Honored Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

Hello Schmoo family,

I hope everyone had a good weekend. We had light rain yesterday with 40 degree temps. Is this mid May? Smiley Happy I loved it. Today looks sunny and will be in the 80 range. 

Sammycat, thank you for the update on Kitty Sitter. I can imagine that she has been under stress, and selling a home under the circumstances has to be very difficult. Please tell her she is in my thoughts and prayers. 

beauty, your story about Goldie brought a much needed smile to my heart. How blessed she is to have found you and DH. I can see her in my mind's eye rolling and wanting to be brushed. My Sugarbear likes to be brushed too, and her sweet sister could only tolerate a little brushing. Then she would attack the brush. Lol. 

brbfromTX, I hope you are doing well, and you are always in my thoughts and prayers. I always look for your posts. Smiley Happy

Everyone enjoy your day. 

Trusted Contributor

Hi Dear Friends, I hope everyone had a pleasant weekend.  We had unusual cool and cloudy weather in Dallas over the weekend, strange weather patterns for sure.

Sammy the last several pictures you have posted of Precious Schmoo are just beyond wonderful.  The one was Friday needs to be framed on my desk...love IT!

Have a great week Friends (Hugs to all)

Esteemed Contributor

Monday report:  Good Monday evening, Friends.

DH has been a little low today -- it's two years today since his father passed away, and he misses him terribly.

He misses his character ... his strength, wisdom, patience, courage and loving nature -- qualities he doesn't realize that he long ago developed himself but tends to discount in himself.

That's what fathers do, though, isn't it?   They put their beloved ones, human and furry, first above all else.  And that's why we love them so -- they're the steady, strong hands that soothe and protect us forever:

Schmoo dad.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Tuesday report:  Today while trying to work on the Schmoo Tales and not doing so well, struggling through the emotional toll it's taking, so I took a break and looked up from the computer screen ... and smiled.

Across the room I have a dry erase board that I've written ideas and chapter notes on -- and, in the lower corner, propped up by DH, is a postcard.  It comes from a local attraction, a diorama featuring cats as the soldiers in the battle here.

They sell postcards, and the one on my board shows a tiny Union soldier cat, clad in blue, keeping the flag -- torn by battle -- aloft.  There's one word above them in bold, capital letters:  courage.

That little card is a good reminder. Schmoo had courage.  I had it once, too, to take care of him. You had it -- and do, still, in our friendships with one another. I have to have it now to complete his legacy. 

Good thing I had an excellent role model:

Schmoo and Mommy at vet - heart disease.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone. Sammycat you have so much courage,just like your boy had and you will get this book done and it will be a wonderful book and MrSchmoo himself will be bragging about it in Heaven and sharing his tales and telling his friends all that you and your DH did for him.I love the post card you described,it sure fits the situation.

TIssyanne I so wish I could show a picture of Goldie getting brushed. My hubby and I took turns briushing her today cause everytime we go out the door she is ready,lol.Hope you and your Mom are both feeling ok.

Shop,hoping things are going well for you,The double J's and your Mom.

beastie I enjoyed our chat on the phone the other night and hope you are doing well.

brb I don't know when your scans are but wishing you the very best and you are always in my prayers like everyone else.

newtoallthis hope you are oding ok. I knwo how much you miss your boy.I do hope that Trey Cat and his Mrs. are still coming by and soon will let  you touch them.

If I missed anyone I am sorry. I am on muscle relxers due to bad sciatica flare so forgive me and my typos,lol

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Trusted Contributor

Hi Dear Friends, Could hardly wait to get on the computer today.  I had a dream last night that was so real...I know, but I promise I havent lost it.  I woke up and thought THIS COULD HAPPEN!  Sammy you were on QVC selling the Schmoo tale with Carlolyn!!! People were calling in that read our board and sharing such loving thoughts on Schmoo and his tales and how it helped them through difficult times.  I was in  tears watching it all unfold on QVC and we were all  typing to each other as Sammy was air.  It was as if it was happening live and not in a dream.  I had a big lump in my throat when I woke up with tears streaming down my cheeks...Sammy not sure how the book will be sold, but YOU FINISHED IT, and it was published!  I still feel excitement this afternoon, Sammy  I am so proud of you and BIG HUGS to the whole clan, Life is better because of each of you..

Trusted Contributor

Oh Shop! That wasn't a dream, it was a VISION!!! That would be amazing to see Sammy Cat on QVC with her book!

Hello Tissyanne, Brb, beastielove, beautyjunkie, Sammycat! And everyone on the board! Forgive me if I left your name off!

Trey Cat and the Mrs are still dining on the Porch Cafe. I have seen no sign of any kittens. I spoke with my vet and he said give her another month. I'm afraid she will get pregnant again before I can trap her. I am no nearer touching them than before. He advised patience! Since I work, it's hard to spend any time outside with them. I so long to feel a kitty in my arms! He yowls loudly for breakfast at the door when he sees me, so he knows I am the resident Chef! She just about prances! She's such a timid little thing.

I tried having lunch with Trey one day. I placed his food at a safe distance from me and sat down at the table to eat. He was having none of it. He planted himself and glared at me. I moved his plate further away and he still sat and glared and  would not eat! I said "OK, you win!" I went inside and he dined alone. He did not want a dinner date apparently! I held my hand out the other day and he was far enough away not to be threatened, so he just stood hus ground.

Esteemed Contributor

Wednesday report:  Beauty Junkie, I'm sorry you have to be on the muscle relaxers.  They're a pain but they do help the sciatica flares to ease up -- I feel for you.

Newtoallthis, you keep at that "honeymoon" couple of Mr. and Mrs. Trey Cat.  I still have a good feeling about you being able to turn them around and come on in.

ShopTillYouDrop, that was an amazing, vivid dream -- thank you, thank you, thank you for recounting it!  And Newtoallthis, you're right, it's part of my vision. Shop, I read your post to DH and he said, "It's a sign!"

Ladies, I appreciate your confidence more than you know, consciously and from your subconscious, because this is the toughest project I've ever taken on.  But this community of friends is worth it and Schmoo is worth it -- and it WILL be done!

After all, I've got my friends here looking out for me, and my Editor-in-Chief is never far from my thoughts or my side:

Schmoo editor.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone. Shop that was an amazing dream and I think its a sign of whats to come. Can you just see all of us trying to call and talk to Sammycat while selling the book.I think QVC would be very smart if they were to sell the book since so many people know about MrSchmoo,even though many don't post here they know about him and they have seen how we became the Schmoo Clan,a family all due to the fabulous Mr.Schmoo.

Sammycat I hope you doing ok since you didn't post tonight.The muscle relaxers are helping and sleeping propped on pillows.

newtoallthis keep the faith,I'm sure TreyCat and his lady will someday come to trust you. It took well over a year to be able to stand near our Goldie and and at least another year before we could touch her. I used to stand near by and talk to her very gently so she would get used to my voice.It will happen,I know it. They know you care.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Honored Contributor

Good evening Schmoosters,

I cannot believe another week has gone by. Time seems to be flying for me. Soon, it will be our July holiday, then Halloween. Lol. We had a hot sunny day here, so I am thinking our cool rain has left us. 

Next week we see about the destruction of my son's remaining kidney stone. I am having back problems. I am not sure why. I do have a compression fracture from years ago, so not sure if this is related. 

Sammycat, I love the latest photos of our Schmoo boy. He is surely by your side even as you struggle to put his story into words. I know you will be successful in the end, because you and him have the same determined spirit. 

Everyone, beauty, brbfromTX, beastie, newtoallthis, shop, Sammycat, enjoy your weekend. Smiley Happy