Honored Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

Sammycat1 wrote:

Monday report:  I am glad to read all of you in the path of these storms is safe.

Tonight's report is through tears -- and smiles.  As we've been posting to one another, sharing your life with a pet means in shredded furniture, "surprises" on the floor, sluiced rivulets of toilet paper, torn window screens, big vet and food bills, ruined rugs.  For me, it also led to unparalleled joyful moments that became years filled with catnip bag battles, deep-dish naps, plaintive meows, "toasting" in sun patches, editing sessions, Prairie Justice confrontations and so much more.

My Schmoo lost his battle with heart disease three years ago tomorrow. But he won the hearts of DH and I, his doctor, our friends and family -- and most of you -- forever.

He lived with an unmatched exuberance, this cat abused and abandoned for a decade before he chose us.  And the achievement I'm most proud of is helping him live the life he had left as gloriously as he wanted.  ALL cats and dogs should have that opportunity -- whether they are healthy or ill, young or old, one of many or the only pet in a family.  Giving to them brings us the greatest of rewards from them:  love with no conditions, love with no end.  Giving to them makes us better people: More patient.  More humble.  Kinder. More understanding.

This year we bought flowers in yellow to symbolize the sunbeams he brought to our lives and purple in honor of his regal nature, in the photo below. His St. Francis fountain is up and running, and soon flowers will fill his garden. 

I ask tomorrow one simple thing:  that you celebrate his life and our friendship here by "schmooching" your beloved furry ones (or blow a schmooch to your ferals) for me.

For even though tomorrow marks the day I lost my beloved kitty soul mate, it's also reason to rejoice:  for he lived on that day.  I held him, cuddled with him, fed him, stroked his fur, sang to him, kissed him on that now-famous speckled nosey, gave his pills to him -- and had the privilege of saying to him, as I did so many times, "Mommy and Daddy love you, always and always, higher than the sky and higher!"  

And those words remain true, forever true:

Schmoo third anniversary.jpgSchmoo Year 3.jpg

Sammycat..

Your incredibly beautiful and poignant tribute to your beloved boy literally brought me to tears. My heart goes out to you and DH and I'm sending tons of special Comfort Hugs to the both of you.

I happily "schmooched" Tabitha,Samantha,Olivia,Henry and Jack and told them that it was to honor the memory of a very special cat named Schmoo who was loved and cherished as much as they are.

I do hope that once the flowers are blooming in Schmoo's garden that you'll post a photo so that we can enjoy their beauty too.

((((((SAMMYCAT,DH,& THEIR PRECIOUS SCHMOO)))))

--------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Super Contributor

Hi Sammycat ! I just want to say I am thinking of you as you mark the third anniversary of Schmoo,s passing. I know that it is always a tough day but you keep him alive in you heart every day. You write the most heart felt posts, Thinking of all of you wonderful furbaby mommies . Yes, our furbabies sure make our lives whole. I can't imagine how anyone cannot love these angels on earth.
Esteemed Contributor

Tuesday report:  Thanks, Schmoo Friends, for your kind sentiments .  Beastie, we'll post photos once his garden is filled with 2016's flora.  Tonight I'd just like to post a picture of my boy who, in many ways, became your boy, too:

Schmoo my boy.jpg

Honored Contributor

Sammycat, your beautiful tribute to the handsome and loved champagne kitty with the speckled nosey is very moving. He knew and felt that deep down warm and fuzzy kind of love that only comes once in a lifetime. Mr. Schmoo, you most certainly left your pawprints on the hearts of many, and we know that you were at the very center of your happy and loving home. Heart

original-3.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

I know how hard today must be for you Sammycat and i like everyone else was moved to tears by your post and pictures.3 years ago we all lost part of our family,the reason we are a fmaily now. MrSchmoo I just want to tell you how much I miss you and love you and hope you are having the time of your life in Heaven with all your firends.I know my babies would be proud to call you their friend.Till we get to meet,I send you kisses and head scratches.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Trusted Contributor

Sweet Sammy,  What a difficult day.  I know Precious Schmoo is with you and your DH today as he is everyday.  I bet he shares lots of stories of love in Heaven with his new pet friends of all the love that was bestoved on him.  I gave kisses to both of the J's last night and told them how much we loved a cat name Mister Schmoo and that he was loved like they are loved..To the Moon and the Stars and Back Again (what I tell the boys each day) Hugs to the very best our lovely Mister Schmoo that brought a group together that I truly love each and everyday..

Just a little picture of the J's doing what they love to do, sleep side by side, always two by two Smiley Happy

double J.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wednesday report:  If I could give each of you 10,000 hearts for your posts these past few days, I would. Although we are all cyber friends, there could not be tighter bonds if we stood in front of one another and spoke our posts aloud.

Thank you for your support of me, our family, Schmoo, his story even as I write it-- and friendship that does not waver.  It is priceless, that feeling that someone is always by your side: 

Schmoo friendship 2.jpg

Valued Contributor

Kisses and cuddles to my kitty and the pups. Hugs and prayers to you dear Sammycat and DH. Your writing is so moving as is the love from all the friends of Schmoo. 

((((((Sammycat and DH))))))))) (((((((ALL friends of Schmoo)))))))

Esteemed Contributor

Thursday report:  Greetings, Schmoosters!

A special note to ShopTillYouDrop:  that pic of the Double J's having a snooze gave me the biggest smile all week.  I don't know how you stand all that cuteness under your roof at one time.

Speaking of smiles, yesterday I opened our kitchen window while preparing dinner and grinned when I saw the bunnies and robins busy at their own food collection and preparation.  Suddenly, a deep chatter broke the silence of the happy scene.  I couldn't see another animal -- and wondered if a feral cat was on the hunt.

Turns out our neighbor opened his sliding glass door to let Spencer the Cat "talk" to HIS neighbors in the backyard through the screen ... and that's who I heard.  I asked if he thought Spencer would tear through the screen in pursuit of "lunch."

My neighbor shook his head.  "Are you kidding? Outdoor living is not for Spence. He wanted a Temptations treat then he sacked out in his bed.  He's no fool."

Our furry ones know a good thing when they see it:

Schmoo indoor cat.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone. Sammycat love the picture of Schmoo and Sophie side by side on the perch,a very touching photo along with your post.

SHop your picture was just precious.What cute babies they are.

Sweet story about Spence the neighbors cat.he is a smart one,knows when he has a good thing.Cookie is like that too. She doesn't even want to be near the door.

Hope everyone is feeling ok,always in my prayers.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!