Frequent Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

[ Edited ]

Talk about a dichotomy.  As I sit here with a heavy heart and tears in my eyes after reading the tribute to Fergus, I suddenly burst out laughing when I came to the following post where beauty mentions that her writing style resembles that of Dr Seuss.  What a hoot!  Beauty, you can also count me in when sharing dental horror stories with the Schmoo when we meet one day.  

Sammy, I can't believe those last two pictures of Fergus are actually of the same dog.  My goodness, I never realized he was such a really big guy. Could it be, that the first picture with your DH was taken when Puppy was just a puppy himself?  That's the only thing I can think of because he just looks totally different to me.  Not that it matters, I appreciate him either way (lol). 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

beauty junkie wrote:

I feel like most of you ladies write like Hemingway,such touching thought prokoving posts and me,well my posts are more like Dr Seuss and the cat in the hat. I can't post so eloquently what I feel for all of you but we are like a family here and when one of us grieves or has a problem,we all feel part of it.

Sammycat Fergus"Puppy" was such a beautiful gentle soul and I'm sure he is watching over his siblings up at the bridge.I look forward to meeting him along with my boy Schmoo. Schmoo and I will compare our choppers someday and compare our dental horror stories.lol

Dearest beauty...

Dr. Suess was a much loved author and so are you. Heart

Your posts, no matter in which manner they were..and are...written...are just as touching and evoke all of your love and kindness. So,in your own very unique way,you are also a most eloquant and thought provoking writer!Cat WinkCat Very Happy

-------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Valued Contributor

IMG_0936.JPG

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

beauty, I should have mentioned in my last post that I think you also are a very talented writer, whose soft and caring disposition is evident by the kind and tender words you write.  Your sweetness and gentleness always shine through.  Thank you for being you.  

Trusted Contributor

Hi Dearest Friends, Hope everyone is doing as well as possible.  Quick update on Mom, her symptoms are still coming on strong from the effects of the chemo. She is now starting day 5 off of the treatment, I hope the coming days get better.  

My voice is still missing, not sure when it might make a return.  I start each and every morning out singing to the Double J's the Good Morning, Good Morning song and they look at me like I am more than nuts croaking out a tune in nothing more than a whisper, oh well we gotta Open Up our Heart and Let the Sunshine In Smiley Happy

Have a blessed to start to your weekend and I pray that all everything goes better for each of us in the coming days.

((Hugs all Dear Friends))

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Friday report:   ShopTillYouDrop, you hold and squeeze those Double J's tight until better days surface head.  We're praying for you and your Mom every step of the way.

Now, on the writing itself:  no one who posts here need worry about it (except me, because I'm the professional writer and I better do well!). The Schmoo thread is a place of friendship, acceptance, loyalty and compassion -- a judgment-free, come-as-you-are zone -- and no matter your means of expression, whether it sounds like Dr. Seuss or Shakespeare, everything you say and the way you say it is good ... because it comes from the heart.

My toughest editor and critic even cut me some slack while I was on the clock  because he knew that love was (and still is) moving my pen, especially when I'm writing about him:

Schmoo editor.jpg

Honored Contributor

photo: * | photographer: Tanya Roginsky | WWW.PHOTODOM.COM:

When I saw the photo of this gorgeous cat I thought of Kitty Sitter and Chubby.  I hope KS is healing from the loss of her beloved Chub and that each day holds new promise for her.  My thoughts are with her.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Esteemed Contributor

Saturday report:  Greetings on a polar-vortex weekend, Friends of Schmoo!

I'm participating in panel interviews from 8-5 today and tomorrow for candidates at our national park and had to arrive at 7:30 a.m.  The only good effect of subzero temps at that hour is that it wakes you up -- better than a cup of coffee!

AnikaBrodie, thank you for that stunning photo of a Chubby "cousin."  Kitty Sitter is mourning her Chubby terribly; he got under her skin far deeper than she thought in the 6 months that she had.  That, coupled with the loss of her father and the move of her mother into assisted living (which she's in the middle of right now), is too much in the "large life events happening at once" stress category. 

But I can tell by her voice and demeanor that the pain of these losses will take a long time to lessen. All I can do in the meantime is listen and pray for some sense of peace to come to her heart.  It's hard when they're snatched from us to find that place:

Schmoo peace.jpg

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sammy, how sweet that you had a cat bed for Schmoo next to your computer.  

It seems like you both were never far from each other.

Anika, I was glad to see your post.  I was wondering how you have been doing

since having that terrible ear infection.

Hope everyone is staying warm at home with your furry cuddlers in these

freeeeezing temps.

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1 Oh! My Goodness!  That cat looks exactly like my Billy!!  Even down to the black smudge on his nose!

I'm sitting here and he's staring me down because he wants his night-time meal.  He's a big eater.  Drives me crazy.

Billy gets into every single thing.  There is nothing he won't jump or go in to.  He keeps eyeing all of the ceiling fans (I can tell he's measureing how to jump on them).

I have a TV in the bedroom that comes out from the wall.  I've have seen him in a pouncing position and yelled!

He looks so much like Bill, he could be Bill.