Esteemed Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

Wednesday report:  Thanks for your kind words and encouragement.  My rebounding to a physical job from knee replacement is minor considering some of your health challenges, like those of Beauty Junkie and her DH, and Shop's Mom, and Tissyanne's Mom.

The mind is willing but the old caboose isn't chugging along at the same pace.  So I'll just have to s*ck it up like Schmoo and keep moving forward. Until then, I can feel the laser burn of  his management radar eyes from Heaven extolling me to get on with it already:

Schmoo management eyes.jpg

Honored Contributor

@newtoallthis wrote:
Trey Cat and his Mrs are showing up right on time every morning and evening for their meals to be served! Friday evening I left the door open. (They usually watch me thru the glass fix their buffet! ) I looked and Trey has stepped inside the door! Mrs T was peeping in! I nearly fainted I go so excited! Of course when I started through the house he ran back outside and got at a safe distance! I had to shut the door before they would eat!
I would dearly love it if these two would come in and adopt me! They could bring the kids too! No sign of any kittens.
I will just keep feeding them and doing what I can for them. I just hate to see her get pregnant again! Can't trap her not knowing about the kittens!

@newtoallthis, I love reading this. So caring, and sweet. Heart I am grateful for people like you. 

Trusted Contributor

Thank you Tissyanne! I worry so about these two!

Your Sugarbear looks like my Trixie Cat. I lost him (he was misdiagnosed by the VET as a girl! Thus the name) in 2013 at age 16. He was a solid black long hair, Tibbs was a solid black short hair and Thomas (2000-2014) was a solid white long hair! They were all three rescued from the street/highway. I was always amazed that they were solid white, solid black and crossed my path! Well, my son's path. He brought them home.

They are all three buried side by side. I miss them so.

Trey is a solid black and the Mrs is a calico. I hope I can gain their trust this summer. I can not bear the thought of another winter outside.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Schmoo my boy.jpg

Thursday Morning Greetings

I was watching GMA earlier this morning and saw that Texas, as well as many other states in the Southwest, the Midwest and the Southeast, are all due to get slammed with more devastating weather today. I know that quite a few of you live in those areas and I pray that you,your families and your furbabies get through it all safe and sound.

Sending Sammycat,beauty and her DH,Shop's and Tissyanne's moms,brb, and the rest of you dear members of this wonderful family who are also in need, tons of special healing prayers.

New... Hoping that your wish comes true and that by Summer's end Trey and Mrs.T have become your indoor kitties for the rest of their lives!Cat Happy

Sending more special prayers to all of the precious furbabies who are still in need, to all of the precious animals who are still in shelters waiting for their forever homes, and to all of precious homeless animals who are trying to survive on the mean streets.

Wishing everyone a fur-bulous day!Cat Very Happy

-------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

HI Everyone- Hope everyone is doing as well as possible health and weather wise.  We are chugging along on my end of the world.  Sammy I know  precious Schmoo Bear is senidng you down the very best of thoughts for everything to start moving as one and feeling a bit better.  BJ-Lifting you and your Dear Husband up as you wait for the test results, we will rejoice when no cancer is found.  Tissy and Newtoallof this and Beastielove and BRBfromTX- Hope your doing great...And a group ((hug)) to all our dear Friends.

Esteemed Contributor

Thursday report:   First, prayers go out to Schmoosters all over the country who are having extreme weather. Stay safe!

Today I started to do a little planning for the writers conference I'm attending this summer in NYC to bring attention to the "Schmoo Tales," so named by Beastielove.  DH is going with me and, although time is limited, we've selected 2 activities:  to see the Intrepid and go to the 9/11 Memorial and Museum on this visit (we've been tot he Big Apple before).  Any other recommendations on new things we should see or do? 

I confess I'd like to take a sneak peek into Tiffany's.  A girl can dream.  I remember with some longing that SophSoph loved to try on my jewelry -- especially my Judith Ripka cuffs.

Like the Hope Diamond, my Soph -- with or without jewelry -- was a gem in a class all by her lovely self:

Schmoo Soph jewelry.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone and I want to thank all of you for the prayers and well wishes for my husband on Tuesday.I can't wait tilll its over and we know whtas what.

Sammycat love the name Schmoo Tales,great name beastie. I am so jelaous of yout trip. I am from NY but haven't been back since I moved to Fl in 76.I have been to NJ but never made it back to NY cause  if I did,I'd want to stay.I hope you get to Tiffany's and you pick up a little something for yourself,you deserve it. Sophie would want you too as she apparently liked jewelry,a real girly girl.lol

Shout outs too all of the Schmoo Clan.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Valued Contributor

Oh, my precious friends of Schmoo, I feel so blessed by your prayers and good wishes when y'all are going through the tough stuff too!  I will share an update:  I'm on an exemestane break for 2 weeks- hopefully joint/muscle/bone pain will diminish. Big rounds of tests coming at the end of May (I thought originally June, but its May)))  Please pray that there is no new cancer.   I've been doing Aqua Fitness 2-3 days a week, but I must spend more time with my mobility exercises for my arm.  Storms are in the forecast for overnight!  It's already pretty soggy around here!  So far, we've missed the flooding.  l want to send love & hugs to all of you dear friends!  ((((((((Sammycat & DH))))))((((((Beauty & DH))))))(((((Tissyanne, DM, & SugarBear))))((((((Shop & DM & Double Js))))((((((((New, Trey & Mrs. Trey)))))(((((Beastie & crew)))))

((((((All other friends of Schmoo)))))Cat HappyHeart

Esteemed Contributor

Friday report:  BrbfromTX, your Schmoo prayer warriors will join forces through May for your next milestone. We want you and all Schmoosters and their families to be cancer free!

The Kitty Sitter and her siblings are helping their mother prepare her home for sale -- and it's been hard tidying up and watching a lifetime of memories get packed away.  "I'm blessed to have made all those memories," her mother said in a philosophical moment as they dove through decades of holiday decorations.  The Kitty Sitter (who hates clutter) even stumbled over some old sports trophies from high school, a little tickled to find them. 

"These are before my kitties," she said.  "I almost can't remember a time without them."

The joy of sharing their lives is a palpable, powerful one -- and brings delight with no beginning and no ending ... as with the rainbow I photographed below from our backyard on a day when Schmoo wasn't feeling his best.  By late afternoon, it had faded but he had not:

Schmoo rainbow.jpg

Honored Contributor

Sammycat1 wrote:

Friday report:  BrbfromTX, your Schmoo prayer warriors will join forces through May for your next milestone. We want you and all Schmoosters and their families to be cancer free!

The Kitty Sitter and her siblings are helping their mother prepare her home for sale -- and it's been hard tidying up and watching a lifetime of memories get packed away.  "I'm blessed to have made all those memories," her mother said in a philosophical moment as they dove through decades of holiday decorations.  The Kitty Sitter (who hates clutter) even stumbled over some old sports trophies from high school, a little tickled to find them. 

"These are before my kitties," she said.  "I almost can't remember a time without them."

The joy of sharing their lives is a palpable, powerful one -- and brings delight with no beginning and no ending ... as with the rainbow I photographed below from our backyard on a day when Schmoo wasn't feeling his best.  By late afternoon, it had faded but he had not:

Schmoo rainbow.jpg

Sammycat...

What a beautiful sentiment about the kitties who bless our lives with their furry presence and their unconditional love. I love seeing rainbows...there's always something so mystical and magical about them.

Per your request in your last post...if I think of any place in NYC that you and DH should see while you're there in August I'll let you know. I'll also make sure that it doesn't involve a lot of walking!

Wishing Sammycat,DH,KS, and the entire loving Clan of Schmoo, a very pleasant and chill-laxing day. Cat Very Happy

-------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=