Trusted Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

I am so sorry to hear this about Chubby.I keep him in my daily prayers but will pray extra hard tonight that he can pull through this.This all seems so unfair for Kitty Sitter and I am praying for her too.Please Lord don't take her boy from her yet,please.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Valued Contributor

Prayers tonight for Chubby and Kitty Sitter. May God heal Chubby. 

(((((((((Chubby and Kitty Sitter)))))))

Respected Contributor

Sammycat, I will be praying very seriously for poor Chubby, I hope there's better news very soon!

Honored Contributor

Schmoo Chub view.jpg

Sammycat..

God Bless you for noting that something was wrong with Chubby and notifying his sitter to get him to the emergency vet.

Sending tons of very special prayers to precious Chubby and his dear mommy, KS, and tons of very special Comfort Hugs too.

((((((HeartKS & HER BELOVED CHUBBYHeart))))))

-------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Trusted Contributor

Sammy, Lifting Kitty Sitter and Chubby up in prayer that our Dear Lord will please give this wonderful little one a little more life to live and share with Kitty Sitter.  

May I ask what in the picture caused you to know something had changed?  I would like to apply this to my knowledge in caring for Joey.

Hugs Dear Friends

PS- I pray your PT is better this week.  It sure seems like a wall is hit by most during recovery, I think those knees just said give me a Break and mentally that is so hard to deal with!  I pray it is better this week.

Trusted Contributor

I'm praying for Chubby and also for Kitty Sitter. Thank God, Sammycat you noticed something wrong. Serious prayers for this serious situation!

Esteemed Contributor

Monday report:  Before I give the Chubby update, I wanted to thank many of you for your heartfelt and encouraging posts, especially of your personal experiences in PT.  I read and re-read them and took them to heart, and today, I finally pushed past my stuck range of motion milepost.  I also had a strength test and that is off the charts great; I just have to get that range of motion better and with your help I know I will.

Now to the important part:  Kitty Sitter flew across country and got to Chubby's side at mid-day.  His numbers got worse, but they actually thought it might be an equipment calibration problem so they're re-testing him tonight.  The ER doc called her last night and said his bladder was very inflamed, and they believe this all was caused by the bladder infection.  They've sent out cultures but in the meantime are giving him two broad-spectrum, powerful antibiotics to help him along. 

She said poor Chub is completely rattled by the ER -- it's noisy and scary, and he's disoriented.  He hates being in his cage.  But he recognized her and after being afraid a bit, came toward her and nuzzled her....he knows she's trying to save him.  She got him to eat a little and visited with him for @ 2 hours.  She's going back in tonight for another visit and bringing some of his fave flavors, treats, etc.  He is alert, which is very much in his favor.

ShopTillYouDrop, you asked how I knew he was in trouble.  I don't know if it's the same for dogs, but in cats, you notice a few things:  1) the fur suddenly appears greasy, 2) the eyes look dull, hooded, somewhat expressionless and sometimes the pet can't even open them the whole way, 3) the face is gaunt (sometimes this happens overnight, literally) as though a sudden major weight loss has happened and 4) the cat looks like it had a major weight loss/muscle mass loss overnight.  So this is what I saw in Chub to alert the Kitty Sitter, because I've seen it so many times before -- and sometimes reading these "tea leaves" can mean the difference between life and death.

So I'll keep you updated as soon as I have updates on Chub's condition.  I cut and pasted all your posts to her, and she keeps reading them and saying how thankful she is for the Schmoo Family.

We don't give up:  not on our pets, and not on each other.  Here's me holding the Schmoo at the vet after his lifesaving dental surgery in 2008.  The talent of a great vet, the power of Mommy love and prayers from this forum -- unbeatable:

Schmoo and Mommy at vet - dental 2.jpg

Honored Contributor

I'm so glad to see this thread is continuing...

I will never forget your inspiration- encouraging me to help my aunt's cat, Murray, through his kidney failure.

He's still with us and still going strong!

I really owe it all to you, Sammycat. 

Thank you so much. And have a great Thanksgiving too!

Honored Contributor

Sammycat, I am hopeful that Chubby will pull through. I have heard you say how serious a UTI can be, especially in a male cat. I am so glad you saw photos, and alerted them. I know you will keep us updated, and my prayers continue for Chubby and Kitty Sitter. We are prayer warriors, as we believe.
Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1

As a prayer warrior for people and pets I'll be praying for Chubby and for Kitty Sitter.  With all the TLC and antibiotics he is receiving hopefully in the next few days he will be home and back to being himself.  I hope KS's visit tonight was successful in getting him to eat his favorite treats and I hope that he continues to be alert.  (((((Hugs))))) all around.

Chub, this is for you.  Heart  Get well very soon.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~