Honored Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

[ Edited ]

Sammycat1 wrote:

Wednesday report:    Good evening, Schmoosters.  Tonight I had a good chuckle while writing a chapter on Schmoo and his litter box habits ... and it took me back when many posters would write "poo tunes" to encourage Schmoo to dance and get the internal pipes moving (for those of you not with us then, his myriad of medications often made him constipated).

Although so many contributed to his "playlist," the person who had the most #1 hits that produced the most successful #2s was Beauty Junkie.  It never failed when I'd sing one of her compositions that he'd make his way within the hour to the litter box and do the deed.

And when he was done and in repose shortly thereafter, his tail usually kicked upward, as in the photo below -- an indication since he came to live with us that he was lighter in his loafers and, indeed, feeling fine:

Schmoo lighter in loafers 2.jpg

Sammycat...

What a blast from the past!

I so well remember the outpouring of those famous "Schmoo Poo Tunes" whenever you posted that your boy was in  desperate need...and that you'd then let us know the wonderful "results" afterwards!

You should definitely include some of those brilliant gems in the book! I never contributed a "poo tune"...but did always send words of encoragement...something along the lines of Go,Schmoo! Go! Think that I have a future at Hallmark?!

Wishing Sammycat,DH,KS, and the pawsome Clan of Schmoo, aka Schmoosters, a beautiful day!Cat Very Happy

--------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Trusted Contributor

I love the Blast from the Past Thoughts.  I felt so bad for our Precious one when he needed  to go, and it was so great when he had relief.  I did love his tunes and BJ- yours were brilliant.  I could always imagine Sammy singing to Mister Schmoo those tunes...Yep, thought could be a chapter in itself for his book.((Hugs Friends))

P.S. Mom's appointment was pretty flat, no change this month!  We will take that for as long as we can..thanks for prayers!

Esteemed Contributor

Thursday report:  Fear not, Schmoo Fans, the "poo tunes" and the Schmoo Man's battles with the litter box will figure prominently in his book.  Glad you liked that "blast from the past."

Tonight, 4 paws up for ShopTillYouDrop's Mom, who's maintaining an even keel herself as she battles cancer!  That's wonderful news!

It's news like this that has the SophSoph "that's a little bit of all right" sign -- as in the photo below, where she's anointing DH with her "paw of approval:"

Schmoo Soph good news.jpg

Honored Contributor

Good evening Schmoo family,

I am listening to thunder, and rain. What a beautiful sound to me. There is nothing that compares, and it is welcomed here where we see very little of it. 

I am looking forward to a cool wet weekend, and I hope each of you has the weather that brings pleasure to you. 

beauty, my heart is with you and your DH during these most trying times. I pray for better tomorrows my friend. 

Shop, great news for your Mom and let us continue to pray for her to remain stable. 

I wanted to share this cute picture I found on facebook. So cute. 

13177218_1047684411964356_1557134027898742725_n.png.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Friday report:  Tissyanne, we're glad you have some rain -- it's rained nearly every day for 4 weeks now ... we should have sent some your way.  Also, great graphic of some cute kitties.

The Kitty Sitter is home again from assisting her mother with the sale of her home and, as with all return trips home, the minute she turns the key in the door, she misses her Chubby and Kiki-Girl.

Tomorrow she's heading to the 9 Lives Foundation, where she volunteers.  Many of you may know them for their work in saving a cat abused by being painted blue/purple and used as a chew toy for a dog -- his name is "Smurf."  This Foundation saved him.

I predict she'll get a good kitty fix while helping so many kitties who need kind hearts, like the guy photographed below, one year into his journey of living with us, a gent at age 11 whose golden years would be far better than his formative ones:

Schmoo in need.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone. Shop I am happy to read that your Mom's appointment went smoothly,good news and I hope she is feelingl well. My wish and what I pray for is for my hubby and your Mom and brb to all be called cancer free.

Tissyanne gla dyou ahev some rain. I hope  you are feleing better andnto so run down.Thanks for the prayers.Its been rough with both my hubby and i really under the weather but I must say having Cookie&Goldie make everything so much better.

Sammycat I hope KS is doing ok. I'm so glad she hleps out with that foundation.They need people with a heart like hers. I had seen many pictures of that poor Smurf kitty,God Bless them for saving that beautiful baby. I wonder if KS will ever foster again.

I look forward to the day I read Scmoo's Tails and know I will both laugh and cry remembering so many of his endeavors.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Saturday report:  I hope everyone is having a relaxing weekend -- as relaxing as you can and as pain free as possible.

Schmoo himself played hard (work to him!) but then he threw himself into relaxation with the fervor of an artist in the throes of creating a masterpiece.

He looked good while he did it, and nobody did it better:

Schmoo fervor.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone. Sammycat what a great picture of Mr Schmoo's pawsers,wow what a reach he had too. I hope all of the Schmoo Clan had a ncie weekend and ar feelign as well as can be. We are struggling a bit both my hubby and I but I have hope that things wil get better soon,they have too.

I wish I knew how to share pictures as I would love to show a picture of our feral kitty Goldie getting brushed and so loving it. We have to brush her a few times a day now as she rolls right over when she sees us and purrs,its truly precious especially if you knew how feral she was in the beginning and it took years to touch her.Proves what love and compassion can do.Ferals cats get such a bad rap,they just need to know we won't hurt them.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good early morning Schmoosters!  Prayers have been going up for you all! Sammycat, your boy, Schmoo is an inspiration as are your writings.   Beauty, I hope you and your DH can find relief soon, it sounds like your Goldie brings you much joy!  I could just see him getting his brushing. I hope that New's Mr. & Mrs. Trey  figure out that they can enjoy such a spoiled lifestyle if they can just trust a little bit more.  Hugs to Shop and her mom, Tissyanne, her mom andSugarbear, Beastie and crew and Anika Brodie, and to all other Friends of Schmoo!  My little crew of Dixie, Blondie, and Sami are doing well!

Honored Contributor

Schmoo fervor.jpg

Monday Morning Greetings

Sammycat...Totally loving this purr-cious photo of Schmoo!

Sending more special healing prayers to beauty and her DH,brb, Shop's and Tissyanne's moms, and to all of the other dear members of The Clan who are still in need.

Sending more special prayers to all of the precious furbabies who are in need, to all of the countless, precious animals who are in shelters, still waiting to be rescued, and to all of the precious homeless animals who are trying to survive on the mean streets.

Wishing everyone a wonder-fur day and that it marks the beginning of a week that brings each one of you much happiness and lots of good health!

(((((((((HeartGROUP HUGHeart))))))))))

-------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=