will always be by my side with Joey and Jake, that means so much to me knowing that if they need help to pass over he and I will be side by side.  Crying just thinking about it, but comforting to know.

Hugs dear Friends, have a blessed and Safe evening.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good evening Schmoo family,

Sammycat, I hope that your Frankie and Fay Wray are better today. Bless your family, and your home. 

I did get my crown yesterday, and left with a toothache. It settled over night, but I am afraid to chew on that side. I hope to get over that fear. I have not chewed on that side since I found out the tooth was cracked which was in early January. 

We continue with very warm dry weather, and Saturday is suppose to be windy and near 90. Then surprise on Sunday a high in the 30's, with snow expected. Smiley Happy Ah, the West TX weather is so ever changing. 

Esteemed Contributor

Friday report:  Happy Friday, All! 

@Tissyannehope that crown is good to go by today and you can chew blissfully on both sides with no pain!

@Yahooeyand @beastielove we got less snow but more ice!  I'd rather have 2 feet of snow than a half inch of ice, and I know you know what I mean.  But, heck, it's going to be 55 here tomorrow.

@Shop Till you DropI teared up reading about the J's and their beloved vet.  Those Double J's aren't going anywhere for now, so put that scary future right out of your mind.  If you have a chance, a photo of those dapper gentlemen may wipe away our winter blues!

@beauty junkieWhile writing a section of the Schmoo book the other day, I came upon one of your nicknames for him:  "The Mike Tyson of Felines."  It's literary gold!

Now a Fay Wray vet report.  The first obstacle:  We had 40 mph winds and it was 18 degrees with ice at appt time.  But, hey, I married a guy from Maine!  I warmed up the Jeep Grand Cherokee and then he brought her out with a big tarp wrapped around her carrier.

The vet himself came out and waved us in personally (I think "Uncle Schmoo" has paved the way for these new kitties).  Her lungs and chest sounded bad and I told him she was doing a little of that "body rocking" with her breathing -- and he agreed we needed to check the ticker with x-rays and a BNP test.  Good news:  lungs and chest were dry.  No current presence of actively deteriorating heart disease. The collapsed lobes in her one lung -- re-inflated on their own, a miracle!  Bad news:  she had a faint heart murmur but it has gotten worse.

We're going to try a brand-new antibiotic (she essentially has had them all besides this one) to tame the snots and he also gave her a nasal vaccine that helps damaged nasal/sinus passages.

The best part:  when they took her back for x-rays, the vet told the tech that if Fay Wray was in the mood, he really wanted one with her on her back, not just her side.  Even as he said it, Fay Wray rolled on to her back and stretched her front legs over her head as if to say, "Well, let's get on with it then!"

The vet said we are making progress, even if she may always have this respiratory problem.  He said it's testimony to our excellent care that the lung reinflated after so much damage that she experienced prior to living with us.

Frankie is now sampling some food to help her with the soft stools; she has so few choices.  So we're crossing our fingers there.

Thank you for your prayers for our ragamuffins -- they are so tough given what they've endured in their short lives!

Esteemed Contributor

Friday report #2:  No sooner did I write today's report earlier with an update on Fay Wray's visit, than I was working in my home office and Frankie came in -- then developed a mild head tremor that got worse.  The episode lasted 10 minutes, then she was exhausted.  She also was breathing very heavily while it happened and didn't understand what was happening to her.

We rushed her to the vet and she got a comprehensive exam with bloodwork.  No diabetes, no liver problems but low platelets -- but no sign of bleeding and other problems in the body.

3 possibilities:  brain tumor, epilepsy that is just starting to show itself, or idiopathic (no known cause) tremors.  She also had the tremors while at the vet office.

We're to do watchful waiting and if they occur again, note what she's doing when they happen; if they worsen; or if she has a full-blown seizure, run her to the ER or the vet's if they're open at that time.

We're very upset, but glad she, like Fay Wray, are both in our hands.  They'll get the very best and more love than is possible than just about anywhere.  Still, our hearts hurt tonight. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Schmoo Beastie.jpg

Sammycat...

I just read your last two reports and my

heart goes out to you,DH,and your precious girls.

Sending tons of very special healing prayers

to the both of them and tons of very

special Comfort Hugs to all of you.

((((HeartSAMMYCAT,DH & THEIR GIRLSHeart))))

------------------------------

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1

Prayers for miracles, healing and warm hugs for your girls. Prayers for you and DH also. 

❤️

Trusted Contributor

I have forgotten most of what I was going to write after reading the latest updaye. I'm so very sorry and so sad to read htis. I am so grateful that these sweet precious cats have you,yoru DH and your loving vet to care for them. I will say extra prayers before I go to bed tongith. I so hope that both girls can get better,they are after all MrSchmoos stepsisters so they have the same spunk and fight he had. God Bless you Sammycat.

I hope everyone will be ok who has been hit with this winter storm.

Tissyanee chew on that tooth,if you have pain call your dentist stat but you should be fine.

Shop I teared up with your post,you have agreat vet too.I love my vet so much I asked him if he would treat me,lol

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Honored Contributor

Schmoo Fay Wray candid.jpg

Schmoo Frankie candid.jpg

Sammycat...

Sending more very special love filled

healing prayers to your beloved girls.Heart

Sending more very special love filled

healing prayers to all of the other

beloved furbabies who are in need.Heart

--------------------------------

Honored Contributor

Image result for photos of THINKING OF YOU CATS    @Sammycat1

Tears at reading your recent posts.  I am so sorry for the setbacks Frankie and Fay Wray continue to experience.  Much love to them and to you and DH as you love and care for them without reservation.  Hoping for the best re. their health status.  ((((Hugs))))

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~