Esteemed Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

Monday report:   Tissyanne, Beastie and all Schmooster, I, too, am very concerned about BrbfromTX.  I'm hoping she's caught up in family life and taking a brief break from the boards -- and not in poor health.  She brings sunshine to us all and it's not the same without her. 

Shop, it's good to hear your Mom is holding her own and Beauty, hang in there!  We're praying for both of you and your families.

Tonight I had to rush out after wolfing down a frozen dinner to get what I call a "dip and clip," a haircut and dye job, with barely any quality time with DH and the girl kitties.  But all was well with the kitties when I returned:  they played, they pooped, they watched bad TV together.

And even though they still struggle healthwise, these little girls know now they have a home for good.  There's nothing like that feeling in the world:

Schmoo first heated boodie.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Tuesday report:   Do you ever look at the clock, or the calendar, and the time and date reminds you of a pet you miss terribly?  I did that today.

Because although this thread centers mostly on our Schmoo, we lost his "sister," SophSoph, to the same terrible disease he had -- heart failure -- except she died suddenly.  Five years ago today.

I'll always feel that I failed her.  She had different symptoms than Schmoo, and they didn't surface until hours before her passing. 

You were so special, our "Me Too" kitty, and we'll miss you and love you forever:

Schmoo Soph serenity.jpg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Schmoo Soph serenity.jpg

Sammycat...

I can't believe that it's been five years since your precious girl suddenly passed away. How well I remember that terrible day.

Please don't feel that you failed her because you didn't. Her symptoms came on very quickly therefore you couldn't have done for her what you were able to do for Schmoo in regards to his heart condition.

What's important in the fact that you and DH filled her life with so much love and Sophie always knew that in her kitty heart and soul. I do hope that knowing this will bring you much comfort.

-------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone. Wow Sammycat its been 5 years for Sophie. Time goes by so fast.You didn't fail her,she didn't show symptoms like MrSchmoo. Its so hard as we don't always know how they are feeling. My Aunt had to put her cat Pepe down on Sunday. He had been ill with stomach trouble and a bad heart murmur but she woke up to find him paralyzed in bed with her and had to rush him to an emergency vet where he was euthanized. I of course cried terribly.I truly grieve more for animals then I do people.

Shop glad to hear things are going ok with your family.

brb if you are reading the posts here we all wish you well and hope to hear form you soon.

Take care Schmoo Clan

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Honored Contributor

beauty junkie wrote:

Hi everyone. Wow Sammycat its been 5 years for Sophie. Time goes by so fast.You didn't fail her,she didn't show symptoms like MrSchmoo. Its so hard as we don't always know how they are feeling. My Aunt had to put her cat Pepe down on Sunday. He had been ill with stomach trouble and a bad heart murmur but she woke up to find him paralyzed in bed with her and had to rush him to an emergency vet where he was euthanized. I of course cried terribly.I truly grieve more for animals then I do people.

Shop glad to hear things are going ok with your family.

brb if you are reading the posts here we all wish you well and hope to hear form you soon.

Take care Schmoo Clan

beauty...

Please tell your Aunt that my heart goes out to her on the loss of her sweet Pepe and that I lit a candle for him on the pet loss dot com site.

Hoping that the meds that your doctor gave you last week are helping to allieviate your pain. Sending more very special healing prayers your way.

-------------------------------

Honored Contributor

Dear Sammycat,

No, you didn't fail Sophie. You told her just how special she was, and here is proof. Heart

original-29.jpeg

Honored Contributor

beauty, I am saddened about your Aunt's Pepe. Please tell her that the Schmoo family sends our condolences during this difficult time. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Friday report:  Thank you for your kind words about Sophie.  I still believe I could have done more and faster; I'll always believe it.

Beauty, I'm sorry to hear about Pepe the beloved kitty.  They're never with us long enough.  Our prayers go out to you and your family as everyone copes with this loss.

While DH and I grapple with one car whose transmission blew for good yesterday, I thought we all could use some smiles.  Fay Wray and Frankie have decided that the only way to escape stress:  nap, nap, nap!

Where have you seen this before? 

Schmoo FF bed.jpg

Schmoo and Soph preferred blankies.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone. Thank you so much for the kind words and prayers for my Aunt and Pepe.beastie when I told her tonight you lit a candle for Pepe she said thank yous o veyr much and was really appreciative. I told her my pet friends offerd their condolences. She has lost a number of pets over the years but this one seems to have hit her hard and we crying on the phone. She has 1 remaining cat named Brewsky and she said Brewsky never slept with her on the bed till last night. She's worried about her. I said they grieve just like we do.

Sammycat what a lovely picture,both pictures. It seems the girls are getting more and more used to their new happy loving home and that just makes my heart smile and I bet MrSchmoo and Sophie are smiling too saying,you girls got so lucky,the best Mom and Dad ever.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Honored Contributor

Schmoo beyond measure.jpg

Sunday Morning Greetings

Wishing Sammycat,DH,KS, and the rest of this beautiful family a very pleasant,peaceful and blessed day.

((((((Cat HappyGROUP HUGCat Happy))))))

--------------------------------