Honored Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

Fergus looks so docile, and wow does he reflect excellent care. My family raised a collie, and I know they are a lot of work to keep mantained. Handsome collie. 

medium.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wednesday report:  One more day of work to go!  Had my final checkup with the surgeon and we have ignition for Tuesday -- thank God!

Humble thanks to Geezerette and Tissyanne and Beastielove for your recent kind posts of confidence.  I have the sense that Schmoo will be watching from Heaven saying, "C'mon, you're my Mommy -- suck it up, Buttercup!" 

I'll have one snag in my recovery, and that is I can't take NSAIDs (anti-inflammatories) because I had 2 ulcers caused by NSAIDs in the past year ... too much bleeding risk.  So the swelling will take longer to go down and there will be more pain .... but it's a pain that will eventually end.

It has never escaped my mind as I finish my battlefield tours for this year that the poor soldiers here endured unimaginable agony when wounded.  I wonder how they would marvel at the fact that you can get a new part these days.

DH suggested I take a small photo of Schmoo to the hospital to remind me of the toughest fighter around for inspiration.  I chose the one below from my avatar -- there is one determined kitty.  Do you think it's a good choice?

Schmoo determined 1.jpg

Valued Contributor

Already sending up prayers for you to have a successful surgery and speedy recovery!
I know you will draw strength from your tough kitty fighter and we will be here cheering you on!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sammycat, this photo will certainly tell you to hang tough. No nonsense in this face! 

original-3.jpeg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sammycat1 wrote:

I have the sense that Schmoo will be watching from Heaven saying, "C'mon, you're my Mommy -- suck it up, Buttercup!" 

DH suggested I take a small photo of Schmoo to the hospital to remind me of the toughest fighter around for inspiration.  I chose the one below from my avatar -- there is one determined kitty.  Do you think it's a good choice?

Schmoo determined 1.jpg

Absolutely!!! That's most definitely a "Suck it up, Buttercup!" expression on Schmoo's face!!! :-)

------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Trusted Contributor

Sammycat thats a great picture of MrSchmoo and his face looks as if its saying whatever you throw my way I will get through.I am tough just like my Mom so you look at this picture and remember all he went through and you will get through your surgery.No doubt he will be watching over you.

brb glad to see you back and I hope you are oding ok.Praying for you everyday.

newtoallthis its sounding quite promising with the stray,I bet soon enough he will come close to you and eventually you will get to pet him. 

Wouldn't it be wonderful if we all did live mearby and were able to visit with Sammycat.Once you were home and starting the recovery we could all have a blast and your DH would be surrouned by a bunch of se*y gorgeous women,lol. 

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Valued Contributor

Beauty I agree it would be so nice to live near one another, although I can feel everyone's cyber love and thank you all for it!  Sending out my love , hugs, and prayers to everyone in Schmooville!

Trusted Contributor

Sammy I love the picture you will be taking to the hospital of Precious Schmoo. I think that face close to your cheek will help give you the strength you need to push on.  You are going to do wonderfully and will feel like a new person very, very soon!  I agree, what wonderfully fun neighbors our clan would be, but for now great BIG Cyber Hug

to all!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Thursday report:  Thanks for your hearty endorsement of the "Schmoo Recovery Inspirational Photo."  It's ready to go!

Today was my last day of work on the battlefield, and I did too much.  Way too much, so I'm hurting and will be brief.

Maybe what I need is what the guy in the photo below had when he was hurting and needing a pick-me-up -- the soft touch of someone who loved him:

Schmoo scruff.jpg

Honored Contributor

beauty junkie wrote:

Sammycat thats a great picture of MrSchmoo and his face looks as if its saying whatever you throw my way I will get through.I am tough just like my Mom so you look at this picture and remember all he went through and you will get through your surgery.No doubt he will be watching over you.

brb glad to see you back and I hope you are oding ok.Praying for you everyday.

newtoallthis its sounding quite promising with the stray,I bet soon enough he will come close to you and eventually you will get to pet him. 

Wouldn't it be wonderful if we all did live mearby and were able to visit with Sammycat.Once you were home and starting the recovery we could all have a blast and your DH would be surrouned by a bunch of se*y gorgeous women,lol. 

beauty... ITA!!!!! Hoping that you're feeling better and  amsending more prayers to you and your mom.

----------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=