Esteemed Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

Wednesday report:  Tissyanne, you made my day with the report that Sugarbear is feeling much better -- YAY!

Another positive report:  the SPCA Executive Director and Humane Officer that neglected to seize Libre from his abuser and press charges has had her humane officer appointment vacated by a judge in response to the DA's request to have her removed.  She then "resigned" from the exec director job -- so some justice has been done on Libre the pup's behalf!

The district attorney is determined to set things right in that area.  There ARE strong, good people in this world protecting our animals:

Schmoo dad.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Hi Dear Friends,  I am coming today with sad news.  We went for Mom's 1 month follow-up after going off of treatment and we were shocked to see her platelets dropped  to an all time low and chemo treatment needs to resume ASAP.  We were hoping that with the last treatment even though she could not stay on the treatment, it brought her counts to a good level while she was on it.  We hoped those counts would last for a few months.  Needless to say we are very saddened with this news.  She will be back in the chemo chair Sep. 1st.  the treatment will last for 6 months, twice monthly treatments lasting about 6 hours each day.  Another hurdle we will get past, just not ready for this news.

Thanks for any prayers sent her way..((hugs dear friends))

Trusted Contributor

I am so sorry to hear this news. I most certainly will be praying for your mom and you!

Respected Contributor

Shop, I am so sorry to hear about your Mom's set-back, I hope the oncologist can try a different chemo that isn't quite so hard on her this time around!  Prayers going up!

Honored Contributor

Schmoo dad.jpg

Thursday Evening Greetings

Sammycat...

Thank you for poting the photo of the beautiful charm that DH bought for you. I know that it will bring you lots of well deserved Good Luck!Cat Very Happy

Shop...

My heart aches for you and your mom. Sending tons more very special healing prayers her way and tons more Comfort Hugs to the both of you.

(((((SHOP & HER MOM))))))

Tissyanne...

That's such wonderful mews about Sugarbear!!!

beauty...

Sending tons more very special healing prayers your way and tons more very special Comfort Hugs too. Hoping that the pain that you've been dealing with has subsided.

(((((((BEAUTY)))))))

I'm going to be "off the grid" for the next 3 days. My beloved neice is getting married in Vermont on Saturday...and I'm heading up to Stowe tomorrow.I'll be back late Sunday afternoon.

I really hate Cat Madpacking and have yet to start!!! Better get a move on because I'm being picked up tomorrow morning at 9:00 AM!

A good friend of mine will be stopping by to feed my precious kitties (and do the scooping chores!) but I'm a bit worried. I've never been away from them for that long of a period of time (done some overnight stuff) and I hope that they don't think that I've deserted them. Guess I'm just being a nervous mommy!

Wishing everyone a peaceful and pleasant night and an equally peaceful and pleasant week-end.Cat Happy

--------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Honored Contributor

@newtoallthis wrote:
Tissyanne I am thrilled beyond words to hear your Sugarbear is feeling better and eating good. I have prayed for this precious kitty and will continue to do so! Give her kisses and chin scratches and snuggles from me!

@newtoallthis, thank you so very much for your prayers.  She has perked up, and she is quite the little eater. Smiley Happy I will deliver your kisses, chin scratches, and snuggles. Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

Good evening Schmoosters, 

This evening I went into the back yard here, and thought I heard "mew mew". Hmmm, I thought that sounds like a familiar baby sound, so I went around the side of our fenced in yard where my DH keeps some yard equipment on a concrete area covered with a big tarp. Well, much to my surprise there was a young mama kitty, and I saw one kitten about 6 weeks old. 😀 Guess who had a nice paper plate filled with cat food tonight? You guessed it, and I did get hissed at. Lol. I will check into this situation tomorrow. 

Esteemed Contributor

Thursday report:  Greetings Schmoosters!

Shop, we're all so sorry to hear about the setback in your Mom's readings.  Breathe deeply, count to 10 and imagine the Schmoo Clan hugging you at once -- with the Furry One himself closest to you ... because we are close to you and will be as you and your Mom face this next challenge.

Beastielove, your kitties will be fine -- relax and try to have a good time at the wedding this weekend!

And Tissyanne, it looks like you've got one more than one blessing in your back yard -- keep us posted!

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone. Shope I am so sorry to read the latest news on your Mom and will surely be praying for her and that she wil be able to endure her treatments in Sept. Prayers for you too.

Tissyanne so glad yoru little sUgarbear is improving,such happy news. Looks like you now have some ferals to take care of. Bless youf or feeding them.

beastie I'm sure your babies will be ok but they will miss you.You are lucky you have someone who will look after them. Have a safe trip and a good time. Vermont is so where I want to live,can you swing by and drop me off there,lol.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Honored Contributor

Shop, I am saddened that your Mom is going to be taking treatments so soon again. My prayers are with her, and you also. I know the both of you are very strong, and of course, the Schmoo clan will be right there beside ya'll in spirit. God Bless.