Trusted Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

Sammy,  Lifting your DH in prayer that relief is found from pain swallowing difficulties, our prayer is he is feeling better very soon.

Dear Friends, I hope each of you are as well as possible this week.  Be careful during this heatwave..(Hugs)

Honored Contributor

beastie,

You made my day. Those two older kitties adopted together, after spending 2 years in a shelter is beyond wonderful. Thank you beastie for all you do, and for sharing this happy news. Smiley Happy Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Tuesday report:  Greetings, Friends of Schmoo, and thank you from both DH and I for your prayers and good wishes for his tests.  He had his cervical (neck) MRI today and he's very sore from it -- hopefully we'll have an answer on how his degenerative disc disease is affecting his spine, soon.  He has the upper GI for the esophagus problem Friday (he can swallow food -- it just gets stuck very low in the esophagus, where no amount of swallowing pushes it down. Painful!)

Thanks come out from the Kitty Sitter for your prayers for Stumpy the kitty. 

Cheers to our own Beastielove for her kindness of heart and enormous spirit and energy in working for animals who need forever homes!  The story of the two older kitties touched me deeply.  Soon, I'll tell you a somewhat different but similar story.

The heat wave here is very bad and it's knocking the starch out of me because I'm working primarily outdoors in these conditions ... and in the evening, I'm trying to get my materials ready to pitch the Schmoo Tales to editors and agents in New York City early next month.   

I had a dream about Schmoo the other night.  There was a storm, and water was coming up fast on our home, and Schmoo was swept under the waves.  DH called out in the dream:  "Hang on Schmoo, your Mommy will save you!"  I plunged under the water and instinctively reached out and found him, then swam back to the house, where DH pulled us out of the water.

It was pretty much the life we led together, except there was no water and I was only able to save him for a short while:

Schmoo and Mom Jan 2013.jpg

Valued Contributor

@Sammycat1 and DH, @Tissyanne, Sugarbear & family, @Shop Till you Drop, Doubles Js, and family, @beauty junkie, DH, family, Goldie & Cookie, @beastielove, family, and furry crew; @newtoallthis, family & furry friends, Kitty Sitter & Stumpy, ALL friends of Schmoo-

I am sending thoughts and prayers to our Heavenly Father for you all to find strength, peace, comfort, and healing. May you all be blessed. ❤️

image.jpeg

Valued Contributor

@Tissyanne wrote:

beastie,

You made my day. Those two older kitties adopted together, after spending 2 years in a shelter is beyond wonderful. Thank you beastie for all you do, and for sharing this happy news. Smiley Happy Heart

AMEN @Tissyanne

Honored Contributor

@brbfromTX

Good Evening, I hope that you are doing okay. I am, except tired of the hot weather. We did get a quick rainstorm yesterday. I stood at the front door, and loved every drop of it. I wish I could see rain a few times a week. Something about the thunder, and rain put me in a state of bliss. Smiley Happy 

I pray that you are feeling well. Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Thursday report:  Hello, all!  I'm so happy to report that the county district attorney and our state police are investigating what happened with Libre the poor abused, neglected puppy (who is doing much better).  Also, one of our state legislators is writing a bill now to make animal cruelty a felony in Pennsylvania.  It's a start!

We got DH's MRI results back on his neck.  From working closely with orthopedic surgeons for years in my former life, I could easily read the results and they're not good.  We're awaiting a call from the surgeon to see the possible remedies.  He's in a lot of pain but still driving and going to work -- mostly because he's stubborn.

What else do you expect from the Dad of Schmoo?

Schmoo Daddy helper.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone. Sammycat so sorry your DH is in such pain.I'm praying he won't need surgery and that his test tomorrow is fine and all he will need is medication. Thats exactly what would happen to my Mom,food stuck and she would have to go to the ER. She was given a liquid medication,like a liquid version of zantac or something like that and it helped She always had to be careful and cut everything very small and basically she stayed away from meat which caused the most trouble for her.I so hope all he needs is medicne.

Shop hope your Mom and Joet are feeling better.

brb hope you're doing ok.

Tissyanne hope your Mom,son and Sugarbear are doing well

beastie God Bless you for all you for animals. I have seen updates on that poor little Libre on FB and keep him in my prayers and hope the person responsible goes to he** and soon.

newtoallthis hope the strays are still dining at your house. If I forgot anyone I'm sorry. Not feeling too great,having terrible neuropathy and just tired but like Schmoo I will not let it get me down. 

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Valued Contributor

@Sammycat1 So glad to hear there may be justice for Libre!!!  They should name the new law Libre's Law. Sure hope DH takes care and get relief soon. Waving to and sending love & hugs to @Sammycat1@Tissyanne@beauty junkie@Shop Till you Drop@beastielove@newtoallthis, @anikabrody, and ALL Schmoosters ❤️

Respected Contributor

Sammycat, I will keep your DH in my prayers, along with all the rest of the Schmoo clan who are facing challenges, blessings on you all!