Trusted Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

Oh my Sammycat your post has brought me to tears. I can only imagine what these beautiful babies must have had to endure living with that hoarder. Thank God for you and your DH and I hope in time they can both start to relax more and more and know what a loving caring home they have now. Have they let you hold either of them? I wish I could just kiss them both.

Shop I am glad that your mom is doing ok,wish she felt better but glad she is tolerating her treatment. She must be one tough lady. Also glad ot hear the 2 J's are doing ok,always in my prayers.

Anikabrodie can you post a picture of Faith? I would love to see her. She sounds like quite a cutie and a smart little lady.

Hope all of the Schmoo Clan are doing well.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Trusted Contributor

Oh Sammycat, this post brought tears to my eyes too. Thank God Frankie and Fay Wray are with you. My Thomas never lost his fear of garbage bags. The only thing I could ever figure out was maybe he was thrown out in one and clawed his way out. It was the hottest day of the year! His feet were blistered from the higway pavement. I learned to never change the trash while he was around. It didn't bother him for me to lift the full bag out but it terrified him when the empty one was put back in. My poor, sweet Thomas.

Tessa was tossed out like trash too and she was so sick. She is at least four times bigger than she was when I picked her up (August 9th). She was about 6 weeks old then.  She is a character!

Honored Contributor

@newtoallthis wrote:

Oh Sammycat, this post brought tears to my eyes too. Thank God Frankie and Fay Wray are with you. My Thomas never lost his fear of garbage bags. The only thing I could ever figure out was maybe he was thrown out in one and clawed his way out. It was the hottest day of the year! His feet were blistered from the higway pavement. I learned to never change the trash while he was around. It didn't bother him for me to lift the full bag out but it terrified him when the empty one was put back in. My poor, sweet Thomas.

Tessa was tossed out like trash too and she was so sick. She is at least four times bigger than she was when I picked her up (August 9th). She was about 6 weeks old then.  She is a character!

@newtoallthis

If only our world had more people as kind and caring as you. Kindness shown to the animals that you have cared for is commendable for sure. Little Tessa will probably become settled when she leaves the kitten stage. Bless you. Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Friday report:  I knew my fellow Schmoosters would indeed understand my grief at seeing poor Frankie in the begging position.  It should warm your heart to know that she and Fay Wray have been sunning their kitty behinds.  Shop and Beauty, our prayers remain with you, for your mother and your afflictions, respectively.

Lately I've been thinking and writing about time in the context of the Schmoo book.  When you're young, time can't move fast enough:  there's so much to do, explore and become.  At one point, though, we wish we could stomp on the brakes.  Time seems to rush by us, like the landscape out of the windows of cars moving fast. 

A year ago yesterday, I had my total knee replacement and stood on finely fashioned titanium for the first time.  A year ago! 

And as I think about @AnikaBrodie and Faith, and @newtoallthis and Tessa, at the beginning of their journeys, I know they will do as Schmoo's doctor warned us to do when he was first diagnosed with heart failure ....

Cherish every day.  Every day.  And take a lot of pictures to show us here.  You'll be glad you did and so will we:

Schmoo take lots pics.jpg

Honored Contributor

Sammycat1 wrote:

Wednesday report:  Greetings, Schmoosters!

I saw one of the saddest sights we could see when I came home today.  I was running a little late because of a commitment on the battlefield, and DH had to stop for gas in the car and a few items.  As a result, we were 10 minutes late.

To make this make sense, if you end up with cats with chronic illnesses and/or those who have come from extreme hoarding situations, you learn quickly that you need to provide as much structure as possible -- or they become afraid.

Anyway, I arrived home first.  Frankie ran up to me, panicked and meowing (she only meows once a day or so).  I told her:  "Come with Mommy to the kitchen right away, and I'll get you a treat, then Daddy will be home any minute and we'll all have supper."  They get soft food twice a day but dry food is always available.

She was so panicked at the fact that I was late that when I turned around to give her the treats, she was standing up on her hind legs with her front legs in a begging position -- and I realized that must have happened to her and Fay Wray, that they often had to beg for their supper in that hoarder's house.  Tears welled up in my eyes as I gave her the treats and I pet her.

And then I reassured her as I have all our pets:  "You'll never be alone again, ever --- and we will love you higher than the sky and higher, always and always:"

Schmoo beyond measure.jpg

Sammycat...

Add me to the list of Schmoosters who cried while reading this incredibly moving and poignant post.

Clearly your precious girls lived a life of pure H*ll until Divine Intervention...and Schmoo...made sure that they ended up with you and DH so that they could spend the rest of their lives in a home that is truly Heaven on Earth.Cat Happy

((((((HeartFRANKIE & FAY WRAYHeart)))))

--------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Esteemed Contributor

Sunday report:  Happy Sunday, all!  Fall has finally arrived in our area, but it won't last for long:  we're expecting temps in the 80s this coming week.  I'm ready for summer to be done.

Update on the kitties:  Fay Wray has taken a little step backward and suddenly started to spray mucus again and build congestion.  Her doctor's keeping her in the high-octane antibiotic.  Frankie's stools are finally normal (oh the joy of a normal bowel movement -- we are on a high!).  But her butt scooting and itchiness of ears and skin grow worse; there's even a patch of skin showing underneath her right leg.

So the girls will head to their doctor this coming Thursday evening for a check-up and a mani-pedi.  We want them to feel as good as they look:

Schmoo angel bliss.jpg 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Schmoo angel bliss.jpg 

Sunday Evening Greetings

Wishing everyone a peaceful and blessed remainder of the day and that it marks the beginning of an equally peaceful and blessed week for you as well.

Sending lots more very special healing prayers to Frankie, Fay Wray, and all of the other precious furbabies who are still in need.

Sending more very special healing prayers to beauty,DH,Shop's mom,and all of the other members of this amazing and loving family who are still in need. Am also concerned about BRB as she hasn't posted here or on the Pancake or Pet Chat Corner threads for quite a while.

((((((((HeartGROUP HUGHeart))))))))

--------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Honored Contributor

Good evening Schmoo family, 

Well we are coming to the close of another weekend. We saw rain here last week for 24 hours, and it wad wonderful. Kind of a renewing of fresh drops from heaven. 

Sammycat, I still remain in awe of your steadfast devotion to Frankie and Fay Wray. These two are so blessed, and I can only imagine how their hearts must be feeling. Bursting at the seams would be my guess. 

Shop, you and your Mom remain in my prayers each day. 

beauty, I hope you are feeling better these days. You are always in my prayers.  

beastie, I too am concerned about our brbfromTX. I have not seen a post anywhere from her in quite some time. I hope she is okay. 

Everyone, enjoy your week. 

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone.Sammycat so sorry to hear about the setback but hoping between you and your vet you can get the girls to feeling better. I was telling my cousin and Aunt about Frankie and Fay Wray and both were so thrilled that you and your DH stepped in to save these kittys.I will say extra prayers for them.

Thanks beastie  ok,and Tissyanne.I'm doing a little better. my DR feels it the lupus attacking my organs right now so I have to hope for remission soon but the new medication is helping the liver and pancreas issue.

I too am worried about brb. Its been quite a while since she posted and I am praying she is doing ok.

Shop how is your Mom doing?

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Trusted Contributor

Hi Dear Friends, Oh Sammy, add one more to the list of tears streaming for you precious baby begging for her food.  One thing is for certain, they do now know what Love is and Protection and they are lucky, lucky girls to have you and Dh as furbaby parents.  Lifting all our dear friends in prayer.  We are holding steady at my home and Mom's, I will take that right now.  Haave a Blessed week dear Friends (hugs)