Esteemed Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

Tuesday report:  Wasn't I a sopping, tearful mess reading such wonderful encouragement from dear friends (AnikaBrodie, your advice and your graphics, including that "Just Do It" swoop crafted by you, are priceless!).  Very good suggestions, too, like Beastie's idea to take occasional breaks.  Shop, your direct words make all the difference.  Thank you Friends!  And thank you for your prayers for Schmoo's vet's Mom, too.

Tonight's report is dedicated to Beauty Junkie -- we are hoping to hear good news about your DH this week and are praying right along with you.  So to coax a smile from you in the meantime, I had to post a photo of the famous Schmoo pink paw pads:

Schmoo pink paw pads 3.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Oh my Goodness!!  That picture, those paws!!  love, love, love Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Hello Schmoosters, 

I hope each of you has a restful and peaceful sleep. We had a very cloudy cool day which I love. I think the rest of the week will begin to heat up. Smiley Sad Sammycat, I know you will push forward with Mr. Schmoo's book, and just take it one day at a time.  I am looking forward to getting to see it all expressed in the written word. One day at a time. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone and Sammycat thank you so much for the beautiful picture of MrSchmoo's pink jelly beans,love it. Everyone wrote such touching words and there's really not much I can add except you are an amazing writer,clearly we all know this by your posts. If anyone can tell Schmoo's life story its you,the Mother of this infamous kitty. Because of you we all got to know him quite well and fell in love with him.

I want to thank you all for the well wishes and prayers for my hubby. The Dr said his bladder is very swollen and irritated but he has an infection and that can be the cause and also the chemo may have caused the irritation. He is now on long term antibiotics and will have another scope in July. I am taking todays news as good news and hope in July there is no sign of any problem.

I am keeping everyone in my dialy oorayers as I always do. I'm not feeling too good so I may skip a day here and there posting but I always have you in my prayers. I may need my sinus's cleand out,not sure yet.Have such a sever infection thay they can't clea rup.Its my darn immune system doing this but like my friend Schmoo did,I'm fighting the fight.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Wednesday report:  Thanks Tissyanne and Beauty Junkie for your kind words.

Beauty, I'm here to say officially that you and your DH need a break already!  I'm sorry you feel so miserable yet I'm also encouraged that your husband's report is not negative.  We'll keep the prayers coming that the irritation ends and that July scope is clean as a whistle.

We have not seen the sun for 9 days and it's starting to make us crazy!  It looks like we won't see it until Mother's Day at the earliest.

What we need is Schmoo.  The sun always found him, even if only to kiss his ears with radiance:

Schmoo sun magnet.jpg

Valued Contributor

Sammycat-  I was reading all of our friends' words and I feel I couldn't say anything better- so I'm kind of stuck too!  Lol. Then I found this:image.jpeg

Keep looking at your Schmoo and know you and my other friends of Schmoo have been so inspiring to me. You can DO IT!🎉

Hugs and prayers ALL Around Schmoosters❤️💞

Esteemed Contributor

Thursday report:  BrbfromTX, thanks for that great graphic and wonderful saying -- they both give me great encouragement!  Thank all of you for taking the time, despite your busy schedules or personal challenges, to give me a pep talk on the Schmoo Tales. 

Today and tomorrow, I'm taking a writing break as suggested.  But I'll be back in the saddle Saturday working on it again.  Even so, my Schmoo Bear and his story is never gone from the forefront of my mind.

How could he be?

Schmoo Bear.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1-- I'm glad to hear you're taking a mini-holiday from writing.  While doing so you can follow the four suggestions listed below:  Smiley Happy  They'll do you a world of good. 

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

Sammycat1 wrote:

Tuesday report:  Wasn't I a sopping, tearful mess reading such wonderful encouragement from dear friends (AnikaBrodie, your advice and your graphics, including that "Just Do It" swoop crafted by you, are priceless!).  Very good suggestions, too, like Beastie's idea to take occasional breaks.  Shop, your direct words make all the difference.  Thank you Friends!  And thank you for your prayers for Schmoo's vet's Mom, too.

Tonight's report is dedicated to Beauty Junkie -- we are hoping to hear good news about your DH this week and are praying right along with you.  So to coax a smile from you in the meantime, I had to post a photo of the famous Schmoo pink paw pads:

Schmoo pink paw pads 3.jpg

Friday Morning Greetings

I called Beauty yesterday evening to see how she and her DH were doing. Her voice was raspy and she was having difficulty talking so I kept the conversation very short.

As she finds it very painful to do any typing now she can't post as often as she has been...so I told her that I'd post her message for her.

Beauty wants all of you to know that she's so grateful for your prayers,your friendship and your love and that she's sending all of her love right back to you.

Sammycat... She also told me how very much she loved that photo of Schmoo's pink paw pads that you posted just for her.

(((((((((((HeartBEAUTYHeart))))))))))

-------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Trusted Contributor

Dear Sammycat,

What an emotional roller coaster you must be on. It must be very rewarding, happy, sad, joyful, gut wrenching and bittersweet to relive the memories through writing Schmoo's book. You must be emotionally spent and you do need to take a break and take a deep breath and regroup! The final product is going to be amazing, just like Mr. Schmoo, his Mommy and his Daddy! He was a fighter Kitty and he is with you every step of the way!

BJ prayers for you and DH,

BRB praying for you!

Shop and Mom prayers for you too!

Tissyanne, cuddle your sweet Sugarbear for me! I miss my black kitty so much it hurts!

Prayers for all the Schmoo family, sorry if I didn't name you! You are in my prayer journal.

Trey Cat and the Mrs still come for meals. I seem to be no closer in getting near them.

No kittens have come either. I'm closer than I was though! He has stepped inside the door a few more times. She just sticks her head in and peeks! I worry so about these two! At least I know they are not hungry, but to not know snuggles, petting, chin scratches, belly rubs breaks my heart to no end....