Esteemed Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

Tuesday report:  Greeting Schmoosters!  Well we've gone from the 50s to 90 within one day -- summer is here!

Beauty Junkie, I hope your CT scan went well and your doctors have figured out your poor sinuses...update us when you feel well enough to do so.

A funny story for all.  I was on the battlefield today and while talking to my tourists, I had the sensation of something big crawling up my shirt sleeve...and the something big was gnawing on me! 

Trying to actual casual so as not to alarm them, I tried to brush it out of my sleeve.  But the thing was BIG.  I panicked, thinking it was a wolf spider (they're hairy and awful, and I hate spiders), but it was smooth, whatever it was.  Anyway, after jiggling around like my arm was on fire, I got the thing out of there.

But I never saw what it was --- *shudder*.  It was probably best that way.  I wish Sophie our tortie was still with me -- she would have knocked it out cold.  She feared nothing:  no bugs, no insects.  She just kicked kitty butt and took them OUT:

Schmoo Soph warrior.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone. Sammycat I am laughing at your story but now feel antsy like somethings crawling on me. I admire your restraint as I wouldo have been screaming and asking perfect strangers to look up my sleeve,lol

Had my Ct and the good news is my infection is gone. I have a small cyst on my sinus but thats not an issue and I have only 1 sinus,something very rare.I never knew this. My problem is TMJ and its pretty severe. My jawbone on both sides is completly worn down,bone on bone form my RA and lupus. Not much can be done,warm compresses,and medications. I have ha dmy jaw lock on me and thats painful so I am to be careful never to open too wide.I am glad I odn't need any sinus surgery and the infection cleared up.

Hope everyone is doing well and safe from storms. We had some here in Fl and are expecting more.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Honored Contributor

Oh my Sammycat, if I even imagined that a wolf spider was near me -----well, it would be bad. Alarms would be going off. I can well imagine how you felt. 

beauty, I am glad to read that you got your rest results. I hope you can get your pain under control now that you know what it is. Smiley Happy 

Schmoo clan, we took our son in today to his dr, and it appears the remaining kidney stone is gone. They said when they broke up the other one it likely broke apart, as they were right on top of each other. We are grateful, and thankful. 

Trusted Contributor

Hi Dear Friends, Hope everyone is having a nice week.  

BJ- I am so very happy to hear things went as well as possible with your scan.  I hope you can get some relief in the coming days.  Tissy- Good news about your son.  Maybe things are looking up, I sure hope so.  

I am going to start a four day weekend and am really happy about that!  I need to run sweet Jake up to see Dr. B to get some relief from his skin issues, then ready for some good  time off.  Looks like its going to be rainy, but I will still  take it.

Have a great day friends ((hugs))

Super Contributor

Hello Sammycat and Schmoo friends. I always read and keep up with what's going on but have had trouble with "new" format so don't post often. Had to tell my spider story though. My Shy-Annie, in her healthier days, was a great hunter. In the late Fall we get invaded with Wolf/Hobo spiders. I am SO afraid of them, I can't even describe how bad. Over the years, I've had several cats who were great hunters. The spiders come out mostly at night and I would often find spider bodies but rarely saw a live one. One night when Annie was younger she made the worst sound I've ever heard coming from a cat. I literally thought she must be dying. I turned on the bedroom light and was just getting out of bed to go look for her when she came running in the bedroom, opened her mouth and out ran a huge spider. It ran under my bed. She ran in after it and brought it back out to play with I guess. It got away from her several times but she was always able to catch it again. I finally couldn't stand watching anymore and made myself be brave enough to get out of bed and kill the spider and flush it. BAD mistake. The rest of the night Annie spent jumping up on the bed, crying, looking for HER spider. I could almost hear her saying, "Mom, have you seen my spider?I know it's here somewhere." Very long night!

An update on Annie: She is doing OK. Isn't getting the awful nail bed infections that spread to her inner ears. She goes in about every 6 weeks for a cortisone shot for the congenital hip problem pain. My grandcat, Georgie, is still living with me and Annie. He is a big, beautiful yellow kitty and a very loving kitty. We're doing well.

I pray often for those in need here on Mr. Schmoo's forum. I love reading your happy/success stories and hurt with you when the news isn't so good. Thank you, again, Sammycat for keeping Mr. Schmoo's friends together this way.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Schmoosters,

Tonight I'm able to do only a cryptic post with no photo...windows 10 is being forcibly upgraded on my desktop and it takes hours.  I'll be back tomorrow to respond to your posts!

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone. Tissyanne so happy your son passed the stone and is doing ok. My hubby said a kidney stone was osme of the worst pain he ever had.

Shop glad you will be having a 4 day weekedn. bet the boys will love that and I hope the vet helps with Joey's skin issue.

Grand so nice to se eyou posting here. Your story about the spider in Annies mouth,oh my.I think I would have had a heart attack.When we first moved into our home I went to the bathroom in the middle of the night and saw a spider on steroids.It was the biggest thing I had ever seen and my husband was sleeping so I grabbed like 1000 kleenex and went to kill it and then 2 million babies came running out. I am screaming like mad,hubby dooesn't wake up so i got a can of raid and spayed the entire can and shut the door. When hubby went in there the almond colored tile was black,all dead spiders.The exterminator came that day and said we got lucky cause she could have had the babies in the walls. Any wonder why I have health problems,lol

Sammycat good luck with windows updates,used to drive me mad.

Hope everyone is doing ok and anyone out in the midwest is safe from those storms.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Honored Contributor

beauty junkie wrote:

Hi everyone. Tissyanne so happy your son passed the stone and is doing ok. My hubby said a kidney stone was osme of the worst pain he ever had.

Shop glad you will be having a 4 day weekedn. bet the boys will love that and I hope the vet helps with Joey's skin issue.

Grand so nice to se eyou posting here. Your story about the spider in Annies mouth,oh my.I think I would have had a heart attack.When we first moved into our home I went to the bathroom in the middle of the night and saw a spider on steroids.It was the biggest thing I had ever seen and my husband was sleeping so I grabbed like 1000 kleenex and went to kill it and then 2 million babies came running out. I am screaming like mad,hubby dooesn't wake up so i got a can of raid and spayed the entire can and shut the door. When hubby went in there the almond colored tile was black,all dead spiders.The exterminator came that day and said we got lucky cause she could have had the babies in the walls. Any wonder why I have health problems,lol

Sammycat good luck with windows updates,used to drive me mad.

Hope everyone is doing ok and anyone out in the midwest is safe from those storms.

beauty...

I absolutely loved your Amazing Spidey Adventure!! Thanks for the laugh!

------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Esteemed Contributor

Friday report:   Now that Windows 10 is on the computer and DH finished beating it into submission, I'm back in the saddle.

So good to hear from everyone!  Grandkidsrgreat, we miss you but know you're out there reading away.  Your spidey story featuring Annie gave me laughs and the creepy-crawlies!  I'm glad everyone in your brood is hanging in there.  Beauty, you're a lot braver than me.  I do not perform any "spidey extermination" in our house -- that's DH's job -- and I would have passed out straight away seeing that situation.

Tissyanne, I'm glad your son passed that kidney stone.  DH had one that I had to rush him to the ER for; nothing was as bad as seeing a tall guy crumpled into a fetal ball over that agony.  ShopTillYouDrop, hope the J's are A-OK and that you'll be able to relax a little this weekend.

Because of my allergies and the oppressive heat/humidity, I managed to get a nice post-nasal drip that's keeping me a bit low, so we're having a quiet one ourselves.  I always watch the Memorial Day concert in D.C. shown on PBS -- it never fails to move me to see tributes to our fallen veterans.  I always get a lump in my throat thinking about them, heroes no longer with us:

Schmoo Mommy 2.jpg 

Honored Contributor

Schmoo family,

I am wishing each of you a quiet weekend full of peace. Each one of us could use this it seems. 

I know that I am spending a quiet day and evening which brings me peace. 

My sweet Sugarbear is doing well. She brings joy into my life each and everyday. I was laying down resting late this afternoon and she began talking to alert me it was dinner time. Sweet girl. Smiley Happy