Trusted Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

Sammy, I am so very happy you made it past that hurdle!  I knew you could do it, you are progressing so well!  We are so happy for you and very proud of your strong endurance.  You Rock!!!

Prayers answered that Dear Kitty Sitter made it home to her Baby.  I am continuing to pray that he will turn around once again, He is a Brave Stong Boy that wants to be with his Mommy.

Thanks for sharing what alerted you in the picture of Dear Chubby, and Yes, I too have seen those exact signs in Precious Joey.  

Have a Blessed Day Friends, ((Group Hug))

BRBFromTX, I hope you are enjoying your freedom from Treatment!!

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1

Thinking of you and Chubby and Kitty Sitter this morning and wishing you all a blessed day.  Hang in there ... Thanksgiving is coming.  I hope you all get to eat some turkey with all the trimmings.  Peace, my friends.

Any news on Chubby?  Heart

Polar bear with roses get well wishes card

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Esteemed Contributor

Tuesday a.m. Chubby update:  A million thank yous for your prayers and good wishes for Chub -- they are working!  (Terrier3 -- I'm so glad Murray is still kicking butt and taking names!)

I got an update in the wee hours eastern time on Chubby (remember, he's on the West Coast and I'm on the East.)  Kitty Sitter went home and took a nap, then went back to the ER.

They were able to take her into a room and get him out of his cage.  He explored around the room -- acting like a cat, a great sign! -- and sat on her lap.  They do not want to assist feed him, although they should (they're understaffed and you have to push for this service, esp. in vets who think "if they don't eat, it's time to put them to sleep." That's just B.S. in a cat that's just crashed for the first time from kidney failure who has a good demeanor like Chub -- it's not giving him a chance to right himself in the early days.  But I digress.)

As Schmoo's excellent vet always said, "I treat the cat, not the numbers (the blood work)."  And in this case, the cat is improving. I encouraged the Kitty Sitter to bring his favorite pungent foods from home and treats, and she got him to eat some of his Fancy Feast tuna flavor!  He also rested on her lap comfortably. 

So we are cautiously optimistic.  Kitty Sitter had to go home and get some sleep (she'd slept about 2 hours in 2 days), so as soon as I have a report this afternoon, I'll send it along to you.

In the meantime, here's a photo of Chub from late last night, his little pupils dilated from the appetite stimulant.  His fur already looks better and he is alert, not lethargic at all, and he is on the lap of the person he loves most in the world:

Schmoo Chub ER 1.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1

Thank you for the update on Chubby - it appears that our prayers are being heard.  I'm so pleased he is eating some Fancy Feast and sitting comfortably on his best friend's lap.  I'm sure he was really homesick for Kitty Sitter.  I look forward to another hopeful update when available.

I hope too that your therapy routine is progressing and that you are gaining strength each day with less or no pain.  DH and I made therapy visits to a central PA hospital joint replacement unit on a weekly basis for almost 12 years.  Brodie (our cairn terrier, at the Bridge) was a certified therapy dog who had a sixth sense about the patients with whom he worked.  Quite often he could get patients to cooperate with therapy that the staff had trouble doing.  The patients loved him and often complied when DH and Brodie asked them to try certain therapies.  Staff often just smiled and let Brodie "do his thing."  Brodie didn't receive any pay; however, he was often worth a million dollars!  We miss him so much and still speak to people about his therapeutic gifts.  Heart  He was awesome!

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Trusted Contributor

My eyes are brimming over with tears.  I am so happy to see Sweet Chub made it through the night!!  I prayed so hard, we just couldn't lose one that is loved so much when Dear Kitty Sitter has gone through so much...Thank our Dear Lord for hearing our prayers!

Have  a Blessed Evening Dear Friends.

Joey update- My Precious one is showing signs of improving.  Went to the vet with him for a little blood workup and his numbers are slowing improving.  He is eating better and this morning turned a few flips for me to say I'm better Mommy.  He is drinking more water which is a good sign for him.  My Mom closes on her house next Monday then the moving begins.  I prayed that Joey and Jake would both get to see the new house and that is just what is going to happen!! We will get Mom moved and then on the 16th of December she will have her 4 month checkup with the oncologist and Lord willing those blood counts will be looking better as well!!  If the Dear Clan could start lifting those prayers for good Blod work I would appreciate it, I know those prayers are answered.

Hugs to all

Honored Contributor

Chubby and Kitty Sitter belong together. I am very hopeful that Chubby will pull through since Sammycat alerted that he was in trouble. Prayers continue for both of them.
Honored Contributor

Sammycat, I hope you are doing well. My prayers continue for you every day.
Esteemed Contributor

Tuesday p.m. report:  First, I'd like to lift our own poster ShopTillYouDrop and her ill pup Joey and her Mom in prayers tonight -- Joey is improving and Mom has an important milestone checkup next month....please keep them all close to your heart.

Next, I'm doing OK.  This is a long rehab and there are ups and downs, but yesterday was a triumph.  Today, I pulled a muscle in that leg at the top of my thigh.  And that's how this seems to go, pain and progress. All I know is:  I trust in the process, my doctor and time ... and boy, AnikaBrodie, I wish I had "Coach Brodie" by my side...although somehow, I think I do. 

Now to the main event:  Kitty Sitter visited with Chubby later today because the ER hospital was overrun.  THe ER staff said he ate overnight and this morning, and he ate a little for the Kitty Sitter when she went to visit for about an hour late this afternoon, her time.  He is alert, there appears to be no more blood in his urine, and he is exploring and resting with her.  He even groomed himself a little! They're going to do bloodwork tonight because it's now 24 hours since he's been undergoing treatment.  She'll email tonight with any results so I hope to have a new report for you in the morning.

She's been telling him that there are a lot of people all over this country praying for him (you!) and he perks up when she tells him your messages.

We are hoping for a Thanksgiving miracle. I know they exist;  one picked me out at the animal shelter one day and I was blessed to live with him for many glorious years:

Schmoo miracle 3.jpg

Honored Contributor

Shop, I am glad your Mom is getting ready to move into her new home. I will be praying for her to receive a good report from her doctors. Joey is a sweet doggie fighter for sure. Bless his heart. 

Sammycat, it sounds like Chubby is responding to treatment, and I am hopeful he will be home by Thanksgiving. You said that his blood work may have been incorrect? My Sugarbear has dilated eyes anytime she is at the vet. Someone asked me the last time I had her there if her eyes are always dilated. No, only when stressed. 

I am glad you are progressing along with your knee. I think you are surely right about it taking time. 

Good night everyone,

Honored Contributor

Schmoo Chub ER 1.jpg

Sweet,precious boy...

You are so greatly loved by so many...all of whom are praying that you recover ASAP so that you can go back home with your mommy, ASAP.

Sending tons more very special prayers and cyber hugs and kisses your way! :-)

((((((((HeartCHUBBYHeart)))))))))

--------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=