Esteemed Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

Friday report:  Happy Friday evening, Schmoo Clan!  I was remiss in not posting last night because this week has been punishing physically -- but I was able to do more work on the battlefield than I had on average in a week in the past three years!

Beauty, I'm glad to hear you're improving a little with that sciatica flare.  Tissyanne, sorry to hear that your back is now flared up; I hope it's temporary and eases soon.

Today, DH and I took a nice trip to the bookstore (we have to drive almost an hour to get to a decent one) and I rewarded myself with some new books about cats and inspirational books on writing.  He also bought me some new lined notebooks with cool covers.

I do my writing on a computer but "dream" my ideas on pen and paper. That's when the best memories of my magnificent boy float to the top of my consciousness and come to life again through my pen: 

Schmoo inspiration.jpg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Schmoo editor.jpg

Saturday Morning Greetings

I noticed that the Q has made yet another change to the boards. When I went to Heart the posts that I've missed for the past few days I noticed that it's now a "thumbs up" symbol and I am not a Happy Camper with that!!!Cat Mad

FYI...next month will make a year since they destroyed the original boards with their "upgrade" and we lost so many much loved threads...including Sammycat's original Schmoo thread. I'll get off of my soapbox now! Just had to vent my feelings!

Sending lots of healing prayers to Tissyanne and her son, beauty and her DH,brb, and to all of the other dear members of this purr-cious family who are still in need.

Wishing Sammycat,DH,KS, and the entire Clan a very pleasant and totally chill-laxing day and sending tons of Heart's to all of you!!!

HeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

-------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone. Sammycat I'm glad you're ok as i worry when you don't post. 

Love the picture of MrSchmoo all curled up and covering his eyes,so sweet.

Tissyanne hope your back feels better. Backpain can be se debilitating as Sammycat and I both know. My back is bad,needs surgery but they don't want to operate on me so I just get steroid shots and do what I can.

Finally I am having my CT scan of the head and neck this Tuesday and maybe they will get this sinus thing under control,I hope so.

beastie if they cahnge this forum one more time I may scream. I hate when they make changes.

Shout out to all of the Schmoo Clan and hope eveyrone is doing well.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Saturday report:  Hi everyone.  Pouring down rain today, so indoor activities only.  If we have 3 straight sunny days in a row someday, I won't know how to act! 

Beastie and Beauty, I couldn't agree more on these forum changes.  I make it easy on myself and just bookmark both the Pet Forum and the Schmoo thread -- what can I say, I'm an old f*rt and it's easier.

Beauty I hope get that CT and they get you some relief for those sinuses.  My allergies have hit the roof suddenly this weekend; I'm using all the allergy meds in my arsenal and it's still not cutting it.

One thing that Schmoo didn't suffer from -- one of few things -- was allergies or food intolerances or asthma.  Thank goodness!  We had enough of a battle on our hands as it was -- a battle I'd go through a thousand times again if given the opportunity:

Schmoo battle.jpg

Honored Contributor

Schmoo fervor.jpg

Sunday Morning Greetings

Wishing my very special and much loved family a very peaceful and blessed day.HeartCat Happy

(((((((((GROUP HUG)))))))))

-------------------------------

Esteemed Contributor

Sunday night:  I giggled tonight even as I ordered today's TSV, the Amazon Echo.  It brought me back to Schmoo, who, despite being an elderly gentleman when falling ill, was quite the high-tech wizard.

He played games on the iPad, had playlists on the iMac devised for him by DH and ooo, he loved him some laser toy.  Despite being an old soul, he had the latest in everything.

What's the latest in your family and with your furbabies?  The Clan would like to know:

Schmoo high tech.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Happy Monday Friends!!

Sammy that picture is so great!!!!

The J's are kinda technically challenged I'm afraid to say.  They look at me like Mommy not again taking our pictures! And they dont seem to like music very much, or worse than worse, dont let me sing to them.  They exit stage right real quick.  They do love a toy with a loud squeaker, and Jakey tries his best to destroy within 10 minutes.  When I am on the computer or am reading on a tablet, they seem to crawl right up in my lap and use those little paws to push my hands away so that they land on them for some good lovin!

But I love those Boy's to the Sun and  the Moon and Back Again, Forever and a Day, and  they never seem to tire of hearing  those words in their precious ears each day.

Hugs Dear Friends, Have a Blessed Week.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sammycat1 wrote:

Sunday night:  I giggled tonight even as I ordered today's TSV, the Amazon Echo.  It brought me back to Schmoo, who, despite being an elderly gentleman when falling ill, was quite the high-tech wizard.

He played games on the iPad, had playlists on the iMac devised for him by DH and ooo, he loved him some laser toy.  Despite being an old soul, he had the latest in everything.

What's the latest in your family and with your furbabies?  The Clan would like to know:

Schmoo high tech.jpg

Monday Evening Greetings

Sammycat... To answer your query...Thankfully all of my precious kittehs are feline fine. I never expected to have this many but Divine Providence meant for our paths to cross so that I could save their lives.

Tabitha...turned 14 in February. She's showing her age...but happily she's still hanging in there.

Samantha... turned 13 at the beginning of May.

Henry... will turn 12 in August. He's a big boy...looks a lot like Schmoo only his paws are all white which makes him look like he stood in a bowl of mashed potatoes.

Jack.. will turn 10 in June. He's also a big boy and he and Henry love to chase each other all around the cottage. Unfortunately they like to do this in the middle of the night!

Olivia... She's going to turn 3 in June and loves to run around the cottage with her big brothers.

All of them especially enjoy leaving me their charming "love gifts" of wet,gross hairballs (in places where I'll be sure to step in them) and on very rare occasions, the corpse of some unfortunate wee fieldmouse that somehow made it's way into the cottage (my kittehs stay inside 24/7).

beauty...

I know that you have your CAT scan tomorrow and am praying that all goes well.

Wishing everyone a peaceful night and a fabulous tomorrow!Cat Very Happy

--------------------------------------------

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Monday report:  @Shop Till you Drop, I had to chuckle about those low-tech Double J's, bless them -- you tell tham that their "Aunt Sammycat" is low-tech, too -- although I'll have to get up to speed for that amazon echo.

@beastielove I enjoyed hearing about your entire brood -- from their ages to their fur colors to their unique selves.  Heaven for me would be falling into your cottage by accident and being surrounded by them.

Schmoo Clan, please say a prayer tonight for our beloved @beauty junkie, who is having a CT scan tomorrow to get to the bottom of some nasty sinus issues.  She's always cheerful when checking with us, but she's been miserable due to these problems.

If you could, too, please put in a good word for poster Mustangshar, whose cavalier pup may have something called Syringomyelia, or SM -- a progressive neurological disease that affects this breed.  Her Chloe is in the animal hospital with bad neck pain and she's beside herself with anxiety as she awaits the diagnostics.

Oh how these furry emissaries of Heaven on this earth -- feline and canine alike -- grab a hold of our hearts:

Schmoo Fergus brother.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone and thank you beastie and Sammycat for the prayers. Hope to find out why the infection isn't going away.

Sop thats so funny that your boys odn't liek when you sing to them. Both Cookei and Goldie love it when I sing and i have the most awful voice ever,couldn't carry a tune in a wheel barrel but they close their eyes and purr when i sign and I sound a little bit like the Nanny,lol.35 years in Fl but never lost my NY accent.

Sammycat how awful for that odg Chloe and I will for sure add her in my prayers. I hate to hea rof any animals suffering. My ocusind doxie had something called SARDS and she went blind but luckily is adjusting to that but is so sad.I wish our pets never had to get sick,just go to sleep when its time when its time to go to Heaven.

Hope everyone is doing ok. brb hasn't been here in a while and hope Tussyannes back is doing better.

newtoallthis hope you are ok and Mr&Mrs are still dining at your place.I so hope you see kittens soon.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!