Honored Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

Beastie, Enjoy the wedding, and your kitties will be fine. They surely know that you would not leave them for long. I hope you have a wonderful time. You certainly deserve it. Thank you for all your prayers and kind words. Smiley Happy
Trusted Contributor

Thanks Dear Friends, Your kind words brought out the  tears  that needed to come.  I needed that hug. I now am resolute to be strong for the next 6 months and go through this again with Mom each step of the way.  She received the news about the blood clot, so more testing needed on that as well.  But we are ready to do this again, and I know we have the eye of a very special Precious Kitty watching us, and you my friends lifting us in prayer...so off we go!  And I told the J's last night that they would need to go visit there other house often and give there other Mommy special hugs and love, so they are ready to go as well.  ((hugs dear friends, have a Blessed Weekend)

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sunday report:  Good Sunday evening, fellow Schmoosters.  Sorry for a delay in writing -- right after our return from New York, the Kitty Sitter came in for a visit this week and she just left yesterday.  It did my heart good to see her.

But the cares of losing Chubby and her father these past months -- as well as getting her mother moved to independent living housing, managing her affairs and selling her parents' home -- were worn on her face. We fed her some good old East Coast home cooking (stuffed cabbage, one of her faves) and got her good and rested before she packed up for the West Coast.

Tonight, my heart broke when we received an email from Schmoo's other Kitty Sitter, a former colleague and young lady who took care of Fergus, Sammy the Cat, Sophie and Schmoo over a 15-year period.  Amanda told us this past weekend that she lost her beloved Archie, a kitty she adopted some 15 years ago when I first worked with her.  He had a seizure Thursday and declined rapidly.  Archie was her kitty soul mate.  She had other kitties, dogs and horses, but Archie held her heart.

Please if you feel so inclined to say a prayer for two wonderful women who have cared for our pets for so long and who find themselves nursing broken hearts.  I know it will make a difference just as they have made an enormous difference in the lives of me and my husband -- as is obvious from the photo Amanda took of Schmoo nearly 10 years ago while sitting for us.  He's got a bandage around his waist but his joy for his local kitty sitter is obvious:

Schmoo LePew 2.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone. Sammycat I surely will say a prayer for both of your friends,KS and Amanda. So sorry Amanda lost her Archie and sending prayers for her broken heart. I'm so glad KS came for a visit and got to enjoy some good food and company.You're very fortunate to have such good friends and vice versa. Mr Schmoo will surely welcome Archie and show him the ropes.

Shop I'm not just praying for your Mom but for you as you have been through so much too and to have to see your Mom so sick from the meds is so hard on you too. I pray that she will be able to endure her treatment and still have quality of life. She must be a pretty amazing woman.

Tissyanne hoping your Sugarbear is till doing better,prayers for you both too.

brb hope you are ok and come and post soon.Praying you have found some relief.

beastie hope you're enjoying Vermont,bring home some of their maple syrup,it must be amazing

newtoallthis hope the stryas are still hanging around and you're making some headway.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Honored Contributor

Schmoo LePew 2.jpg

Monday Evening GreetingsCat Happy

Sending out lots of very special Comfort prayers to Kitty Sitter and Amanda. Before I posted here I lit a memorial candle for sweet Archie at the pet loss dot com site.

Sending out more special healing prayers to Shop's mom,beauty,BRB,DH,and the rest of the members of this dear family who are in need.

Sending more special prayers to all of the precious furbabies who are in need,to the thousands of precious animals who are spending yet another night in a shelter while they desperately wait to be rescued,and to the thousands of precious homeless and abandoned animals who are trying to survive the mean streets of this county.

Wishing everyone a peaceful and pleasant night and a peaceful and pleasant tomorrow.Cat Happy

((((((((((HeartGROUP HUGHeart))))))))))

--------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Trusted Contributor

I will certainly be praying for Kitty Sitter and for your friend/kitty sitter's  loss of her beloved Archie.

Trusted Contributor

Lifting Kittysitter and Your Dear Friend up in prayer.  We know Archie has found Dear Friends in Heaven and is now running around care free healthy and well.

Esteemed Contributor

Wednesday report:  Thanks, friends, for your kind words and prayers for our Kitty Sitters, young and more mature.

When Amanda and I worked in the same office, I occasionally would pen a few haiku (Japanese 3-line poem with 5, 7, then 5 syllables respectively) to lighten the day-to-day grind.

Well Amanda wondered if I could do some haiku for her cat Archie, who she called her "purr-monster."  Today I sent her 3 of them that I wrote just for her and her beloved cat -- and she wrote back saying that she and her mother cried when they read them, and that she'll treasure them forever.

I thought you might like to read them, because they could really apply to so many of us and our feline friends:

You’re purr-monster love,
Happiness wrapped in fur, my
Angel forever

Morning paws on nose
Evening paws on dinner plate
You made your mark, boy

You and me, Archie
Forever together and
In my heart, always

Honored Contributor

Praying for both Kitty Sitters during these difficult days. I am sorry about Archie. Sugarbear is doing pretty good. She is eating good, but spendshe a lot of time in her carrier. She seems to feel secure in there. I keep fresh flannel blanket in it for her. The cats that I found seem to have vanished. I keep calling them, but do not hear anything.
Honored Contributor

Sorry for the mixed wording above. I am using my phone, and can't edit.