Valued Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

Sammycat and Schmoosters-Thanking God for you ALL!Cat HappyHeart

Esteemed Contributor

Saturday report:  A quick weekend check-in to request a prayer for Schmoo's vet.  His mother is ill and in hospice and, even though she is way up in years, she's still his Mom and it hurts him deeply to know she's shortly to begin another journey.

Throughout his professional commitments and his own health crises, this man stuck by us and stuck by our Schmoo, who enjoyed an outstanding quality of life far longer than he should have as a result.  Along the way, Schmoo's vet became far more than our cat's doctor -- he became a friend.

And well known to Schmoo -- pictured below after the intricate dental surgery performed by his vet that saved his life -- friends like that don't come around every day:

Schmoo vet friend.jpg

Honored Contributor

@brbfromTX wrote:

Oh, my precious friends of Schmoo, I feel so blessed by your prayers and good wishes when y'all are going through the tough stuff too!  I will share an update:  I'm on an exemestane break for 2 weeks- hopefully joint/muscle/bone pain will diminish. Big rounds of tests coming at the end of May (I thought originally June, but its May)))  Please pray that there is no new cancer.   I've been doing Aqua Fitness 2-3 days a week, but I must spend more time with my mobility exercises for my arm.  Storms are in the forecast for overnight!  It's already pretty soggy around here!  So far, we've missed the flooding.  l want to send love & hugs to all of you dear friends!  ((((((((Sammycat & DH))))))((((((Beauty & DH))))))(((((Tissyanne, DM, & SugarBear))))((((((Shop & DM & Double Js))))((((((((New, Trey & Mrs. Trey)))))(((((Beastie & crew)))))

((((((All other friends of Schmoo)))))Cat HappyHeart

@brbfromTX

I am praying for you to hear "no more cancer." I hope your days to come will be pain free. Thank you for sharing, and you are in my thoughts as you navigate this journey. God bless you in all the days ahead. I am so glad that we have connected on this beloved thread. 

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone. Sammycat I will keep MrSchmoo's vet in my prayers and his Mom.Its so sad to lose a parent no matter their age.I hope she will have a peaceful passing.

brb I pray for you daily and certainly will continue and hope the new tests find you cancer free. Its an awful disease and I so hope no more cancer for you,Shops Mom or my husband.

Tissyanne how is your Mom doing? Has she fully recovered yet? Does she still drive? I know after my accident I was terrified to drive but I forced myself.

beastie hope you are doing well.I know you are always doing something to help save animals,you're an angel here on earth.

newtoallthis any luck with TreyCat and the Mrs? I hope you see the kittens soon.

I am dealing with another ailment,an inflammed sacroilleac(sp)joint.Whew this smarts.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Sunday night:  I'm hoping everyone in Schmooville had a nice weekend.  Ours was rainy and foggy, but it forced us into that kind of restful, snugful, slugful weekend we all need every once in a while.

If you're in the mood, I could use a little cheerleading on the Schmoo Tales.  I've been a writer all my life, and I'm accustomed to doing the hard work of focus demanded by long projects like this.

But unlike those other projects, this one is utterly personal.  At the center of it is my soul mate pet, our other pets, my friends, our vet, my family and the Schmoo family on this forum. 

The emotional stamina required day in and day out is something I woefully underestimated.  DH encourages me, saying, "You have to write it.  Because you're the only one who can."

I want it to be good -- well, better than good. And I want others to enjoy it and be inspired by it -- the same way Schmoo inspired me:

Schmoo inspiring.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Happy Monday Dear Friends, I hope eveyone had a great weekend.  Sammy, I can only imagine how difficult it must be to write Schmoo's tale, but YOU CAN DO IT!  For many reasons, but the biggest reason is your doing it for Mister Schmoo.  You could not honor that precious one any better way in the world than sharing his story, that will not only be something wonderful to read, but helpful to so many who might have to go through some pieces of the journey that you and DH did with Schmoo.  I'm sure many days your desk is wet with your tears as you write out his story, but please push on as you always do, because it's all for your Special Boy...Remember We always love you and pray for your strength.

BRBfromTX-We will pray your cancer free and it stays that way (hugs Dear Friend)

BJ- Praying your pain can ease a just a little bit to help you find some comfort.

Have a wonderful week Dear Friends ((Hugs to all))

Honored Contributor

"If you're in the mood, I could use a little cheerleading on the Schmoo Tales.  I've been a writer all my life, and I'm accustomed to doing the hard work of focus demanded by long projects like this.  But unlike those other projects, this one is utterly personal.  At the center of it is my soul mate pet, our other pets, my friends, our vet, my family and the Schmoo family on this forum.   The emotional stamina required day in and day out is something I woefully underestimated.  DH encourages me, saying, "You have to write it.  Because you're the only one who can."  I want it to be good -- well, better than good. And I want others to enjoy it and be inspired by it -- the same way Schmoo inspired me:"

... There was a cat named Schmoo.  He was a wonderful and tenacious feline, teaching us all the gift of living each day to the full despite difficult circumstances ...

@Sammycat1

It appears you're having "writer's block."  I know what that is having worked in public relations for many years.  I too was a writer, editor of an employee newsletter, and public speaker and at times the appropriate words would just not come. 

You must write Schmoo's story.  You're the only one who can give it the attention and recognition he deserves.  (I totally agree with your husband.)  I see Schmoo's book as an inspirational best seller and can't wait to be at the head of the line to buy my copy when it is published.  I know the forum people will love it but I also know pet lovers everywhere will read it and benefit by your words of wisdom. 

So, your cheerleaders include me and I am certain all others who post here.  You have our permission to take a break to relax, regroup, refocus and then resume writing again.  Schmoo's story must be told not only for his forum fans, but for all the pet lovers out there who will read and benefit by your inspirational story.

So, to end this post ...      What Law Schools Are Looking For When They Read The Writing Sample   ((((Hugs))))

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

Sammycat1 wrote:

Sunday night:  I'm hoping everyone in Schmooville had a nice weekend.  Ours was rainy and foggy, but it forced us into that kind of restful, snugful, slugful weekend we all need every once in a while.

If you're in the mood, I could use a little cheerleading on the Schmoo Tales.  I've been a writer all my life, and I'm accustomed to doing the hard work of focus demanded by long projects like this.

But unlike those other projects, this one is utterly personal.  At the center of it is my soul mate pet, our other pets, my friends, our vet, my family and the Schmoo family on this forum. 

The emotional stamina required day in and day out is something I woefully underestimated.  DH encourages me, saying, "You have to write it.  Because you're the only one who can."

I want it to be good -- well, better than good. And I want others to enjoy it and be inspired by it -- the same way Schmoo inspired me:

Schmoo inspiring.jpg

Sammycat...

I agree with everything that AnikaBrodie wrote in her post. She basically told you everything that I would have said to you had I posted earlier.

As you stated that this is a very emotional project for you...what if you didn't work on it every single day. Perhaps you can write for three days days in a row...then take a break every fourth day just to regroup and focus on something else. 

By the way...I absolutely love that purr-cious photo of you and your sweet boy.Cat Very Happy

------------------------------------------

All of my chilren have paws =^..^=

Honored Contributor

Sammycat1 wrote:

Saturday report:  A quick weekend check-in to request a prayer for Schmoo's vet.  His mother is ill and in hospice and, even though she is way up in years, she's still his Mom and it hurts him deeply to know she's shortly to begin another journey.

Throughout his professional commitments and his own health crises, this man stuck by us and stuck by our Schmoo, who enjoyed an outstanding quality of life far longer than he should have as a result.  Along the way, Schmoo's vet became far more than our cat's doctor -- he became a friend.

And well known to Schmoo -- pictured below after the intricate dental surgery performed by his vet that saved his life -- friends like that don't come around every day:

Schmoo vet friend.jpg

Sending lots of very special prayers to Schmoo's dear vet and to his mother.

Also sending lots of very special healing prayers to beauty and her DH,BRB,Shop's and Tissyanne's moms,and to the all of the other much loved members of this very special family who are also in need.

((((((((HeartHUGS TO ALLHeart)))))))

--------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Honored Contributor

Prayers for Mr. Schmoo's doctor during this most difficult time. The loss of a parent is very different from any other. May he feel the comfort that only comes from on high. 

beauty, my Mom is doing better, but she has not replaced her vehicle yet. I am doing her errands, and she does go with me part of the time. I told her to take her time, and not feel rushed, although she does not want to lean on me forever. She has not felt well this past week, but is better today. Thank you for asking about her. I am praying for you and your DH. I sure hope you are feeling better.