Valued Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

Very thankful for my friends here special prayers to Beauty Junkie and her mom. 

(((((((((((BJ and her mom)))))))). ((((((((All friends of Schmoo))))))))

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1

As a pet lover my heart breaks for Chub and Kitty Sitter.  I love the photo; you can see the TLC in her eyes.  With losing her dad please God don't allow her to lose her cat too.  They need each other now more than ever.   I petition prayers on her behalf that Chub will be granted a miracle and recover from his illness. 

I hope KS takes your expert advice and has Chub seen by her vet internist today.  I'm sure the extreme noise in the ER hospital is not helping either and is causing more stress for Chub.  Blessings to KS and Chub are welcomed.   (((HeartHeart)))

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

Sammycat1 wrote:

The vet reduced the fluid going into him and they've ordered a chest X-ray.  I fear the Kitty Sitter is utterly overwhelmed with all of this; I wish I could fly out there to help her.  I urged her to consider getting him out of the ER hospital and to her vet internist tomorrow if possible to get a good gut check on the whole Chub (they also have their own hospital).  These problems are overlapping one another and they're all eminently treatable if someone gets a hold of the overall situation, which isn't always possible in an ER environment.

In the meantime, his demeanor is good!  I thought you'd enjoy this photo taken of the Kitty Sitter and Chub at the ER hospital and continue to ask you humbly for prayers on their behalf:

Schmoo Chub and Michele.jpg

Sammycat...

Thank you so much for the update. I hope and pray that KS takes your excellent advice and brings her precious boy to his vet today. If possible, please follow up with her and make sure she has done this.

Sending tons more very special prayers and Comfort Hugs to the both of them.

((((((((HeartKS & HER BELOVED CHUBBYHeart))))))))

--------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws  =^..^=

Trusted Contributor

I hope KS does take Chubby to his vet. Last year when Tibbs was so sick (vomiting diarreah, dehydrated) he was on an IV for two days. When it stopped he wouldn't eat. Not even for me. He had a bad reaction to the appetite stimulant. He would cry and seemed like it made his tummy hurt/cramp. My vet
said take him home and see if he will eat. I took him home and he marched straight to his food and ate. Then he got in his bed and took one of Schmoo's deep dish naps. He had two of these episodes last December. Not as serious as Chubby but they did not know what was wrong with him. I had just lost my 14 year old solid white, long hair Thomas.
Thomas died one year ago today. I visited his grave today and put poinsettias on his and my other cat's grave. He died at age 16 in 2013.
I miss them both so much. My prayer is for Chubby to improve enough togo home with his mom. Praying for all of the clan.
Sending from phone hope it looks right!
Honored Contributor

Prayers are going out to Kitty Sitter and Chubby. I hope the news today will be positive. 

Trusted Contributor

My vet told me long ago that cats do not board well and do not do well away from home. He would always get my boys home ASAP. I know sometimes this is not possible.
Esteemed Contributor

Friday report:  Thank you, Schmoo Prayer Warriors! Our prayers have been in answered in large measure, because although he is not out of the woods, ChubChub is now home!

Here's the story:  I didn't reveal to you how serious a decline the Chub had experienced. His colon was filled with gas; he started to have severe diarrhea (stress). His red blood cell count fell into certain anemia.  And that open-mouthed breathing is a sign of a failing heart and fluid building up around the heart and lungs, a sign I came to recognize all too well.  The poor Kitty Sitter was so rattled emotionally (understandable!) that I unfortunately had to yell a little to implore her to get Chub out of that ER and to the internist, or he would surely die because they were pumping him with too much fluid.

At first she was angry with me.  But an hour later, the chest X-ray showed he had a mildly enlarged heart and he had fluid around the heart and lungs -- and she called to tell me she made the arrangements to pull him from the ER this morning first thing.

He went to the internist, and they had to tap the fluid out to save him, which gave him the chance to breathe easily and he was able to rest.  They don't believe permanent heart damage was done and he's off the IV fluids for now.  They put him in their ICU where it's quiet, and he was able to sleep -- and as Newtoallthis reported, he finally was able to eat a little.

So they believe he's stable enough to go home tonight then back tomorrow to check his chest again and develop a plan for managing his disease moving forward.  A cardiologist will read his ultrasound tomorrow to be sure about the heart. 

Tonight, I apologized for hitting her over the head and speaking harsh words to her to get her to act urgently, but she said, "Never be sorry. You gave my boy a fighting chance.  Or maybe I should say someone taught you how to know to give him a chance:"

Silhouette.JPG

Trusted Contributor

Sammy what wonderful news that Chubby will be back in his loving home.  Once again our Prayers have been answered!! What a Blessing.

(hugs to KS)

Trusted Contributor

I'm so happy to read that CHubby is home with his Mom. Thank God KS listened to you.I will be praying that Chubby feels better and the vet gets  everything under control.

brb hope you are feeling ok and thank you for the prayers for my Mom.She is still with us but not awake.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Schmoo Beastie.jpg

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR BELOVED BEAUTY JUNKIE!!!

Wishing you a beautiful and blessed brand new 365 day journey around the Sun and that it brings you much happiness,good health and the best of everything!!

Love and Hugs

beastie Woman Very Happy and her kittehs...Tabitha,Samantha,Olivia,Henry and Jack!!! Cat LOL Cat LOL Cat LOL Cat LOL Cat LOL

(((((((((HeartBEAUTY JUNKIEHeart))))))))

-------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=