Honored Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

@newtoallthis,

I am praying for Tibbs. I hope the vet can give you some answers as to what the problem is, and hopefully correct it. Thank you for keeping us updated.

shop, I am so saddened to hear that you are going through these very difficult times. I am praying for your Mom, and sweet Joey. I sure hope that you are feeling better. Those sinus infections are bad. Prayers my friend.

Trusted Contributor

Oh my so many in need of prayers.

newtoallthis hoping the vet has some good news on TIbbs and that he comes home to you. I am praying for you both.

Shop so sorry for all thats going on,hope you feel better and I am so sorry that the chemo is so hard on your Mom. Praying she can can get through this.

Hope your Joey perks up and feels better,always keep him in my prayers.He is such a little fighter.

Sammycat such a beautiful picture of your DH and how tenderly he pets his babies,what a great guy you have there.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Valued Contributor

Love, hugs, and prayers friends of Schmoo

image.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

I'm at work  so a quick update. I went to see Tibbs this morning. He was very glad to see me. I cried the hour and a half I was there! He was more alert than I expected, He snuggled in my arms and I held him and talked to him. He would raise his head up and look around occasionally.  They are still slowly lowering the valium. They want to make sure he doesn't have another seizure. He is not eating.

His regular vet finds no physical reason for the seizure unless it was brought on by a mini stroke. I'm going back to see him after work.

I wish I could post pictures. He was so sweet with his head resting on my arm. When I go back I will speak with the vet that took care of him over the week end. I told him in great detail all the people here who are praying for his recovery.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Continuing to send cyber hugs and prayers up for all of the Schmoo clan, with special intentions for new & Tibbs and shop, her mom & Joey.

HAPPY 14th B-DAY, to sweet Tabitha, apple of her mom beastie's eye!  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

brbfromTX, I am praying for you, and I hope that your feeling better. Heart I don't know where in TX you are, but I am in west TX, and it is blowing 60mph here this afternoon. 

b8e9f829eb4ba704feb5fe7d0736084a.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Continued prayers being lifted for Mr Tibbs, I know he was so happy to see his Mom at lunch today. (Hugs friends, and thanks for the prayers)

Honored Contributor

newtoallthis,

I just read your update about being with your Tibbs this morning. I am praying that he will get better, and come home to you. 

ygozwsph0djop.jpg

Trusted Contributor

I went back to see Tibbs after work and spoke with his vet that took care of him over the weekend. He said he had been up moving around this afternoon and had eaten! They brought him to me for a visit. He even looked so much better than he did this morning. Mr Tibbs does not like to be held, so after an hour of hugs, kisses and snuggles from his Mom his tail started thumping, just a couple at first and then the old "alright I have had enough!" steady thumping. Not wanting to aggitate him, I let him go back. They assured me he has a heated pad in his bed. He freezes! The best news ever----he may get to come home tomorrow! I told the vet about all the people praying for Tibbs! I believe in the power of prayer! I even told Tibbs this afternoon about Schmoo the one tough kitty fighter and told him he could do it to....just a little longer! Thank you for your prayers and love!

Esteemed Contributor

Monday report:  Praise be, the Tibbs man may go home tomorrow -- and he indeed has that "one tough kitty fighter" stuff in him, too, just like Schmoo!    Thanks fellow Schmoosters for rallying to support Tibbs and Newtoallthis during a crisis time!

ShopTillYouDrop, good thing we're all in position to rally, because it sounds like you, your Mom and Joey need us too.  Well fear not, our wishes and prayers go with you too in what sounds like a very tough time. 

I thought of the power of love and prayer today while writing a portion of Schmoo's book:  the dental disasters.  (For Schmoo newcomers, this was his first medical catastrophe, before the heart failure).  Anyway, he was hospitalized several times, one quite lengthy, and he started to get depressed because he had to live in a hospital cage.  He wouldn't eat; he couldn't sleep.

Twice a day I'd visit him, taking in his bed from home, extra blankies, his brush.  They'd set me up with him in an exam room, and he could safely walk around in there, but then he'd get tired.  I'd lift him onto the table and onto his bed, then hold him, stroking his fur til he slept.

I started a tradition of telling him the long list of people who loved him, starting with me and DH, his doctor, the techs, our friends, the Kitty Sitter, the QVC Pet Chat posters, etc., as I pet him.  I began it by saying softly, "Mommy loves you, Daddy loves," etc., until I got the end when I said:  "And so EVERYBODY loves you!"  Then I'd repeat the list.

In the presence of all that love, he'd relax.  And because he could relax, he could sleep.  And he because he could sleep, he ate and got stronger and eventually healed (see him 8 years ago, healed!, below).  So I'm grateful that so many respond of you when our friends here and their pets and families need us. 

EVERYBODY, indeed, loves you:

Schmoo Mother's Day 3.jpg