Trusted Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

Sammy I am so sorry your sciatica has flared again, I hope in the coming days it is much better.

Dear Friends Thanks again for lifting my Dear Mom in prayer.  Her appointment went well yesterday.  Her blood counts looks pretty darn good for someone with CLL and the blood clots in the leg have reduced in size a bit.  So she will continue doing what she is doing, no chemo at this time and check back to the Oncologist in a month to re-check bloodwork.  All in all a very good visit. Thanks again for your prayer!

BJ hope your dong as well as possible, and all  the clan of Schmoo I hope you have a wonderful Blessd day.

((Hugs))

Honored Contributor

Good evening Schmoosters,

I hope today has been a good day. I met a long time friend for lunch, and it was very enjoyable. Imagine if all of us could get together. What a joy that would be! Well we will settle for spending time together here, and I feel as though we know each other anyway. Sammycat, I hope you are feeling better today. beauty, I hope you are feeling better, and your DH too. brbfromTX, you are always in my thoughts, and I hope you are feeling okay. Shop, thank you for the update on your Mom, and I am happy that her report was as good as it was. All of you are in my daily prayers. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thursday report:  Greetings, all!  The sciatica has finally left me and I'm just a little tired -- a relief!  It did my heart good to hear that Shop's mother is doing better.

Today 10 years ago, DH and I brought home from the animal shelter a cream mackerel tabby cat with some major attitude and named him Mister Schmoo -- and instantly changed our lives for the better and forever.  He made me a better person and led us all of us here to one another.

What a joy, as Tissyanne says, and on so many levels.  All because of one tough kitty fighter:

Schmoo April 14 2006.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone. Glad you're doing better Sammycat.Well today sure is a special anniversary.If you never brought home that wonderful kitty we wouldn't have all formed this friendship. Its something else how much a cat named MrScmoo managed to accomplish and he still is.

Shop thats great nes on your mOm,I'm so happy she  is doing better. Always in my prayers.

Tissyanne glad you had a nice day,you so deserve it and I hope your Mom is healing up just fine.

beastie hope you are doing well and maybe you'll consider moving south one of these days. Cats sure do love the sun and heat,lol.

brb hope you are doing well.

newtoallthis has the Mama kitty been buy with her babies? I guess they are still too young.

Hubby and I are both having health issues and hope things will get better for us soon. He will be having a scope soon and I pray he is cancer free.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Trusted Contributor

Mom Cat comes twice a day to eat but no sign of her kittens. I am so hoping she will bring them. Trey Cat comes to eat too. Sometimes with her, sometimes not. He's usually at the door yowling for breakfast! They were together this morning. I miss Tibbs so much. Love and prayers to all of you.
Trusted Contributor

Sammy what a wonderful anniversary and Tissyanne is correct Joy on so very many levels.

Have a Happy Weekend Dear Friends ((Hugs))

Esteemed Contributor

Friday report:  Good evening, Schmoosters!  Glad to hear that Shop's Mom is holding her own and that Trey and Mrs. Trey Cat are still eating at the Porch Cafe.

My knee check-up went pretty well.  I have a smidge of tendonitis in my quadriceps and patellar (kneecap) tendons, but that's because I'm doing too much, too soon.  (What can I say?  I'm Type A like Schmoo). 

My mother also underwent knee surgery today.  You might remember she fell and broke her leg AND her original knee replacement and had that repaired in December.  Well her kneecap started floating all over the place due to some loose tendons and ligaments -- threatening the new knee replacement and also threatening to push through her skin -- so to save her leg, the doctor had to operate today to tack that crazy floating kneecap into place.  All went well but she has to be in a knee brace that won't allow her to bend the knee for 3 months!  She's not going to be happy when she wakes up!

Here's hoping everyone has a peaceful and pain-free weekend.  Sometimes slowing down a bit and having a weekend snooze is a good thing:

Schmoo snooze.jpg

Honored Contributor

Mr. Schmoo brought joy into all our lives, and he continues to do so in his beloved thread. Thank you handsome boy. Heart

original-8.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

Saturday report:  DH and I took a long ride today, a dry run for a tour I'm giving Monday tracing Robert E. Lee's retreat back south after his army's defeat here at Gettysburg.  We were only about 40 miles south of our town and along the Potomac River but it was warmer there -- 80 or so -- and the tree blooms were almost all out already.  It seems we go straight from winter to summer.

It reminded me of when DH and I got married.  It was early April and on ShopTillYouDrop's birthday, and it was cooler and somewhat overcast here.  We honeymooned in Virginia's Shenandoah Valley near Charlottesville, and it became clear from Day 1 that we needed to shop for shorts because it was so hot. The bugs were out and the humidity was brewing already.

We were optimistic about our future -- a future that two scalawag, delightful kitties named Sophie and Schmoo would soon join:

Schmoo in future.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Sammycat your psots can always get me teary eyed,Two scalawag kitties that ended up finding the most loving home and parents,all of you were so fortunate to have found each other. I hope your mom is doing ok after her knee surgery. It can't be easy for her at her age and I hope she isn't int oo much pain.

I hope everyone in the Schmoo Clan is doing ok. Always in my prayers.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!