Esteemed Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

Sunday report:  I'm a little wistful tonight about my home office. What does this have to do with pets?  Let me explain.

Four years ago, we had to move my workspace to our dining room after I developed a painful, permanently shifted vertebra in spinal column that made my spine unstable.  Now as I head into the end of my battlefield touring season for the year and begin the serious writing on the Schmoo book, I need to go back upstairs into the home office to quiet space in our home.

It's required a lot of movings-around over the past several weeks. Today, DH moved my computer upstairs into here.  Because we had treated this home office area as a major dumping/storage ground for some years, it wasn't safe to let the new kitties into it.

Tonight we opened it to them.  Frankie has dipped her toe in, but doesn't know if she approves. It might seem silly, but I'm a little sad, because this is where my Schmoo Bear acted as my editor-in-chief for so many years.  It's where I often tested his heart and breathing rates, as he slumbered in the bed on my desk. 

It's not the same without him and never will be, even if the new girls take to it -- and that's OK. I still feel his presence as he delivered his editorial guidance and recall the good memories we made here.  I hope I'm worthy of his literary supervision:

Schmoo editor.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Happy Monday Dear Friends,  I hope everyone has a Blessed Week.  BJ, Hope you are doing as well as possible.  Sammy, I know the girls will find just the right time to make an appearance and share the office with you as Precious Schmoo did with such flair.  A comfy bed and some tummy rubs will find them lined up soon.  Hugs dear Friends.

Honored Contributor

Hello Schmoo family, 

I have been a little distracted the past few days. We are having health problems with both my Sugarbear, and also our son's 8 year old cat we call Amore. Both of them have been to the vet today, and Amore has ringworms. I asked how he got that, and was told he could be a carrier, and now that he is getting older his immune may not be as strong. Anyway, she confirmed the ringworms with a black light. She did a complete blood panel on him, and he has all good results. I have to give him oral meds for 4 weeks. My Sugarbear has been low, and not eating well. I am giving her the broths, and she will lap them up. I bought her a water bowl that the water runs through continually, and she likes it a lot. They did blood work on her today also, and her kidney numbers are actually bettet than last time. Bottom line, she is very constipated, and I am to give her Miralax 3 times a day, to help. So, my mind has been kind of whirling back and forth lately. We are okay, just having to give extra attention to our little kitties. Smiley Happy 

Esteemed Contributor

Monday report:  A special set of prayers heading out to Tissyanne's Sugarbear kitty and her son Amore's kitty, who are battling health problems tonight -- and prayers to ShopTillYouDrop's Mom and her pups Joey and Jake.

We're heading to the vet ourselves this Thursday to do a status check on Fay Wray and Frankie.  They also need a pedicure (they don't allow us to clip their claws).

It's always something, isn't it?  But that's what we signed on for:

February 19 2014 3.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Tissyanne, I am praying for your Sugarbear. I gave Tibbs Beneful in his drinking water. and switched him to Royal Canin Gastrointestinal wet food. It did the trick.

Prayers also for Amore. Tessa had ringworm along with every other parasite known to cats! They did a dip on her. It took three to clear her up, but she finally got a clean bill of health last Friday! Now we wait until time to spay her.

Sammycat, praying Fay Ray and Frankie get good reports. They are beautiful ladies.

When I first got Tessa, I cried everytime I looked at her because it made me miss Tibbs so much. I would cry because I couldn't imagine how he survived on the street before I got him, I cried because it wasn't fair to Tessa. I cried because she was so tiny and someone just threw her out. I cried because I wanted her to be Tibbs. I cried and I cried, everyday and everyday I loved her more and more. I still call her Tibbs by accident! I will always miss him, Thomas and Trixie. No one will ever take their place, but now Tessa has her own precious place in my heart. She has a totally different personality than my 3 boys.

Honored Contributor

@newtoallthis, you have a beautiful heart, and soul. Tessa is a lucky kitty to have your love. Enjoy your day.
Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone. Tissyanne I'm so sorry to hear about your Sugarbear and Amore and am sending prayers and will keep them both in my daily prayers. Hope they both feel better and you take care of yourself too.

Shop how is your Mom doing? Is she feeling stronger? I sure hope so. I am ok,have to see a pulmonry Dr in 2 weeks. I either have astma or COPD but trouble breathing.Seems all my organs want attention,lol

Sammycat seeing the picture of you and and Mr Schmoo in your office got me all teared up. I remember all the photos and stories of you guys together. Frankie and Fay Wray aren't here to take his place,no one could but they love you and I hope they soon feel so comfortable and just want to hang with you where ever you may be.

newtoallthis if not for you and your son Tessa would never have survived,God Bless you both.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Honored Contributor

February 19 2014 3.jpg

Wednesday Morning Greetings

Sending out tons of very special healing prayers to Sugarbear,Amore,Frankie,Fay Wray,Joey,Jake, and all of the other precious furbabies who are in need.

Wishing everyone a pleasant and peaceful day.Cat Happy

((((( HeartGROUP HUG Heart)))))

-------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Honored Contributor

newtoallthis wrote:

Tissyanne, I am praying for your Sugarbear. I gave Tibbs Beneful in his drinking water. and switched him to Royal Canin Gastrointestinal wet food. It did the trick.

Prayers also for Amore. Tessa had ringworm along with every other parasite known to cats! They did a dip on her. It took three to clear her up, but she finally got a clean bill of health last Friday! Now we wait until time to spay her.

Sammycat, praying Fay Ray and Frankie get good reports. They are beautiful ladies.

When I first got Tessa, I cried everytime I looked at her because it made me miss Tibbs so much. I would cry because I couldn't imagine how he survived on the street before I got him, I cried because it wasn't fair to Tessa. I cried because she was so tiny and someone just threw her out. I cried because I wanted her to be Tibbs. I cried and I cried, everyday and everyday I loved her more and more. I still call her Tibbs by accident! I will always miss him, Thomas and Trixie. No one will ever take their place, but now Tessa has her own precious place in my heart. She has a totally different personality than my 3 boys.

New...

I truly believe that Divine Intervention brought you and sweet Tessa together and that you're both blessed to have each other to love and to cherish.

------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wednesday report:  Greetings, fellow Schmoosters.  I agree with Tissyanne:  Newtoallthis, you have a heart of gold, and your Tessa hit the kitty lotto when she came to live with you.  Love doesn't occupy chunks of real estate in one's heart; the heart is a flexible, powerful thing, able to hold the infinite love of our infinite pets, and give it back as new ones come into our fold, too.

We will give you a full report on Frankie's and Fay Wray's checkup tomorrow, but it may not be until later in the evening -- they have the last appointments of the day.

Until then, Frankie shows you she is finally comfortable on our bed.  It only took half a year.  Notice her complete, vulnerable sprawl up against my fat leg:

Schmoo Frankie sprawl.jpg