Trusted Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

Oh my gosh Sammycat I am literally crying my eyes out.Every word written just touched my heart.The line you said about the cats and the dead eye that have given up hope just make my heart hurt. Honestly if we ever rescue again it will be a senior cat or two.

You write so beautifully and I can't stop crying.MrSchmoo and you in the picture is one of such love and sweetness.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@beauty junkie wrote:

Oh my gosh Sammycat I am literally crying my eyes out.Every word written just touched my heart.The line you said about the cats and the dead eye that have given up hope just make my heart hurt. Honestly if we ever rescue again it will be a senior cat or two.

You write so beautifully and I can't stop crying.MrSchmoo and you in the picture is one of such love and sweetness.

Dear BJ,  I hope you will laugh at parts, too, because there will be plenty of that to go around too.  After all, he was the crazy Schmoo!

Trusted Contributor

Oh Sammy, Thank you for another snippet into the book of Schmoo.  I can just see each you in my minds eye.  The great one saying I am here, get me now.  The all knowing look that you had found the ONE..and your DH, must have beamed when he saw the first love at first site moment of his two loves...Thank you for sharing.  

A warm hello to all our dear friends, so glad to see some updates, we have been concerned that all was well in your worlds.

Dear Friends, I ask you to once again lift my precious Joey in prayer.  I came home from work last Friday and found him in a very critical state.  His breathing was very labored and I could tell his heart rate was very low.  He saw me and leaned in to be picked up.  I didnt even stop, I just scooped him up and took him to see Dr. B.  After several tests and xrays we found he has bronchial pneumonia.  He has been dosed with large doses of antibiotics and steroids and has needed oxygen a couple of times.  He has improved a little, but is not by any way out of the woods yet.  But my tiny fighter, is doing what he always does and he is fighting.  He spent 2 nights in the ER, but I have him home now.  I thank each of you for your concern and prayer.

Hugs..

Honored Contributor

Sammycat, I am very impressed with your beautiful words. You are a wonderful writer/story teller, and I am so enjoying what I am reading. 

My dentist office called me Monday morning ( one hour before appointment), and cancelled because he is sick. I am now scheduled for Feb. 7th. Very disappointed, but I wouldn't want him working on me if he is sick. 

slh, reading your words brought back memories of days gone by, when you would come here often. Bless you, for taking care of your Mom, and all you do. 

beauty, I am glad you are getting some relief, and hope the coo, weather will hang around for you. Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Most of the adult cats regarded us with timid meows and dead eyes, eyes long past hope that anyone would rescue them from their tiny cells.  For animals who so prized independence and the freedom to roam, this holding pattern of a room represented an existence preferable to death, but it was no life. Before we could take another step, a roar came from the bottom of the stacked cages.

The palest cat with the palest eyes I’d ever seen crouched there, his champagne-furred hulk pushing through the bars of his cage. With eyes only half open and a cross, furrowed expression, the lion in a cat’s body stared at me, indignant, knowing he’d been heard.  I smiled for the first time in a long time, knowing I was looking at my new kitty boy.

The champagne lion tracked me as I walked around the room, howling with impatience and incredulity that I’d not stopped at his cage, each meow louder and more insistent.  When I came back to him and read the small name tag on his cage, “Blondie Boy” saved his best missive for his close-up. He breathed in deeply like a opera star preparing for an aria, then bellowed his meow while wrinkling up his nose to bare his fangs and twisting his head toward me for emphasis.

DH followed my smiling gaze to the feline Pavarotti and gestured for the shelter worker to spring Blondie Boy for inspection.  As she opened his cage, he puffed himself up, as though ensuring all was in order for his debut.

She placed him in my arms and he sank down in the nest I created.  Then, according to DH, Blondie Boy rested his head on my shoulders and closed his eyes – a scene he said he’ll remember to the end of his days.  “He looked relieved, truly relieved.  He’d found his Mom, and that was that.”

Schmoo Mother's Day 3.jpg

Wednesday Morning Greetings

Sammycat... You are a clearly a gifted

writer becuase you "paint pictures" with

your words. As I read the first line

of the first paragraph, I saw those those

precious cats and not only did my heart

ache for them but I also began to cry

for them.

Hopefully many of them are no longer

at the shelter but were rescued by

Angels like you and DH and are living

in their forever homes.

By the way, if you go to the Pancake

thread Yahooey came up with some solutions

to help you with your TV addicted kitteh! Cat LOL

Sending lots of healing prayers to Shop's

sweet boy Joey and to all of the other

precious furbabies who are in need.

Today my beloved Tabitha turns 15.I

rescued her when she was a 7 month

old kitten (found her in a paper bag)

and as she's been having a bit of a

rough time for the past two years...

(I almost lost her twice but I fought

like a lioness to save my cub) I'm so

grateful for each day that she still

blesses my life.Cat HappyHeartWoman Happy

Wishing everyone a very pleasant and peaceful day.

(((((HeartGROUP HUGHeart)))))

-------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Honored Contributor

Hello all, 

I received an invite from @beastielove and decided to take a peek. I read some of @Sammycat1 wonderful words on her beloved Schmoo and am presuming it will be an ebook since the pages will disintegrate with the many tears.

images.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey wrote:

Hello all, 

I received an invite from @beastielove and decided to take a peek. I read some of @Sammycat1 wonderful words on her beloved Schmoo and am presuming it will be an ebook since the pages will disintegrate with the many tears.

images.jpeg

@Yahooey, I agree, and thank you for posting here on Mr. Schmoo's thread. I hope you will be a regular, and this picture is adorably cute. 

Esteemed Contributor

Wednesday report:  Greetings, fellow Schmoosters!  @Yahooey, it's nice to see you here on the Schmoo thread.  No invitation necessary to come here -- the door is always wide open.  Thank you to you, as well as Beastielove, ShopTillYouDrop and Tissyanne for your kind words on the Schmoo excerpts ... the hard work continues.

Tonight, I'm urging additional prayers for Beastielove's beloved 15-year-old Tabitha. She's a grand older lady now and I have loved seeing her name for so many years here on the forum -- may she have many, many more!

And let's lift up prayers and good thoughts for Shop's pup, that dazzling half of the Double J's duo, Joey.  What a scare with his pneumonia!  With Momma's TLC, his excellent vet and the wings of our prayers, we hope that Joey keeps getting stronger.

Also, add SLH's feline brood to the mix, too.  She has her hands full but no one is a finer champion for those who need the best caregiving.  Our prayers are with you too!

You all said so many prayers for my one cat, there's not enough lifetime left in me to ever adequately repay your kindness:

Schmoo spring 2016.jpg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Tabitha, You are one lucky kitty to be livng your life with @beastielove. I hope you feel better, and Happy 15th birthday, precious one. Heart

Happy-Birthday-Kitten-Graphic-1.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Shop Till you Drop, I am praying for your Joey. I can only imagine coming home, and finding him like that. I am hopeful that he will be feeling better soon. He is such a cute, and delicate little dog. Kèep us updated. 

314c68f4058c528971f4b5e03aff226f.jpg