Trusted Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

Hi everyone. Sammycat I will be praying for your DH and I hope that the injections will be able to give him much relief.I am so saddened to hear that Frankie and Fay Wray are not doing that well. I sure hope that with your love and care and your vets that they can both have some quality time in their new loving home. I greatly admire you both for taking on this difficult journey with them,not too many people would be willing to do so.

newtoallthis I am so happy to read that Tessa is doing as well as she is. Truly sad about the cats that haven't come back. I can so relate. Taking care of ferals can be very rewarding but also breaks ones heart and spirit. We can only do so much. When my DH and I had to give up all the kittens I cried like a baby as I named them all but they did all go to a home.Your Mr T is like our Pal was,a real Tom Cat. We never could catch him to neuter but we cared for him for 5 years,nursed him through many injuries and illness's. When he never came home I cried for ages but I  know that he will be waiting for me in Heaven.

I hope that all of the Schmoo Clan and your fur babies are doing well.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Respected Contributor

Sammycat, I will continue my prayers for your sweet DH, Frankie and Fay Wray, I hope the injections help your husband and that the mountains your kitties face turn out to be molehills after all!

Trusted Contributor

Sammy,  Please hear our prayers in the wind tonight.  Open that window just a little bit and you will hear your dear friends lifting each of you in prayer, giving you strength as  the best care giver, your husband to find some relief, and those two precious kitty's will feel the strength of the warrior that came before them and taught us all how to love and care just a little bit more...always and forever and back again...hugs dear friends..

Esteemed Contributor

Friday report:  I humbly thank everyone for their prayers and good wishes for DH and our kitties.  DH's procedure went well, except his inflammation in the cervical spine was so bad that they could only put half the steroid in .... there was very little space for it ... so we'll have to do 2 more procedures with the hope that this will work. 

I've got a 6'3" wobby guy on my hands, but he's resting and grateful to get part of this over with.  We won't know it works for another 5 days or so -- these take longer to kick in than cortisone shots in the joints.

Fay Wray continues to battle MRSA and it's scary. There are days when I think we could lose her, then she rebounds.  Our vet believes she'll be going on a second course of super-antibiotics (another 6 weeks worth) because she's only improved about 30%. 

Frankie is tougher. No normal stools yet and still scooting (painful for her), fussy eater. In one week, a compounding pharmacy will give us chews with  an antibiotic with anti-inflammatory properties that helps cats with IBD-colitis.  If that doesn't work, we up her budesonide (gut-only steroid).  If that doesn't work, she's going to need a colonoscopy ... and our vet volunteered to take her to his alma mater in Virginia to the vet he considers the best in the U.S. at GI things. 

So I've got 3 sick family members on my hands, but we're the Schmoo Family and we don't give up.  Especially because we have good people like you in our cheering section -- when we're down and covered in bandages, you lift us right back up:

Schmoo team.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Oh Sammycat I wish all the news was better but Lord knows you and your DH have been down some very rough roads in the past and then things woudl get better. I will say extra prayers tongith before I go to sleep for your entire ailing trio.I hope the injection does help and doesn't give him a headache as they did to me.Is he taking anything for pain and using ice?

Your vet is just as kind,caring and wonderful as you and i hope and pray that God will help these 2 kitty's to start to feel better.

The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Honored Contributor

Sammycat, I am praying for all of you. There is a lot of strength in your words. The Schmoo clan is there with you in spirit. A circle of love. 

980x.jpg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Schmoo ornament 1.jpg

Sammycat...

I haven't been able to post here since earlier this week and am getting caught up now.

I'm sending tons more very special healing prayers to DH and am also praying that some of his pain has subsided.

Sending tons more very special healing prayers and Love Hugs to your beautiful girls.

((((((HeartFRANKIE & FAY WRAYHeart)))))))

New...

Praying that all is well with Mrs.T and Trey and that those dear kitties come back to you ASAP.

Tissyanne...

Bless you for starting that special prayer thread for Sammycat,DH and their girls. I'm going to post there as soon as I'm done here.

-------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Miss Sammycat this is Libby and I just wanted to say that we our family are praying for your two kitties and your husband. And for you to power though for your family of Schmoo. I have added your two kitties to my prayer list and a special prayer will be sent to heaven for them. And I hope Mr. Sammycat feels better soon. Godspeed and mom says take care of yourself too so you can take care of your family. Your friend LibbyHeart

Esteemed Contributor

Sunday report:  Greetings, all!  Thank you, Libby, for seeking us out and always praying for our family -- and, yes, I hear your mother's advice to take care of myself.  She is wise as always.  Heart

Our hearts tonight go out to Streetangel and her family at the unspeakably tragic loss of her daughter and her daughter's father in a terrible car accident.  Streetangel's the kind of friend who is the first in line to offer comfort and congratulations. When Schmoo was ill, she and poster SLH -- both early risers -- were always the first to give me that day's encouragement.

Her fight and her enthusiasm kept me going on many a dark day.  She wrote this to me on the very first day I started this thread, Jan.14, 2011, and I would like to say it applies to her more now:

"Sammycat, I wish I had advice, but alas, it fails me.  I think both of you are just doing marveously in dealing with things on a day-by-day basis...I pray you are comforted to know that we, here, are sharing your sorrow as best we can, and that we would give anything to have your circumstances reversed."

Streetangel, state boundaries may separate so many of us here, but at heart, we are closer than you think:

Schmoo we are close.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Oh my Sammycat how kind of you to share Streets special words.Of course I am brought to tears. I hope she can feel all of our prayers giving her the strength she will need to get through this. Her kitty Radar also might have an issue,a lump on his belly and will be seeing his vet soon so if eveyrone coudl please include Radar in their prayers that would be wonderful.

I hope your DF is feeling ok after his shot and praying he gets some relief. Also praying that your girls have a turnaround and both of them feel better and stronger with each day.

The Rainbow Bridge!!!