Honored Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

@Sammycat1

This graphic speaks volumes to me.  HeartHeart   In my mind I see Chub and Kitty Sitter together.  Healing energies ... may they both have them.

Thank you for your wonderful update on Chub.  I am so happy KS accepted your advice and took him to his vet internist.  I'm happy he'll be home in familiar surroundings where he can rest more comfortably as he recovers from his illness.  I pray fervently for his recovery and well being so that he and KS can spend more quality time together for a very long time. 

DH and I were involved in pet therapy for over 12 years and know from experience how wonderful pets are and what therapeutic value they have in so many situations.  Personally, we worked with people from very young, in a children's day care center, to very old, in a nursing home.  Our oldest resident there was 103 years old.  We always said from 3 to 103 and everywhere in between.  Pets are awesome and they make our lives whole!  Heart

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Trusted Contributor

Thank God for answered prayer and for you Sammycat -that you knew what this beloved boy needed! Sometimes we are so deep in fear we can't think straight and we need a Kitty Fighter Mom to tell us what needs to be done! My vet always preferred Tibbs be home when possible. I made it very clear I did not mind daily trips to the vet. I did this so many times. There are instances that they have to stay over, but as soon as Tibbs would begin to rebound the vet sent him home. He has had sugery on his leg (nearly lost it), eye surgery, and numerous gastrointestinal issues that would result in IV's and hospitalizatons. I believe with all my heart Chubby will be ok. God will continue to answer our prayers.

Beauty junkie, My heart aches for you. Please know I am praying for you and your Mom. i have been through what you are going through. It is the hardest thing ever.

You all are a great group of ladies.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Saturday report:   First, a very Happy Birthday to our own Beauty Junkie, and a  tribute, too, to her Mom, Dolores, without whom we would not have found a special friend indeed.

Chubby went back to the vet specialty internist today for a check-up, and most of the fluid in his chest has resolve but his kidney values also declined because they pulled him off the fluids to save the heart.  They have established a home program of medications but mostly subq fluids at a certain rate to try to find that "sweet spot" that keeps him hydrated but doesn't hurt his heart.  The cardiologist confirmed no heart disease.

And: he's eating ... not a lot, but it's a start!  The Kitty Sitter said he explored his whole home late last night when they got home, slept in bed with her as always and is starting to eat again.  He is still frail and very exhausted, but now he can rest (see below photo, taken today) ... and so can she, a little.  It's a long way back for him from this crash, but he has hope.

I thought about AnikaBrodie's eloquent words today about how much pets bring to our lives.  They lift us up, keep us honest, teach us how tough we can be on their behalf when we need to be and show us what unconditional love looks and feels like. They pull us out of our self-absorption and into the world. They bring out our very best selves.

There can be no greater reward than to make them part of our families, for they make a house a home, and a family a family:

Schmoo Chub Home Sweet Home.jpg

Trusted Contributor

So glad Chubby is doing a little better. The picture shows a happy boy all snuggled up. Praying he gets stronger over the next few days.

Sammycat thank you for the birthday wishes and the mentioning my Mom. They will probably be moving her to hospice in the next few days from the ALzheimers unit she is in.

newtoallthis I am so sorry ypu had a similar situation.Its horrible,truly the worst.Thanks so for the prayers.

beastie you never forget me or my family and I can't thank you enough. Did nothing today but stay home and pray and cry.

Sammycat how is the knee doing? My friend said the therapy was so painful,way worst then the therapy for her hip replacement.She wasn't in too much pain till they got ahold of her.She said she wanted to scream.I hope both of you heal quickly and will be as good as new.

((((Schmoo Family))))

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Honored Contributor

beauty,

I hope you had an enjoyable birthday. I am remembering you and your Mom during these difficult times. Peace to you and yours my friend. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sammycat, I am so hopeful for Chubby. My Sugarbear's sub fluids are 2x weekly, and she gets a B12 shot once every two weeks. I have continued to let her eat her beloved Fancy Feast, and her appetite is very good. She seems to feel well. I am so happy that you got Kitty Sitter to take Chubby out of the ER. It is so true that pets do bring so much love and joy into our lives. Even when times are difficult they are a ray of light. 

original-5.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Chubby, I am praying for you. You look so sweet, and your kitty positions are all your own. 

original-6.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Schmoo Chub ER 1.jpg

Sunday Morning Greetings

Wishing Sammycat,DH,KS and The Pawsome Clan a very pleasant,peaceful,and blessed day.

Sending more special prayers and cyber hugs and kisses to beloved Chubby.

(((((((((HeartCHUBBYHeart)))))))))

Sending more special prayers to beauty's mom,Dolores.

Sending more special prayers to all of the precious furbabies

and homeless animals who are still in need.

--------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Trusted Contributor

Hi Dear Friends, I am so happy Chubby is home and settling back in.  BJ- I hope you had a nice Bday.  I continue to pray that your Mom can find peace and comfort in these trying days.

Have a Blessed Week Dear Friends.

Esteemed Contributor

Sunday report:   Glad to hear Sugarbear's doing so well, Tissyanne!  And Beauty, the rehab on knee replacement is no picnic, especially if you head into surgery worst than most....I've learned that the hard way.  Tell your friend to take her pain meds religiously to keep pain (and thus swelling down).  The first week or two is the worst, but it gradually gets better.  I'm still yelling every session!

Like all of us who have had to cross that first time giving subq fluids, the Kitty Sitter was apprehensive but she got most of it into him (he needs 100 ml every day right now).  He got fussy toward the end.  He's comfy but he did not eat anything overnight and today he's only interested in baby food.  I gave Kitty Sitter and her kitty sitter a laundry list of flavors and techniques to try, so the West Coast kitty sitter ran out shopping today -- I'll have a report for you tomorrow. 

When you're taking care of a cat or dog with kidney failure that doesn't want to eat, you wish you had the entire aisle at the grocery or pet store at your disposal, because sometimes, that's what it takes to provide just the right dining experience:

Schmoo elevated feeding platform.jpg